Over 75% Success rate?

Options
I'd like to see the deck set-ups of people who can screenshot and prove they have over 75% success rate. I've been playing for a while and cant' seem to break the 60% threshold EVER! lol.

Don't worry about hiding your deck. I write down the 10 cards that do manage to beat me and try them in my own decks.

I realize that luck of the gems comes into play A LOT, but there has to be some really good decks out there that seem to pay off many times over.

Lieguld

Comments

• I think, it won't help you to just copy a deck. When I try a new deck, I need some time to get a feeling for it in order to make good decisions. Also when I try a new deck, the I have built it around a special idea/strategy. And in order to copy a deck you need all of that decks cards.

And we don't know at all what PWs you own, at what level and which one you prefer.

For a month I have had a constant win/lose ratio of around 90%. After 1.31 I'm more interested to play quickly instead of winning each match. Doesn't help you in qb if you have 99% ratio but need 20 minutes to win. I guess in a month I will be down to 80%.

If you want , I could try help you improve on one of your decks. Just choose your favourite pw and post the deck, that you think is the best you can do at the moment. I would then tell you which cards would improve that deck and how to play it in different situations. (Best would be if you would tell, why you chose your deck, what's your strategy, what problems are you running into a lot)

But the more you think yourself about your deck and it's strengths and weaknesses, the better you will be in playing it and improve on it when you get better cards.

Also a good help with this is pandas card tier list in the guide section of the forum.

By the way: can't help a lot with black decks....
  • I have close to a 99% win rate, it is currently 95% solely because of crashes. I'm sure there are people out there with even higher, but tbh if you want to play quickly it is actually sometimes better to simply quit a game because it takes too long. VS Jace comes to mind, with an average time to win of maybe double or triple any other pw.

Had 3 legitimate losses simply because of opening cascade from opponent and then unlucky card draw.

There was ONE game that I should've won but I played extremely poorly because I was getting tired and frustrated.

It is not hard to make a overwhelmingly good deck, but you have to take stock of what cards you have and determine a playstyle that is correct.

fML1WTz.jpg

...as you can see I don't actually play much.

Streak should instead say "Time since last crash" icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Wow, I never have the game crash on me and at this point, I hover around 50% win/loss ratio.

Have I played a ton? No, probably 80 total quick matches so far, but I always seem to get the **** end of the mana drop.

95% is extremely impressive and I think the one time I had a crask, I lost.

It's just frustrating knowing I keep trying to 'improve' the deck only to come up short in areas.

I bought a Fat Box, i think it's called, and pulled 4 Mythics and 8 rares. PERFECT!! I thought.

Then I look at their casting costs and I can't even get them in play before I am leveled.

I'll keep trying... Not giving up, but I think I may switch mm PW to Jace or Chandra soon. My Nissa is up to Level 36 now so I have invested a lot of runes towards her.

Lieguld
  • Nissa is probably the best pw at high levels, she scales perfectly and her abilities do not get more costly.
  • If your only goal is to get your win/lose ratio up, then I would say blue is the best pw. But he is pretty slow.
    Nissa is at 50 the quickest winner. But you do need a few cards to make her that quick and get an acceptable win/lose ratio.
    I think white is the one to go with, if you want kind of quick wins without a lot of situations that are risky.
  • Nerimos wrote:
    If your only goal is to get your win/lose ratio up, then I would say blue is the best pw. But he is pretty slow.
    Nissa is at 50 the quickest winner. But you do need a few cards to make her that quick and get an acceptable win/lose ratio.
    I think white is the one to go with, if you want kind of quick wins without a lot of situations that are risky.

Winning is definitely the nature of the game, so yes, a winning deck is what matters the most to me. It obviously pays out in runes and crystals and helps to keep from having to spend a ton of money so I would think that is the ultimate goal of everyone who plays.

That being said, I played magic for 10 years when 'Legends' came out and retired from it when I got married, had kids.. etc and this game was the only one to come out in the last 10 years (on both PC and App) that has actually intrigued me enough to put a decent amount of money into.

I really like this game and hope it develops over the next year or so into something that makes my investment as enjoyable as the original card game back in the day icon_e_smile.gif

lieguld
  • My offer still stands. If you post your green deck (or blue/red) I would try to help you making the best out of it.

I would advise you to take the few extra levels to 38 with Nissa. With the 3rd tier of her 1st ability it's really easy to get lots of mana, especially if you combine it with her support that changes 2 tiles to green and maybe even the green/black double land.
    With that mana resources you don't need to own rare creatures to win a few more fights.

If you like that take 2 extra levels to 40 and you will get even 4 ribbons per win.
  • I'm definitely going to Level her to 50.

I have been using different green decks, but currently I am using a defender deck which seems to have been giving me a little more win ratio recently:

Nissa's Pilgrimage
    Evolving Wilds
    Sword of the Animist
    Jayemdae Tome
    Leaf Gilder
    Elvish Visionary
    Ramroller
    Skysnare Spider
    Vastwood Gorger
    Hitchclaw Recluse

With the added mana draws and Nissa's 1st tier ability, I draw a lot of mana and get alot of extra cards. I just seem to pull too many non-creature cards sometimes and by the time I get a creature, the opposition has 3 on the board boosted. lol.

This deck seems to stave off a good creature deck by blocking and destroying though and if I get the smaller creatures out quickly, Nissa's 2nd tier ability helps to boost fast.

Lieguld
  • Drop evolving wilds and Jayemdae Tome, they're pretty pointless.

Put in more creatures. Also put in mantle of webs.
  • I'm not going to post a screenshot because that's ridiculous. I have an 89.9 win rate and placed first in my bracket this last QB event. I use primarily Nissa with this setup:

Nissa's Pilgrimage
    Elvish Visionary
    Titanic Growth
    Herald of the Pantheon
    Sigil of Valor or Brawler's Plate
    Rhox Maulers
    Somberwald Alpha
    Conclave Naturalists
    Dwynen, Gilt-Leaf Daen
    Joraga Invocation

I don't use Skysnare Spider, Zendikar Incarnate, Nissa's Revelation, or Outland Colossus because I don't have them. If I did, I probably wouldn't use Zendikar incarnate or Nissa's Revelation anyway. I sometimes use Animist's Awakening instead of a support or Titanic Growth. You may notice I use Conclave Naturalists, that's on purpose in case the AI gets off a support that's very troublesome I have a way to kill it. I don't use Sylvan messenger because I play Elvish Visionary and that card gets worse as the game goes on, so if I drew it off Messenger that would just be bad.

The name of the game with Nissa is to get three creatures on board as fast as possible and start using her second ability and casting Invocation. This is part of the reason why Herald is in the deck, a 4/4 for 7 mana is a lot of power extremely quick, easy to play on turn 1, and makes some opening hands very fast. It's too efficient not to play IMO.

For your deck, I'd agree take out Evolving Wilds and Jayemdae Tome. If you have something to replace Hitchclaw Recluse with I'd take it out too. It's more about attempting to kill the AI as fast as possible, reach creatures are just a bonus. If you're losing a lot of matches, try to think about your moves this way: instead of always trying to maximize your mana gain, try to make moves that limit the AIs options and ALSO maximize your mana gain. Try to make a locked up board state that limits the chances of cascades for them.
  • LeHHeL
    LeHHeL Posts: 6
    edited February 2016
    Options
    [*]Claustrofobia
    Alhammarret High Arbiter
    Soulblade Djinn
    Brawler's Plate
    Turn to frog
    Anchor to the Aether
    Alchemist’s Vial
    Disperse
    Clash of wills
    Hangerback Walker[/*]

This is my deck and I have 83.3%. https://goo.gl/photos/waw5tN4WbjUxAYed9

The strategy for win with this deck is to let opponent to get big creatures on the table and transform in frog or put back into hand until you can cast Hangerback and High Arbiter.
    The deck can be improved probably, I do not see reason to have Soulblade or Krasis, can help but can be also changed with more mana source or draw card. I prefer to play like this.
    Important to know when to transform to frog the opponent creatures, usually they cannot kill the frog (depend on class). A frog will always be small creature and is useless if you get Hangerback or High Arbiter on the board.
    Also Claustrofobia on big creatures are valuable and if opponent, specially Nissa controlled get creatures with high power, use Jace first ability and give -6. If you can also kill that big creatures with High Arbiter if that -6 creatures need to block.

Hope this help.

PS: Bounding Krasis changed to Brawler's Plate
  • Lieguld wrote:
    I'm definitely going to Level her to 50.

I have been using different green decks, but currently I am using a defender deck which seems to have been giving me a little more win ratio recently:

Nissa's Pilgrimage
    Evolving Wilds
    Sword of the Animist
    Jayemdae Tome
    Leaf Gilder
    Elvish Visionary
    Ramroller
    Skysnare Spider
    Vastwood Gorger
    Hitchclaw Recluse

With the added mana draws and Nissa's 1st tier ability, I draw a lot of mana and get alot of extra cards. I just seem to pull too many non-creature cards sometimes and by the time I get a creature, the opposition has 3 on the board boosted. lol.

This deck seems to stave off a good creature deck by blocking and destroying though and if I get the smaller creatures out quickly, Nissa's 2nd tier ability helps to boost fast.

Lieguld

Sorry I've had some busy days. I will give you the promised feedback tomorrow.
  • Okay, so I have tried some of the suggestions so far and it's just not faring any better so far.

I went from being 5 wins over 50% to being 4 wins under 50% by swapping out some of the cards.

I have decided mantle of webs isn't providing much help so I am making the effort to save up crystals in hopes of drawing more green creatures to use Mantle with.

I'm about to go on a 20 game binge throughout the day and see how my altered formation works out

Lieguld
  • LeHHeL
    Options
    Lieguld wrote:
    Okay, so I have tried some of the suggestions so far and it's just not faring any better so far.

I went from being 5 wins over 50% to being 4 wins under 50% by swapping out some of the cards.

I have decided mantle of webs isn't providing much help so I am making the effort to save up crystals in hopes of drawing more green creatures to use Mantle with.

I'm about to go on a 20 game binge throughout the day and see how my altered formation works out

Lieguld

It is the same on any MTG TOP decks. You can play the same decks on a tournament and have a bad results. Can be because you draw/suffle badly or because you cannot play the deck. Every top deck have a strategy agains each other archetype and is important to know that agains a red deck you can expect burn, aggro etc. Agains Jace you can expect control, so big creature at the end etc. You need to know all this to play it well the deck. Even for PRO players to play a deck at a high level need to play hundred or thousand of games before.
    you need to be patient and play and play and play to win in final.
  • LeHHeL wrote:
    Lieguld wrote:
    Okay, so I have tried some of the suggestions so far and it's just not faring any better so far.

Lieguld

It is the same on any MTG TOP decks. You can play the same decks on a tournament and have a bad results. Can be because you draw/suffle badly or because you cannot play the deck. Every top deck have a strategy agains each other archetype and is important to know that agains a red deck you can expect burn, aggro etc. Agains Jace you can expect control, so big creature at the end etc. You need to know all this to play it well the deck. Even for PRO players to play a deck at a high level need to play hundred or thousand of games before.
    you need to be patient and play and play and play to win in final.

Yeah but I can see how with his creatures mantle isn't very good. There is nothing beetter then a collossus with reach early in the match.

I tried to come up with some simple tweaks to you deck that would help you but
    I don't know what other cards you have.

But I know that you now have seen pandas card tier list and especially green is so straight forward that you can't do anything wrong by putting in as many s tier cards as possible.

I find joraga invocation is a good alternative to mantle. And Herald is just a must have for green in my opinion for quick supports a bit heal and even good damage. Also I dislike sword of the animist in green decks because you already have support kill and the sword will more likely damage your own ones or the freshly green colored tiles.

Edit:

I think you mentioned twice that you kind of have a mana problem. So I have a quick tip for you. Besides your main color, prioritize the color that you share with your opponent.
    Examples
    If you play against white prioritize to match green and white then red.
    If you play against black prioritize to match green and red then white.
    And of cause always look out fir possible cascades.
  • I'm running about 92% using a combination of all 5.

My favorite, though is Chandra:

Demolish
    Fiery impulse
    Lightning Javelin
    Ravaging blaze
    Exquisite Firecraft
    Volcanic Rambler
    Mage-Ring Bully
    Embermaw Hellion
    Iroas's Champion
    Avaricious Dragon

I play board control with my burn, land a fatty, and win. Could probably do with trading in the Hellion for something else.
  • First week playing the game.

Opened one lucky good card, the rest is **** budget stuff. Opponents play terrible cards and make terrible decisions... spell order, which swaps they do, spell targets, planeswalker ability usage, everything just **** sucks.... As i said i'm playing for a week and today i had a 22 game win streak with ease... I don't see how you can NOT get atleast 75% winrate once you have leveled pws and good cards (which i don't have)...

http://i.imgur.com/kZD1D1S.png
  • OhanaUnited
    OhanaUnited Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options
    Lieguld wrote:
    I'm definitely going to Level her to 50.

Nissa's Pilgrimage
    Evolving Wilds
    Sword of the Animist
    Jayemdae Tome
    Leaf Gilder
    Elvish Visionary
    Ramroller
    Skysnare Spider
    Vastwood Gorger
    Hitchclaw Recluse

Lieguld

Get rid of Hitchclaw Recluse. Skysnare Spider is a much better defender (6/6 vs. 1/3) and has reach while only costing 1 extra mana. I have been trying to get Skysnare Spider but no luck so far and I am stuck with using Hitchclaw Recluse as a defender until I obtain it.
  • zaann85
    zaann85 Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    92.4% win rate here. Lvl 50 Nissa.
    Outland Colossus
    Herald of the Pantheon
    Rhox Maulers
    Brawler's Plate
    Skysnare Spider
    Dwynen's Elite
    Nissa's Pilgrimage
    Yavimaya Coast
    Hangarback Walker
    Llanowar Wastes

Make mana and cast big dudes who smash into blockers.
  • I'm at 94.8%. I don't like to grind a lot, just 73 and 4. I use mainly a level 30 Gideon deck.

Archangel of Tithes
    Blessed Spirits
    Consul's Lieutenant
    War Oracle
    Sigil of Valor
    Grasp of the Heiromancer
    Sword of the Animist
    Knightly Valor
    Mighty Leap
    Helm Of The Gods

Last loss was vs Lili, mainly because I couldn't draw a creature card.