Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2021
    5* Scarlet Witch 5/4/4
    Mr. Sinister 5/3/5 or 4/4/5
    God Emperor Doom 4/5/4
    Why use Scarlet Witch at 5/4/4 instead of 5/3/5?  Or are you just assuming that Hulk will get the AoE off and hit everyone each turn, kicking the 33% per character up to the 80% damage reduction limit?

Edit - Tried Witch/Sinister/Okoye against Colossus/Scarlet Witch/Prof X.  Their Witch also picked black for Chaos Magic, which made things interesting.  Okoye went down, but I did win the match.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,008 Chairperson of the Boards
    What order are you running them left to right?
    GED/Sinister/Wanda
  • Tiger_Wong
    5* Scarlet Witch 5/4/4
    Mr. Sinister 5/3/5 or 4/4/5
    God Emperor Doom 4/5/4
    Why use Scarlet Witch at 5/4/4 instead of 5/3/5?  Or are you just assuming that Hulk will get the AoE off and hit everyone each turn, kicking the 33% per character up to the 80% damage reduction limit?

Edit - Tried Witch/Sinister/Okoye against Colossus/Scarlet Witch/Prof X.  Their Witch also picked black for Chaos Magic, which made things interesting.  Okoye went down, but I did win the match.
    That was a mistype. I meant 4/4/5
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Boosted America Chavez, Boosted Ronan, and (sadly unboosted) Cpt M4rvel might save my Ronan PvP. The crit damage to whomever Ronan is targeting with his black is pretty insane. Probably won’t be as effective unboosted. 
  • Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 222 Tile Toppler
    Not exactly super powerful but found out it's super fun to have Nico team up with 3 star Storm. Storm uses Hailstorm and that's all it takes for Nico to begin upgrading all of them every turn. So much fun watching them chunk enemy health bars through just special tiles.  
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,124 Chairperson of the Boards
    Continuing on my mission to find something to do with Gambit, I've had a bit of Simulator success running Hawkeye/Gambit/Heimdall. In this scenario you have a pair of red batteries, a power discounter who can actively do it while Hawkeye passively drops fortifications on the countdown spam. It's not that awesome against Polaris or Hulk teams though, which means it's basically just not that awesome at all, but it does work against mundane enemies pretty well.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Continuing on my mission to find something to do with Gambit, I've had a bit of Simulator success running Hawkeye/Gambit/Heimdall. In this scenario you have a pair of red batteries, a power discounter who can actively do it while Hawkeye passively drops fortifications on the countdown spam. It's not that awesome against Polaris or Hulk teams though, which means it's basically just not that awesome at all, but it does work against mundane enemies pretty well.

You could also use Green Goblin as a tile fortifier. His hp is low, but he's an option.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I have a 3/3/3 Goblin, so he isn’t a great option for me. But Hawkeye fortifies the tiles and the creates 3 blue/red for every one that burns down, which is crucial for the Heimdall and Gambit engine.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,771 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have a 3/3/3 Goblin, so he isn’t a great option for me. But Hawkeye fortifies the tiles and the creates 3 blue/red for every one that burns down, which is crucial for the Heimdall and Gambit engine.
    Try Dr. Strange.  Once the engine gets going you should be able to stunlock the enemy team pretty easily with his blue.  It's more of a PvE team but if you're just screwing around in PvP they'll work.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I'm 8 Mordos away from finishing my 5/2/5 5trange, so I'm sure I'll be having some variation on the "Champed _______, now what?" experience I'm having now with Gambit lol. I'll give that a shot. 

In other non-gambit related news, I tried a variant on @Tiger_Wong's Doom/Sinister/5Witch team and went with Sinister/Iceman/5Witch for a bit, that way you get built in damage reduction from 5Witch as well as black/silver burndown damage reduction from Ice and Sinister. It was late in my play session so I didn't have the health to start it fresh. So I adjusted things, and went with Apocalypse/Iceman/5Witch, and this team is very good actually. I put 5Witch (5/3/5)'s purple on blue to keep Iceman fed and then just went to town. This team has the added gimmick of Apocalypse being stun immune, so it is appropriate for Polaris based nonsense assuming you can get ahead of any rampant tile stuff from Kitty.
  • Kross
    Kross Posts: 80 Match Maker
    Wanda (2/5/5), Colossus (champed), and Knull (champed) have been pretty fun to use against Hulkoye Teams in the SIm.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    "This team has the added gimmick of Apocalypse being stun immune, so it is appropriate for Polaris based nonsense assuming you can get ahead of any rampant tile stuff from Kitty"

Be careful using Wanda into kitty. If she fires her red, the damage each turn from your repeater triggers it. So she will almost always start boosting her special tiles and making more attack tiles each turn.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Right, that’s where you have to manage how you’re stunning with Iceman and make sure you are scooping up the red when you can do Apocalypse can pound them flat in reverse order. It’s not foolproof but it is a solid team I think.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    For your next PvP experience, try BRB/Karolina Dean (aka BRBean). It works great if the required character is a special tile manipulator (i.e. Polaris, W4sp, Bulls3ye etc). I think it works especially well if the third is Apocalypse. 
    I'm pretty sure someone has thought of this combo before. It's just too obvious. This is my first time using it though.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    Colossus/Chavez/Hood... a 5 a 4 and a 3.   I can beat every five star PvP team consistently except Hulkoye of course due to the squishiness of having a 4 and a 3 on my team.  I think it is is a good climbing team myself.  Hood really slows down the opposing team and adds for Chavez AP advantage quickly on offense.  It is almost all a match damage team and those Colossus crits add up quickly. You do get some special tile control with Colossus blue and Hood yellow (match is usually over though before you collect 15 yellow).   It is also sneaky good on defense it seems as Colossus really protects Hood from dying too quickly from  match damage. Hood then really slows down opposing AP gathering to activate powers.  So far the defense rate has been about 50/50 on a small sample size.  I am surprised I am not being attacked more but I am still early in the climb too.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    I’m using iHulk, Knull, and 5Witch for an incredible amount of passive non-match damage .
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Boosted Gambit (5/3/5)/Diet Coulson(3/5/5)/Boosted Negasonic(5/3/5) is a team I'm trying to make work on the Fi5k/Hood/Thug challenge node in sub 1 of Meet R&G. I wiped a bunch of times, but made it through 3 clears of it before switching things up. So...I guess try it? lol

• Tiger_Wong
    Adam Warlock 5/5/3
    Rogue 5/3/5
    5* Scarlett Witch 4/4/5

The Purple Color Eaters. 

I use this team vs teams that have characters whose strongest color is purple. Use Switch’s purple on purple to flood the board with more purple and Rogue’s green on purple for triple match damage and double AP on purple. AW’s matches of purple do crazy damage and his purple power is pretty cheap and you’ll fire it often. 

Notable characters whose strongest color is purple:

Onslaught
    Scarlett Witch
    Gambit
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 819 Critical Contributor
    In Mantis's PvP I had a lot of fun with boosted Matt, and either BRB or Polaris. Matt may not be a meta 5* but his kit is useful, and when he's boosted he can definitely hold his own.

When I ran him with Polaris there quite a few matches where I KO'd 100k+ HP opponents in a single turn after stunning them then lucking into a small cascade that included multiple friendly tiles.

I climbed almost all the way to 1,100 points before getting knocked back down again, quickly regained the lost points, then #d out with a mid-teens placement. With an hour to go I'm currently #19 so if I'm lucky I might finish in T25.

With Matt also boosted for PvE/Story, instead of using Okoye, half-Thor and Bobby for the CL10 Murder node I tried Matt, BRB and Polaris, and it worked a treat!
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not original but Colossus/Sighclops/Thor is really fun and especially in this Venom Bomb event where Colossus is boosted, its just pure murder. Only problem is Thor ends up tanking over Scott but Colossus kills everyone so quick it doesn't really matter.