Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• HossDrone
    HossDrone Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    Iron fist + cmags + quicksilver

So many ways to fire a power and make a cascade which feeds a power and does it again...and again...and again. I have repeatedly found this team hits a snowball turn where I just fire power after power and win regardless of opponent life totals.

Need to find a clever name.

Speedfinite?
    Silverfist?
    Mobius strip?

Suggestions welcome
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been using a few different teams recently. Mostly

XFW + XFool + PX.
    This can usually get through most things relatively unscathed and has been a great team for the hard nodes in ISO brotherhood.

X23 + IM40.
    Recharge essentially guarantees that you can convert Holding Back into Berserker Fury at the first cast. IM is going to tank Red over X23, although she'll get it back when he's stunned. I think Nova might be a good third wheel for this team, he finishes rainbow coverage and can be used to spam Strike tiles in order to reduce the cost on X23's purple. But there is some conflict since his Black removes Strikes again and he's going to be tanking Red and he's contesting Yellow AP.

Switch + Flaptain.
    This team is super fun. Matching Blue reduces the timer on SWitches CD, which speeds up your Purple AP acceleration to crazy fast. It's missing Blue/Black actives and there's not a huge selection to fill that spot. Surfer is probably the best fit that doesn't step on anyone's toes too much - your other choices are Doom (who has a Blue spender that removes Blue from the board), Black Panther (who has Blue spender that creates a competing CD that you don't want/need), and Chulk (who is Chulk... but has a Blue spender that helps accelerate Green so you might consider using it).
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    pheregas wrote:
    Tryke wrote:
    Mine isn't even fully covered yet, but I am really liking the reworked Quicksilver. He plays "puzzlely" and making his abilities cheaper with locked tiles actually makes him feel fast. His old green was sorta weird.

IM40 is the new shibang and just offers a lot of options now.

I was playing around with Quicksilver, Kamala, and Vision. You've got a rainbow team there that heals awfully darn fast.

My favorite fun team is Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch and 2* Hawkeye. Two credible ways to create match-5's for Hawkeye, solid team damage on three abilities, and two ways to stun. They only miss yellow for color coverage.
  • I'm transitioning to 3* and slowly grinding every day for ISO. Thanks to the Women of Power event, I was able to try out a few characters which are relatively well covered but not leveled.

I found Mohawk + Karmala Khan + Gamora to be fun. Gamora's red is easy to activate. Once Mohawk starts generating AP and KK generates green, it's great.
  • johnmcclane
    johnmcclane Posts: 170
    During this PVE I'm having fun fighting with Vision, Hulk and Loki. Once Vision goes with his blue, if I got also Loki's purple and Hulk's green it's a bad day for the opponents (if the Vision's countdown tile is matched or destroyed, usually with the cascade or the tile movement I got easily another 5 blue tiles).
    and then BOOM! KA-PAM!
    all dead.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    The team i am going for, and i seek out in SSim because it is my mortal enemy is :

Ghost Rider 5/5/3
    Falcap 5/5/3
    PX 5/4/4

PX tanks blue, so once he is hidden, it gets messy fast. Ghost rider gets his red out, each blue match pops his red, and double buffs attack tiles (falcap and px) .. It starts to get insane, 10k+ in attack tiles per turn, my lvl 360 OML dies fast and hard if i can't get PX down before he hides.

I want this team, i am close on covers, but missing 900k iso,.
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Malcrof wrote:
    The team i am going for, and i seek out in SSim because it is my mortal enemy is :

Ghost Rider 5/5/3
    Falcap 5/5/3
    PX 5/4/4

PX tanks blue, so once he is hidden, it gets messy fast. Ghost rider gets his red out, each blue match pops his red, and double buffs attack tiles (falcap and px) .. It starts to get insane, 10k+ in attack tiles per turn, my lvl 360 OML dies fast and hard if i can't get PX down before he hides.

Oh that is soooo clever. I'm early in my 4* transition so a long way from having these characters as usable but even without PX that Ghost and Falcap is ingenious.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    I've heard comments on that ProfX/GR/Falcap combo before. If I ever get a Falcap blue cover, I want to try it myself as well.

Recently I've been discovering the joy of the Xforce twin combo. I've only recently gotten Xpool up to usable levels recently but now that I have both at 13 covers its been a blast this past week in the PVE.

There's one new team I've been trying to get to work, that should work in theory, but I keep failing with. I recently got my first Goblin cover, his yellowflag.png . Not as exciting as his blackflag.png or purpleflag.png but that passive made me think of this combo: 3* Cap/IM40/GG.

GG fortifies IM40's Recharge countdowns, then does the same for Cap's redflag.png & blueflag.png . This should work like gangbusters, right? An unstoppable march to shield slinging. But every time I've tried , I just can't get it started with the two yellow matches. I've tried it 6 times now, in PVE and PVP and it just never gets clicking. Bad boards, Tony showing up drunk in the suit, I don't know what it is. Even when I do get recharge off, its been such bad placement that I can't fortify them in time. I've haven't wiped it with it, my Cap and IM40 are both champed, but I have had GG go down twice as he's tanking most of it anyway.

Anyone else tried this and had it work? It did terrible for PVP defense, I tried it in a lightening round and got attacked 6 times despite stopping after the seed teams (but then again, teams with 1 cover 5*'s are always a big target in PVP) I know there's better ways to use GG but with the cover I've got, I've got few options. Though he should go nice with S Witch and whoever she's feeding purple to though...
  • xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker

Ghost Rider 5/5/3
    Falcap 5/5/3
    PX 5/4/4

Ooohh... that's nasty.. Does PX need to be maxed? I have covered but not maxed PX and Falcon, and GR is 3/5/2. Need a ton of ISO but this sounds devastating.
    Switch + Flaptain.
    This team is super fun. Matching Blue reduces the timer on SWitches CD, which speeds up your Purple AP acceleration to crazy fast. It's missing Blue/Black actives and there's not a huge selection to fill that spot. Surfer is probably the best fit that doesn't step on anyone's toes too much - your other choices are Doom (who has a Blue spender that removes Blue from the board), Black Panther (who has Blue spender that creates a competing CD that you don't want/need), and Chulk (who is Chulk... but has a Blue spender that helps accelerate Green so you might consider using it).

This is becoming a fave of mine, and it makes me want to max out Falcon. One of the guys in our alliance is always championing this combo and it really, really works. My only issue is that you end up with a ton of Blue and nothing to use it on. One suggestion is Ant-Man, but his blue is sort of situationally useful. On the other hand, you'll probably have enough of it to double-cast it and use Grow. Also, he benefits from Falcon buffing all of the Ant tiles that get put out.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I noticed in the Lightning rounds that Starlord and Iron Man 40 actually have quite nice synergy between their yellows. Drop Everyone with me and you can Recharge for only 4 AP...
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2016
    Malcrof wrote:

Ghost Rider 5/5/3
    Falcap 5/5/3
    PX 5/4/4

I'm short a couple GR covers, but by GRs ddq day, i'll have all 3 at 145 and can play with that group in pve some (maybe troll in shield sim some too lol). yeah - that iso...

edit: tried them on some trivial nodes in last night's grind. fun, but not fast enough for what I needed at the time. will tinker with them more when I have more time. only issue is there's no acceleration here. witch, im40 and fist (and even hood) have spoiled me to speed.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Being solidly in 3* land for now, I have fun with this in Simulator, but especially in Women of Power.

Kamala/Gamora/She-Hulk

On offense, not incredibly powerful. It takes awhile to whittle down enemies. You've got to decide whether to reserve your green for Kamala's AoE or spend it to deplete some dangerous AP pools.

On defense - I've won more player hits than lost. Cheap powers enable rapid heal, and she-hulk's drain is incredibly annoying when you're winding up for that big punch to down Kamala. All the while Gamora's cutting you for not-insignificant damage and She-hulk is stealing your special tiles.

Women.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    In every PVE i use a team i call my Trivial Trio:

Beast, Psylocke, Iron Fist.

Complete rainbow synergy, 3 special tile makers, AP generation for Psylocke with IF Purple, toss in a heal and aoe with Beast, and this team builds up to huge damage. I use it on all trivial PVE nodes and usually the first 1 or 2 of the normals, i have all 3 champed, which just makes it easier. All those fun tiles!
  • Azoth658
    xidragonxi wrote:

*snip*

This is becoming a fave of mine, and it makes me want to max out Falcon. One of the guys in our alliance is always championing this combo and it really, really works. My only issue is that you end up with a ton of Blue and nothing to use it on. One suggestion is Ant-Man, but his blue is sort of situationally useful. On the other hand, you'll probably have enough of it to double-cast it and use Grow. Also, he benefits from Falcon buffing all of the Ant tiles that get put out.

How about Iceman as the third for Switch and Falcap? Surely his blue would be an amazing addition? (not got a lot of iceman experience so forgive me if the suggestion is bad)
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    in the new Avengers PvP, i've been rocking LCap, LThor, and IM40. Kind of a throwback, but the match goes really fast once you hit a couple yellow matches.

it's missing purple and black, but doesn't seem to be too much of an issue yet. I could swap KK for Thor, but she's only at 114 at the moment (though next in line for an ISO dump).
  • Azoth658
    Malcrof wrote:
    In every PVE i use a team i call my Trivial Trio:

Beast, Psylocke, Iron Fist.

Complete rainbow synergy, 3 special tile makers, AP generation for Psylocke with IF Purple, toss in a heal and aoe with Beast, and this team builds up to huge damage. I use it on all trivial PVE nodes and usually the first 1 or 2 of the normals, i have all 3 champed, which just makes it easier. All those fun tiles!

I'm surprised you wouldn't be rocking a cheeky KK instead of beast in that scenario.

You get the Ironfist, Psylocke synergy but with much faster Green AP build and faster passive healing. Especially if you spec KK as 5/5/3 because Ironfist could be rocking green instead.
  • dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    I enjoy using KK, Beast, and 3 star.png Captain Marvel. All colors accounted for, cheap powers for healing with KK, special tiles from Beast, and if I need it, double healing from Beast's yellowflag.png

I second 3 star.png Bullseye and IF paired together. If Bullseye can down a guy, IF's attack tile does 1K+ damage/turn.

In the Women of Power event, I enjoyed using Gamora, IF, and SWitch. Lots of purple to turn to black which turned into lots of strike tiles from Gamora.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    HossDrone wrote:

So many ways to fire a power and make a cascade which feeds a power and does it again...and again...and again. I have repeatedly found this team hits a snowball turn where I just fire power after power and win regardless of opponent life totals.

Speedfinite?
    Silverfist?
    Mobius strip?

Suggestions welcome

I second this. It's rediculous.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    HossDrone wrote:

Suggestions welcome

Quisteto.
    (tm Taco Bell)
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 684 Critical Contributor
    5* Logan 2/1/1
    3* Daken 5/3/5
    Devil Dino

It's fun to destroy strike tiles and create more at the same time. Devil Dino for cheap green and purple powers to lay down more.