Comic Sell Price Change Reasoning/Discussion

Options

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Moon 17 wrote:
    Well, how much is a bit? Numbers would facilitate this discussion measurably.
    I can't give out internal numbers unfortunately. If you go off user collected data you can get a decent idea of it though: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1227 Basically, we just added in a 5th "rarity" which pulled away from the other odds.
  • mischiefmaker
    Options
    I've updated the spreadsheet so that it will accurately track the probability of getting hero points. Based on IceIX's comments I'd guess it's something like a 2-2.5% chance, but we'll see over the next few weeks.
  • mischiefmaker
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    TheVulture wrote:
    Forgot to say: thanks for telling us before the weekend, IceIX - I'll be hoarding them all!
    Well, to be fair, this is the kind of "big change" that we'd like to start telling you all earlier than this. The reason we didn't is because of exactly that: You'd all hoard tokens until the change for that much longer. icon_e_smile.gif
    THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS.
  • aussiemac
    aussiemac Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Unity wrote:
    aussiemac wrote:
    Looks pretty nice for everyone. Low-mid levels get a big win: hero points available via tokens, plus possibly slightly less competition for top spots. High levels get a bit fewer hero points, but I'm guessing most of those players are constrained by iso instead of hero points, so a win for them too, especially as many of them have been hoarding standard tokens.

I'm having trouble thinking of a player type who wouldn't benefit from this change. Maybe a mid-level player who's already made the transition to 3*s, who has some covers maxed but not all, is diversifying her roster, and is starting to hoard hero points to use to level up 3* skills?

What is the advantage to hoarding standard tokens?

You have a better chance at pulling a 2* plus.

Are you saying you have a better chance because you are just pulling more? Or are your odds actually impacted by the amount of tokens you have? That seems a bit strange to me
  • I prefer HP. I'm glad I just sold an IW.

I don't mind the change though. I've been starting to collect duplicates for 2-stars, and now this incentivises me to do it for 3-stars too.
  • Welcome change! Thanks, IceIX!
  • aussiemac
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Moon 17 wrote:
    I can't give out internal numbers unfortunately. If you go off user collected data you can get a decent idea of it though: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1227 Basically, we just added in a 5th "rarity" which pulled away from the other odds.

So if the odds from standard decks have historically been:
    1* 82.86%
    2* 14.46%
    3* 2.66%
    4* 0.02%

You are saying that the new odds may look something like this where 1% was pulled from 3* and added to 1* to compensate for the new 1% chance of getting HP along with a cover?:
    1* 83.86%
    2* 14.46%
    3* 1.66%
    4* 0.02%
    +HP Reward: 1%
  • I prefer HP. I'm glad I just sold an IW.

I don't mind the change though. I've been starting to collect duplicates for 2-stars, and now this incentivises me to do it for 3-stars too.

I do too, unfortunately. What would be nice if there was a way to convert up the lower packs to higher packs. To help remove some of the "chance". Like, 10 Standard packs for 1 Hero 2* pack or whatever they are called.
  • aussiemac wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Moon 17 wrote:

1* 82.86%
    2* 14.46%
    3* 2.66%
    4* 0.02%

You are saying that the new odds may look something like this where 1% was pulled from 3* and added to 1* to compensate for the new 1% chance of getting HP along with a cover?:
    1* 83.86%
    2* 14.46%
    3* 1.66%
    4* 0.02%

No, he specifically stated that more of the % came out of 1* pulls. Your scenario has the entire % coming out of 3* pulls. That is practically the opposite of what he said.

You can assume it takes something like .8% from 1*, .15% from 2*, and .05% from 3* if the ratios are distributed evenly.
  • aussiemac
    Options
    Celerity wrote:
    aussiemac wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Moon 17 wrote:

1* 82.86%
    2* 14.46%
    3* 2.66%
    4* 0.02%

1* 83.86%
    2* 14.46%
    3* 1.66%
    4* 0.02%

No, he specifically stated that more of the % came out of 1* pulls. Your scenario has the entire % coming out of 3* pulls. That is practically the opposite of what he said.

You can assume it takes something like .8% from 1*, .15% from 2*, and .05% from 3* if the ratios are distributed evenly.

aaahh okay. I didn't think I understood, hence my overly detailed question. Thanks!
  • IceIX
    Options
    Celerity wrote:
    Pretty much, yes.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    In regards to the 25 HP from the Standard Token... I'd be pissed if I got 25 HP instead of a 3*.

Instead, what about making the 25 HP an additional possible reward at the 3* percentage. ie. you use a standard token, get a character cover and then have the possibility of getting the 25 HP.

Or you can modify the % to whatever, just make it in addition.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    kaganb wrote:
    In regards to the 25 HP from the Standard Token... I'd be pissed if I got 25 HP instead of a 3*.

Instead, what about making the 25 HP an additional possible reward at the 3* percentage. ie. you use a standard token, get a character cover and then have the possibility of getting the 25 HP.

Thats basically what they're doing. A very small percentage is being taken out of the 3* percentage from what IceIX said, and I'm inclined to believe him since the community would find out very quickly if this wasn't the case.
  • It doesn't sound like it.

From the description, you pull standard token, you have 5 possible options as a reward: 1*, 2*, 3*, 4*, 25 HP.

What I am suggesting is, you pull standard token, you have 4 possible options as a reward: 1*, 2*, 3*, 4*. Then, you get a chance at getting the 25 HP reward on top of that.
  • IceIX
    Options
    kaganb wrote:

Well, to be fair, the chances of you having pulled an HP instead of a 3* would be a fraction of a percent. On top of that, you would never even know that it was in place of a 3* since it's not like the reward morphs from one thing to another.
  • kaganb wrote:

I wouldn't. It means I will be disappointed when I get 3*** lol.

This is an hp nerf for f2p players (everyone, but the goal is to hit f2p players and make the hp even more of a $ currency than it is) . That is its goal. Though the buff to iso is a nice way to soften the blow, the goal with the change looks to be pretty clear: its to lower hp intake. Less chance of earning hp in standard packs now, and a big loss of hp for placement in tournements. 175 hp for a top 5 just became 100 basically. Not necessarily unfair, but it is what it is.

Bright side, it will make those standard token draws WAY more profitable in general. If only I had been saving them up! Sigh lol.

I doubt the spidey changes comes in the next 4 days. So I sold the yellow spidey in my
    ache before this change goes live. I recommend others waiting on mags or spidey and Have kept the 3*** to do the same before they lose those 25 hp, which given the constant increase in hp value by decrease in supply is a big deal.
  • IceIX wrote:
    kaganb wrote:

Well, to be fair, the chances of you having pulled an HP instead of a 3* would be a fraction of a percent. On top of that, you would never even know that it was in place of a 3* since it's not like the reward morphs from one thing to another.

If the reward did morph - way more 1* and 2* covers would morph into HP. So there is more to be happy about than to be upset over.
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Woot for the change
    Boo for the 30+ ** covers I just sold this morning
  • MaxCavalera
    MaxCavalera Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Celerity wrote:
    Pretty much, yes.

If it turn out to be anything close to this standard tokens become much more valuable, trading .05 chance from 3* to get an additional 1% chance at something more valuable then 100 Iso is a definite win I would say.

Also i will have to hang on to the next 10 cap covers i get from the PvE over the weekend to sell Monday when this goes in.