Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    I used 3* Cyclops/Daredevil/Patch in a recent PVE and it absolutely wrecked enemies. It was surprising how little I needed to use Full Blast.
  • Tarheelmax
    Tarheelmax Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Last PVE my go to team was Thing/IM40/4cyc(3/5/5). So much fun.

Two yellow matches and you are full of red, green, and blue. Then you fire 4cyc blue and you are even more full of red. Then the enemy is dead.
  • Entropic
    Entropic Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    My goto team unboosted is OML/3*Cyclops/3*Bullseye. Cyc's powers can ramp up fairly quickly and do a ton of damage, which allows OML to create his special tiles. Then have Bullseye blast those special tiles, often killing an enemy and triggering his creation of even more special tiles. Rinse and repeat.
  • SpecSpecter
    SpecSpecter Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    I like using Cap/Cap/Kamala on waves.
    Efficient enough to get the job done, full color coverage, and even thematically makes sense! (or at least until Civil War II)

Sure Cyclops or Luke Cage could cover Captain Marvel's colors too, but screw it I like using her even if she isn't considered optimal. That and I use Luke Cage way to often as it is outside of this combo and it's good to change it up.
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Out of necessity in the recent Heroic, I saw success with Ragnarök, Quicksilver and Totally Awesome Hulk. Just spitting out blue all over the place!
  • Cdubb1975
    Cdubb1975 Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    4* Facon, 4* Red Hulk, 3* witch. Falcon's blue speeds up Witch's countdown tiles which speeds up Rulk's green. Plus Falcons red is an absolute killer' and a nice side power if pink and green aren't flowing.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Great posting this is why I play I love looking for combos that are fun and interesting more than just dominating so here are some I have been messing around with:

Rags, Quicksilver and KK or IM-40 all red goes to Rags, Green goes to Quicksilver and spam IM-40s yellow if things go right you are done by the first time you collect.

Another one I use all the time is KK, IM-40 and She-Hulk, last event I went from 1400-2000 points with just this group and used 1 heal. It is very fast and denies, denies, denies. IF you like blue in Magic this is a combo worth trying. Just make sure that you have IM-40 max blue not red so you get maximum benefit of the AOE's which is your major source of damage.
  • Dudemon
    Dudemon Posts: 57 Match Maker
    I like KK, Vision, and Cage.

Talk about massive amounts of healing. And heavy strike followed by bash is no joke.

wins more than average in defense on PVP too methinks.

Dudemon
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    Current fun team: Daredevil/Bulls3y3/IM40...IM40 provides the blue/red/green AP pretty quickly, spam some stuns and some traps, use the Bullseye green to match the traps and do a ton of damage to a largely perma-stunned team. Probably not a good defensive team.

Also: OML/Laken/Bulls3y3...ridiculous number of strike tiles, especially when you can get Contract Killer triggered. You destroy, and then immediately replace strike tiles. Lots of fun, and I have a minimally effective OML.

Also: IM40/She Hulk/Patch...blue/red/green from IM40 to power Patch's red, which has tons of tiles to power it since IM40 is stunned, then use She Hulk to convert all the enemy strike tiles back to the good guy's team...with the occasional She Hulk green to suck out all the enemy AP.
  • cardoor
    cardoor Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    Vision with 2 low lvl characters (so he matches as many colors as possible). Great way to use characters you haven't put ISO into yet, but want to save health packs by sacrificing them when you want to protect Vision. The fun part is a monstrous match damage cascades.
  • SpecSpecter
    SpecSpecter Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    hopper1979 wrote:
    Another one I use all the time is KK, IM-40 and She-Hulk, last event I went from 1400-2000 points with just this group and used 1 heal. It is very fast and denies, denies, denies. IF you like blue in Magic this is a combo worth trying. Just make sure that you have IM-40 max blue not red so you get maximum benefit of the AOE's which is your major source of damage.
    Might have to try this one, it would be nice to have an excuse to get more use out of She Hulk
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I had a ton of fun using 3* magneto hood and bullseye in the nefarious foes PvP.
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Just found a fun team this morning by accident because of DDQ node for patch (who I never use).

Patch, Doc Ock, IM40

You use recharge to have Manipulation ready. Then you use Patch's Green immediately followed by Manipulation. Unlike Loki where sometimes you can get caught out if the tiles don't match Manipulation destroys the tiles and does bonus damage to the enemy.

I also tried this with IM40 being replaced by Thing as a safety net for high strike tile repercussions. But this only works if Thing is low leveled else you don't get those excellent Defense tiles placed.
  • dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    I was having fun with Quicksilver, Patch, and Ant-Man on this heroic. Patch gets his strike tiles out, Ant-Man's blue converts them to strike tiles for me, which sets off QS passive. Nice damage. Ant-Man purple attack tiles get ramped up with Patch's tiles as well. Use QS black to move stuff around. Worked well.
  • Kjempen
    Kjempen Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    I tried this team today for The Big Enchilada:
    3* Cyclops (5/4/4)
    3* Daredevil (3/5/5)
    3* Scarlet Witch (5/3/5)

Takes a little bit of concentration in the first wave to build up some AP and get Cyclops' yellow and Daredevil's blue charged up. Then get the stun chain going and use Cyc yellow to fill up Daredevil red. Use DD red to set out trap tiles, and use Cyclops yellow to get a lot more red on the board (and very likely set off a trap tile or two). Once you get into it, it makes all the following waves over so fast, and you don't have to think or anything, it's almost automatic. Fire off DD blue and red, Cyc yellow, SW purple, Cyc black; then DD blue and red, Cyc yellow, SW purple, Cyc black... Only use Cyc red in "emergencies" as it might disable your own traps. It's a very effective team for TBE!

(EDIT: Forgot to mention that this team can handle almost any opponent you get in TBE; for opponents that generate attack/strike/protect tiles, remember to use DD purple which will be filled up automatically by SW.)
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    So not much a whole combination rather than a pairing I am greatly enjoying.

Gamora & Iron Fist plus an under covered 4* Cyclops

Gamora is all about getting Bad Reputation out whilst using Cyclops as an additional battery. Iron Fist has that beautiful passive and generates black for Bad Rep.

I can usually get out two Bad Reps per match and then I use her cheap Red to slice into enemy health after I've used Iron's green of course.

Strike tiles everywhere!
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Azoth658 wrote:
    So not much a whole combination rather than a pairing I am greatly enjoying.

Gamora & Iron Fist plus an under covered 4* Cyclops

Gamora is all about getting Bad Reputation out whilst using Cyclops as an additional battery. Iron Fist has that beautiful passive and generates black for Bad Rep.

I can usually get out two Bad Reps per match and then I use her cheap Red to slice into enemy health after I've used Iron's green of course.

Strike tiles everywhere!
    I use hood in place of 4cyke. fist and gamora can take some time to get going and hood helps **** the other team long enough to get rolling good. I use that team in shield sim all the time.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Well, when every node that isn't trivial is goons 395 and characters 326, I guess I have to use my OML, SS, Phoenix.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been having a good time with Vision/Blade/IF. Mostly on easy nodes, the combo makes a match way faster. If you can match blue twice in a row you're hitting the enemy team for >1k on half the available colors, >500 attack tile post-match, and more if there's enough red to engage Blade's strike tiles. I've been using it to clear out all the easy nodes in PvE and a few clears of the harder nodes until they run out of gas.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    For the Prodigal Sun PvE event I'm playing around with IM40, Doc Oc, Patch. Recharge , wait, Berserker Rage, Manipulation. The Manipulation Damage with the green strike tiles added to it is nice.