Over 75% Success rate?

Options

Comments

• PoliPino
    PoliPino Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm getting just under 90% (605/74) using mostly lvl 50 Nissa, with lvl 50s Gideon and Chandra in the mix too.

My Nissa:
    Outland Colossus
    Dwynen, Gilt-Leaf Daen
    Skysnare Spider
    Sigil of Valor
    Conclave Naturalists
    Helm of the Gods
    Nissa's Pilgrimage
    Throwing Knife
    Alhammarret's Archive
    Animist's Awakening

Very happy with this loadout, not considering any changes right now, unless I get a better support than Throwing Knife

My Gideon:
    Enshrouding Mist
    Sigil of Valor
    Helm of the Gods
    Sigil of the Empty Throne
    Relic Seeker
    Blood Cursed Knight
    Knightly Valor
    Alhammarret's Archive
    Knight of the White Orchid
    Blessed Spirits

Also very happy with his current loadout. I've considered swapping Blessed Spirits for Sentinel of the Eternal Watch, but with a good deal Blessed Spirits can get pretty powerful pretty quick.

My Chandra:
    Exquisite Firecraft
    Iroas's Champion
    Scab-Clan Berserker
    Act of Treason
    Embermaw Hellion
    Volcanic Rambler
    Chandra's Fury
    Ravaging Blaze
    Call of the Full Moon
    Fiery Impulse

I use her the least of the three, and I still don't know about this loadout. I'm probably going to pull back on the spells and try something else with her.
  • RubiconX
    RubiconX Posts: 40
    Options
    I grind a lot:

82.6% - 873 wins / 184 loses

Relic Seeker
    Consul's Lieutenant
    Healing Hands
    Sword of the Animist
    War Oracle
    Sigil of Valor
    Vryn Wingmare
    Enshrouding Mist
    Knightly Valor
    Kytheon's Irregulars

Over 40 of my losses were crashes. I also quit if I think the game will take too long.
    The two cards I use the least are Healing Hands and Sword of the Animist, but sometimes they can be game savers!
  • zawarudo
    zawarudo Posts: 6
    Options
    Lv 50 Chandra
    Avaricious Dragon
    Embermaw Hellion
    Abbot of Keral Keep
    Volcanic Rambler
    Sword of the Animist
    Exquisite Firecraft
    Infectious Bloodlust
    Act of Treason
    Demolish
    Fiery Conclusion

86,6% win rate

Most of the losses were from disconnects or playing from too far behind.
  • nexus13
    nexus13 Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Lvl 50 Nissa 95.1% 269/14
    Nissa's Pilgrimage
    Zendikar's Roil
    Animist's Awakening
    Jorga Invocation
    Titanic Growth
    Outland Colossus
    Conclave Naturalists
    Somberwald Alpha
    Skysnare Spider
    Honored Hierarch

I don't have Herald of the Pantheon or I would put that in.
    I wouldn't play Zendikar's Roil without Animist's Awakening and Nissa's Pilgrimage.
    Honored Hierarch is a great early play and can really speed things up.
  • Rootbreaker
    Rootbreaker Posts: 396
    Options
    Yes, you can achieve a higher success rate by playing cards that deal with your opponent's board, but you can win more in a smaller amount of time by mostly ignoring them. Not playing aggressive or defender/vigilance/reach creatures. Just forcus on efficiency.

It's not trivial to remove your own brawler's plate from the field, and it can be a real liability if they keep playing small guys or worse, have a murder investigation.

I've found that about 5 different creatures is a good number to make sure you almost always have relevant things to spend mana on, but not so many that you always have a useless fourth creature, and have spots that can buff your creatures, remove your opponents supports or generate mana.
  • Fiddler
    Fiddler Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I have not noticed any Jace decks out there, and I really like mine for grinding. It has good bounce for board control, Mizzium for mana control, and some heavy hitters when you add in supports. At level 50 you push out cards pretty quick too.
    Currently at 94.8% over 1791 matches won and 99 lost.

Jace
    Talent of the Telepath (R)
    Sword of the Animist (R)
    Sphinx's Tutelage (U)
    Turn to Frog (R)
    Anchor to the Ether (U)
    Mizzium Meddler (R)
    Disciple of the Ring (M)
    Harbringer of Tides (R)
    Soulblade Djinn (R)
    Brawler's Plate (U)
  • Fiddler wrote:
    I have not noticed any Jace decks out there, and I really like mine for grinding. It has good bounce for board control, Mizzium for mana control, and some heavy hitters when you add in supports. At level 50 you push out cards pretty quick too.
    Currently at 94.8% over 1791 matches won and 99 lost.

Jace
    Talent of the Telepath (R)
    Sword of the Animist (R)
    Sphinx's Tutelage (U)
    Turn to Frog (R)
    Anchor to the Ether (U)
    Mizzium Meddler (R)
    Disciple of the Ring (M)
    Harbringer of Tides (R)
    Soulblade Djinn (R)
    Brawler's Plate (U)

I think I would switch sword of the animist for Jaces sanctum because it's just so great in slowing down the opponent and I'm not sure if sword of the animist is a good idea if you play with that many supports.

Also with the combination of brawlers plate and Jaces first ability you actually don't need anchor of the ether. I would switch it for a double land maybe. But all in all a good blue deck. I'm a bit jelly because of soulblade and disciple. I want them so badly.
  • I mostly play Gideon at level 50... I'm at 78.5%, 567W / 155L.

My deck consists of...
    Relic Seeker
    Consul's Lieutenant
    Knight of the White Orchid
    War Oracle
    Ramroller
    Suppression Bonds
    Throwing Knife
    Brawler's Plate
    Knightly Valor
    Caves of Koilos

I use to use Iroas's Champion but I found she was too expensive and would be taken out too easy in level 50 games. But idk... I still love her double strike when buffed.

The only palneswalker that gives me issues are Jace cause of the whole mana draining and mana swapping... that's why I'm working on my Jace icon_razz.gif
  • Fiddler
    Fiddler Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Nerimos wrote:
    I think I would switch sword of the animist for Jaces sanctum because it's just so great in slowing down the opponent and I'm not sure if sword of the animist is a good idea if you play with that many supports.

Also with the combination of brawlers plate and Jaces first ability you actually don't need anchor of the ether. I would switch it for a double land maybe. But all in all a good blue deck. I'm a bit jelly because of soulblade and disciple. I want them so badly.

The sword of the animist complements Disciples drain ability well. The damage boost is a bonus.

Anchor of the Ether duplicates the bounce from Harbringer, it is true. But I have found that having a cheap bounce saved up is pretty useful. Also, the extra draw it gives can sure help a bad run of cards. Hoping for a Day's Undoing at some point, not sure what I would swap out until I try some combos.
  • Here is my version of Chandra deck. I'd like to get my hands on Chandra's Ignition and the Dragon, but for now this is what I run. 84.6% Win rate.

Creatures : Iroas's Champion (First-Strike / Double attack on PWs)
    Embermaw Hellion (Combos with Iroas's Champion to kill */7's or 14 Damage on PWs)
    Blazing Hellhound (Board control /w Red Gem mechanic or trading creatures)

Spells : Lightning Javelin (Save in hand for creature control)
    Ravaging Blaze (Creature control)
    Fiery Impulse (Creature control. If you plan on using, try matching green or black gems to keep 3 red on map
    if you need the 3 damage)
    Demolish (Support control)

Supports : Mage-Ring Network
    Battlefield Forge
    Ghirapur Aether Grid

If I had to take out cards for the two I mentioned I wanted, I'd take out M-RN and BF supports for them. Since I've added them in replacing other creatures, I've had no problems with mana, though. Use PW Ability Scorching Strike to help with clearing creatures. If you run low on options when matching gems, use Flameshot to reset the board a little (or a lot depending on lvl).

This maybe obvious to players. But I just wanted to add my reasoning for each card for any suggestions you may have for me in-case I'm missing something. Constructive feedback is welcome.
  • http://oi63.tinypic.com/261gqic.jpg

I have not purchased anything with real money. That's all through unlocks and rewards purchased via the manacrystal.png I earned in story and daily reward logins mainly.

My go to color is White/Gideon. Lvl 45. Though I bounced back and forth between him and Nissa to get my W/L on quick match I mainly used Gideon. Now Jace I'm leveling up too because I enjoy how Blue plays. Most my wins come via White Powa (jk) though.

P.S.
    Having read this thread though I'm kinda disappointed and unimpressed with the way the game is going. I feel it's lame that so many focus on speed rather than victory. It's more about speed than playing tactically and winning? Really...?

I've played where I've been taken down to 1 health but held on and fought back taking like 70 of their health down to win 1 - 0. That's far more satisfying than winning easy and fast.

I've also been mis matched by the system once as lvl 15 Jace with 24 health vs lvl 40'ish Nissa with 70 health AND WON...

Those are the matches I remember...
  • ChrisTot
    ChrisTot Posts: 167
    Options
    Cipher_8 wrote:
    http://oi63.tinypic.com/261gqic.jpg

I have not purchased anything with real money. That's all through unlocks and rewards purchased via the manacrystal.png I earned in story and daily reward logins mainly.

My go to color is White/Gideon. Lvl 45. Though I bounced back and forth between him and Nissa to get my W/L on quick match I mainly used Gideon. Now Jace I'm leveling up too because I enjoy how Blue plays. Most my wins come via White Powa (jk) though.

P.S.
    Having read this thread though I'm kinda disappointed and unimpressed with the way the game is going. I feel it's lame that so many focus on speed rather than victory. It's more about speed than playing tactically and winning? Really...?

I've played where I've been taken down to 1 health but held on and fought back taking like 70 of their health down to win 1 - 0. That's far more satisfying than winning easy and fast.

I've also been mis matched by the system once as lvl 15 Jace with 24 health vs lvl 40'ish Nissa with 70 health AND WON...

Those are the matches I remember...

Agreed! Feels very much like volume matters more than win/loss record. Funny because in paper mtg..everyone always gets to play the same number of rounds.
  • EDUSAN
    EDUSAN Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    Options
    well...thats what normally happens

it happens in hearthstone in which you play with a deck with a fairly lower winrate but in which the matches take half the time to finish and so when you get to the end of the ladder you the amount of matches you played outrun the extra wins you could have with a better win ratio

If the way Ladder worked was changed to "everyone plays 50 matches, the one with a higher win ratio will finish 1st", then everyone would be fine tunning the deck and doing their best to get up to 100% win rate

I play nissa most of the time because i win fast and i have Liliana when i want to play a challenging game with a more thought deck (or to try crazy things)

the way it is now there is no escaping that win faster > win more
  • ChrisTot
    ChrisTot Posts: 167
    Options
    EDUSAN wrote:
    well...thats what normally happens

it happens in hearthstone in which you play with a deck with a fairly lower winrate but in which the matches take half the time to finish and so when you get to the end of the ladder you the amount of matches you played outrun the extra wins you could have with a better win ratio

If the way Ladder worked was changed to "everyone plays 50 matches, the one with a higher win ratio will finish 1st", then everyone would be fine tunning the deck and doing their best to get up to 100% win rate

I play nissa most of the time because i win fast and i have Liliana when i want to play a challenging game with a more thought deck (or to try crazy things)

the way it is now there is no escaping that win faster > win more

Probably explains why I never got past rank 5 in that game icon_razz.gif
  • McFluffles
    McFluffles Posts: 1
    Options
    Too lazy to figure the screenshot function on my phone and then upload to my PC. Currently I am sitting at 87.2% and average a 30-50 streak before my luck runs down.
    I run a Gideon, Battle-forged currently lvl 55 running

Smite the Monstrous (because taking down big baddies with a spell is a good thing)
    Meteorite (mostly filler for random extra mana, but useful for taking down some weak enemies before they grow)
    Shambling Vent (the buff and lifelink come in handy)
    Knightly Valor (cheap labor and vigilance....yes please)
    Kor Entanglers (cheapish labor with decent stats)
    Cliffside Lookout (cheapish labor with decent stats)
    Serene Steward (cheapish labor with decent stats)
    Vryn Wingmare (good att/def and screw with support based decks)
    Relic Seeker (good att/def and continual boosting if he doesn't get focused)
    Knight of the White Orchard (My current favorite pet, First strike and defender plus the boosts from Gideon make him a horrendous challenge. If you drop a fatty and I don't get my Smite I will save 2-3 of these up then drop all at once for a massive defender.....also nothing more satisfying than being knocked to under 10-20 HP then completely turning the game and winning when I save them up)

Obviously everything depends on luck with matches, but this deck has been fairly good to me.
  • Ap00calypse
    Ap00calypse Posts: 42
    Options
    http://i.imgur.com/TCk7AyP.png

Used to be 91.x% pre-update, then Chandra happened. It's exponentially longer to raise the % now. Not a whale, getting by with daily rewards and manacrystal.png

Gideon MkII is getting abused all over, before the nerfbat hits icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Ethyde
    Ethyde Posts: 31
    Options
    At this moment I run this Kiora level 50 deck : with 84.5% of winrate and 80-100 wins/streak.
  • EldrosKandar
    EldrosKandar Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm running your classic Chandra build with 81,4% winrate:

Blazing Hellhound
    Embermaw Hellion
    Mage-Ring Bully
    Prickleboar
    Resolute Blademaster
    Scab-Clan Berserker
    Volcanic Rambler

Demolish
    Ravaging Blaze
    Sure Strike

I'm looking at replacement for Prickleboar as the weakest creature and for Demolish, as it seems Support is not as rampant as it used to be.

As back-up, I play Nissa with a good winrate as well, although I think I'll try to find place for Fertile Thicket and Scour from Existence.

Conclave Naturalists
    Dwynen's Elite
    Honored Hierarch
    Rhox Maulers
    Somberwald Alpha
    Undercity Troll

Animist's Awakening
    Mantle of Webs

Nissa's Pilgrimage
    Sword of the Animist
  • JaceShearer
    JaceShearer Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options
    When I really need to go undefeated I can. I use Chandra. There are two secrets to playing her that make her unbeatable. Here's the list...

Iroas' Champion
    Abbott of Keral Keep
    Volcanic Rambler
    Demolish
    Lightning Javelin
    Turn Against
    Fiery Impulse
    Volcanic Upheaval
    Alchemists Vial
    Fiery Conclusion

The secret is to use turn against to steal their biggest creature, then sacrifice it with fiery conclusion to destroy another. Try and get Iroas Champion out first against most players. Whatever he wouldn't be able to kill with his first strike can be sides by chandras ability to damage creatures first. And lastly, turn off Volcanic Upheaval so it won't cast. Only use it if you need mana to cast another card in your hand. Or have it play after an alchemist vial to put mana into the newly drawn card. My rating would be much higher, but I like experimenting builds a lot.
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This is my current Chandra deck that runs well over 90% win rate

Creatures:
    Akoum Firebird (M)
    Zendikar Incarnate (M)
    Dragonmaster Outcast (M)
    Scab-Clan Berserker (R)
    Volcanic Rambler (U)

Spells:
    Exquisite Firecraft (R)
    Ravaging Blaze (R)
    Demolish (U)
    Turn Against (U)
    Fiery Conclusion (U) - two card combo for two AI creatures dead

Favorite opening hand is Rambler and Firebird. Often that means a turn 2 swing for 13 to the face.