Over 75% Success rate?

Comments

• Lieguld wrote:
    I'd like to see the deck set-ups of people who can screenshot and prove they have over 75% success rate. I've been playing for a while and cant' seem to break the 60% threshold EVER! lol.

Don't worry about hiding your deck. I write down the 10 cards that do manage to beat me and try them in my own decks.

I realize that luck of the gems comes into play A LOT, but there has to be some really good decks out there that seem to pay off many times over.

Lieguld

I was able to bump myself up as high as 75.4% win/loss recently, but a string of high end decks (especially so many Chandra/Koth decks post-update) mucked up my ratio, so I'm floating above 74% right now.

My best success has been with my blue and black decks. Green and white are luck of the draw. Red's lacking the most for strength, though (I don't yet have Embermaw or Scab-Clan or Volcanic or Abbot or any of the real kick-butt red's yet; I think it's the game saying I should not play red LOL).
  • FARTFACTORY
    FARTFACTORY Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Here is my win % and Nissa deck. QGDuuWS.pngNglOaD8.png
  • Morphling
    Morphling Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    http://imgur.com/b3rTRIo
    I'm a old school mtg player, and have won a GP. U just need to be creative with your decks and always try new stuff. here is a list of a control deck I'm working on. fyi, i have been playing for about 8 months and have not spent 1 penny on this app.
    Kiora, master of the depths Plainswalker
    Animist's Awakening
    Yavimaya Coast
    Fertile Thicket
    Talent of Telepath
    Nissa's Pilgrimage
    Prism Array
    The Great Aurora
    Crush of Tentacles
    Desolation Twin
    Gather the Pack

If u want a fast deck I would suggest something like this
    Nissa, Sage Animist plainswalker
    Desolation Twin
    Woodland Bellower
    Sylvan Scrying
    Fertile Thicket
    Nissa's Pilgrimage
    Cinder Glade
    Natural Connection
    Scour from Existence
    Animist's Awakening
    Joraga Invocation

The most important card is the Woodland Bellower, because you can chain cast them. Also with this deck I almost always Bounty for the card draw.
    GL hope this helps
  • UrbanNinja
    UrbanNinja Posts: 66
    Hello FARTFACTORY =)

How do you manage to win this fast with your deck?

Are you sure you don't have a Kiora or Ajani somewhere in the backstore?
  • Fiddler
    Fiddler Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Hope this link works. Never used imgur before.

https://imgur.com/a/aHwmK
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    First time I dropped under 80% was when the game started bugging and I was having to force quit one in every three games.

Nothing special, I was playing a pretty basic Roil deck with green for 65% of my games and a fast red deck with Exquisite Firecraft, Scab-Clan, Volcanic Rambler, Call of the Full Moon, and Act of Treason. Akoum Firebird and Prickleboar were recent additions. Hell, I'm still using evolving wilds from back in the day.

Matches are getting tougher now that more people have the new multi-colored (and also OP?) planeswalkers.

Since the animist's awakening nerf, I've stopped using my green deck as much. I used to end most quick matches with a 20/20 elemental token from the landfall chains. My best was a 44/44 token out of Zendikar's roil in a quick battle.

vdcvbm.png
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    I mostly play my Jace deck for fun now, which has cost me some win% (especially since it is slow and causes lots of unplayable boards)

Talent of the telepath 5 (R)
    Sigiled Starfish 8
    Sphinx's Tutelage 6
    Deepfathom Skulker 16 (R)
    Spawning Bed 16
    Jori En, Ruin Diver 10 (R)
    Dreadwaters 16 (M)
    Mindmelter 20
    Breaker of Armies 19
    Bring to Light 10 (M)

If you can keep your opponent slow at the start, you win. If your opponent gets a couple of quick creatures out, you risk losing.

Sphinx + Jori + Starfish means your hand is almost always full and your opponent's first card costs 6 mana more every turn. The goal is mana denial, so don't let your opponent get chains or high value matches.

I wish I had some stronger blue creatures, Mindmelter isn't really useful (may replace with Deathless Behemoth, Alhammarret, or Reflector Mage to bounce enemies back into the hand). You discard any card that costs 16 or more and use Bring to Light and Talent of the Telepath to cast high value cards.

Skulker, Dreadwaters, or Spawning Bed are dumped unless they are brought to light. When you have 6 cards in your hand, you no longer get the use out of Sphinx, so you just keep dumping cards and re-upping your Starfish and Jori.

I was using Willbreaker, but until the bug is fixed with the returning of the creature causing resummoning powers to activate, she was only a liability.
  • Heidixx
    Heidixx Posts: 2
    I started to play with Nissa, then switched to Gideon, now with new event I have tuned a bit Liliana's deck.
    The strategy is kill, destroy cards (including my creatures) then summon creatures by 3rd special ability of Liliana.
    The problem is creature with spell immunity, and fast deploying decks...
    My result 79.9% because of recent bugs with game freezing after no possible moves..., was 80.0% today in the morning icon_e_smile.gif

Screenshot_2016_07_14_09_38_42.png

Screenshot_2016_07_14_09_50_44.png
  • FARTFACTORY
    FARTFACTORY Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Heya UrbanNinja!
    Yea, I hardly use Nissa. I have been using Koth (eldrazi deck) and Kiora when trying to win tournaments. No one talks much about him, but I use a Sarkhan deck that sometimes wins in under two minutes. See you on the leaderboards!
  • Heidixx
    Heidixx Posts: 2
    With some nice amount of mana cristals You can get in Events, I invest in some Fat Packs...

Finally got
    Crush of Tentacles
    http://decktester.com/Cards/Details/CrushOfTentacles
    So I am no playing Jace in PvP Events - current win ration 80.3
    Noyan + some nice common spells to pimp up his stats and get rid of enemy creatures...
    Mind sculp usefull after Crush of Tentacles used...

Here is my deck:
    Screenshot_2016_07_27_09_40_01.png
  • Serakiel
    Serakiel Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    I'm a little over 76% with Ajani Vengeant
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am sitting @ 89.1% having just won my 1000th QB. Using mostly a Gideon, Battle Forged Renown deck, and my Koth deck.. (will post deck when i can later today).
  • Loga78
    Loga78 Posts: 2
    Done. A hint at my latest wicked deck.

Screenshot_20160803-233200_zps33jrbx4m.png

And you said something about a 75% win rate. This is a streak from another sick deck I have. I'm sure several on these forms have seen my user name in battle.

Screenshot_20160727-083813_zpsip1nvh7k.png
  • TWriRgx.jpg
    This is my current, but I think I've had better.
  • It shouldn't be that hard to be over 80% if you play a decent deck and are a competent player. I started out rough, and I play all 5 colors and I'm still at 84%. My red deck blows, too.

Tq7RiNRMdsxtyYZv2LA0oJifCZofGqUXCnc-F13ddwXLA_mJ2Fv77Ogk-R33eq6OcMq9nPDquJ8sdqlh85-XmsyhEkQHLFy1SYCmnZS_Moked9_D1o3EGsQsTlLLCkPnEcyy5BqPVZK_o6ZZut0dXV3LVfF8iMHu8ovjL-lj1hykaiYxrOx8WdVTXaSLDC6MPiwmRJ8CEzDB_EkGsJa4XN1hW0ev2nFWS2JVYsE_X3eTW07nyZIt4u8RBL4i747YqauR_UpxM_13SxOnCH_BhfdqVdCz_tWDi7g6aqnoIosS4NV3pIaL7SDMBypzfOA3j27UCyLVZrOucPKTCRjcZvNqcmryk_xGoFoSYxKZiQrMo-3UefXc91iHp2s0V-hpybIw_gvt8ULmxaIr04_lb6wgD-rEePL6f-azyEjnSsyEbFXnMx5O0qgv51wRhNoG8w13d5Pd7oSufGcqQtIHr_9Le5kNfLK42KoyaJyfhOdDDfcMqHs4DGn7Vxvqahrd78A2O4LAky_EpGqxHQ9ObZKg_b_bRS7LqVxtM0nvNKfbhywFvPjgMIfXDlOCTv4ojbKwWVJzRUEE5oEdzOESxvyK0Y7LGIka=w400-h711-no
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah you just get better at playing after a while too. You get better at matching gems, card synergy etc.
  • Loga78
    Loga78 Posts: 2
    It's all about deck makeup, but having good cards is key also, but being able to create a winning deck after 3 days worth of free boosters should be easy. You just need to focus your deck on specifics, and fuel them as needed, and as fast as possible. With a single backup plan in each deck.
  • Ethyde
    Ethyde Posts: 31
    I switch pw every 2 or 3 games in qb, otherwise it's too repetitive.

lTjCKLj.jpg
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    I'm currently at a 94.5% win rate, primarily using Ajani. And 2/3rds of my losses in the last couple months have come from freezes or crashes during battle.
  • I've almost always used Chandra, even since the beginning.
    Primary play style was initially, if there's no red to match, blow up the board.
    But near the end if BFZ/OGW it's a bit more fluid.
    Not much removal, but my creatures handle what Inner Struggle/Exquisite Firecraft cannot. (usually)
    With first strike buffs to protect.

Most if not all of my losses are from when I first started, and primarily from freezes/crashes/bugs...

Current Deck is: (Fairly typical, depends on current events)

•Tyrant of Valakut (Awesome on play ability, also good meatshield for flying opponents)
    •Volcanic Rambler (board blast, mana gain and or support removal)
    •Haunted Cloak (Replaced Infectious •Bloodlust)(Mostly for haste but lately it's been great to remove RC, haste is a drawback if an RCs up with a defensive buff)
    •Inner Struggle (Replaced Exquisite Firecraft) Simple versatile removal, especially now with inner struggle
    •Sword of the Animist(Nice 2/2 buff with board blast) (Usually a first choice to swap with support removal such as Demolish)
    •Iroas's Champion (Awesome damage dealer, not to mention the protection from double strike) (Avoid this til RC nerf is live)
    •Uncaged Fury (Replaced Sure Strike) First strike protection)
    •Scab-Clan Berserker (Haste + Berserker = Situational removal, works well when mirrorpooled)
    •Fevered Visions (Helps card draw, the damage does help, more resilient to board blasts than other card draw support, but Tamiyo's Journal can work well)
    •Mirrorpool (Great paired with anything besides Volcanic Rambler, Spells are cheap, so avoid playing this without a creature close by. Also super resilient to the destructive play style.

Variant cards I have and have used:
    Creatures:
    •Embermaw Hellion, use to use frequently, but as of late(RC meta) swapped out
    •Abbot of Keral Keep, another old favorite but prefer Volcanic Rambler in terms of mana cost / board destruction ratio
    •Akoum Hellkite, go to creature if I have space, love the landfall removal
    •Akoum Stonewaker, can be fun, but I usually have 3 permanent creatures up and landfall with this deck aren't consistent
    Spells:
    •Exquisite Firecraft, if you don't prefer Inner Struggle
    •Infectious Bloodlust, better than Haunted Cloak in terms of buffing, works well on Iroas's Champion
    •Magmatic Insight, If you prefer to control card draw, want to utilize madness or want to avoid your supports getting popped
    •Devils' Playground, this one's just plain fun, especially if giving vigilance it's a time bomb (In my Koth deck his ultimate makes these pesky devils insane)
    •Demolish, I usually always have this in my deck unless enemy supports aren't too ridiculous (Hixus is pure evil @6 mana...)
    •Kozilek's Return, can work well on ally or token decks
    •Sure Strike, easy and reliable first strike
    •Smash to Smithereens, only if you don't have Demolish (which I didn't even get til very recently....)
    Support:
    •Flameshadow Conjuring, great in theory, but I don't like how fragile it can be, better though now with reduced cost
    •Drownyard Temple, if you want mana gain it's a good choice, seeing as landfall revives it
    •Cinder Glade, for gem conversion
    •Smoldering Marsh, ^
    •Jayemdae Tome, other card draw, I personally don't like the unreliability
    •Shrine of Forsaken Gods, cheaper inferior version of Drownyard Temple, no revival and not too much colorless in the deck
    •Tamiyo's Journal, can work well but I prefer the consistency of Fevered Visions

P.S had a 108 streak (highest I've screenshot) until a Chandra used Turn Against and froze the match :/
    Currently at 94% win rate

http://imgur.com/oJ9bTSR
    http://imgur.com/SC1QQg3