Beginner Mistakes

124»

Comments

• JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I remember skipping seed teams because that loaner looked too strong (not knowing I had the same loaner and not knowing they were actually seed teams).

I remember wishing there was a way to retreat or even pause the battle... never noticed the little PAUSE button up there.

I too was not aware of regenerating health packs so I stopped playing PVE when I ran out of characters.

Not knowing that touching a tile gives you information about the tile, and not knowing that match 4's gathered all the AP from the row it destroys. So this frustrated me when counting AI AP and trying to figure out where it came from.

Didn't realize that enemy teams in PVE had various cover quantities so one fight Venom would stun 1 character, and in another fight he'd stun your whole team... etc.

I remember never using Teamups because I thought they got used up just by having them in the fight like Boosts.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Going DDQ vault diving when my health packs are depleted, so when I pull five health packs they replenish ones I would have gotten for free anyway.

I ... still do this.
  • Inarius
    Inarius Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    mpqr7 wrote:
    Now that we're all experienced pros at mpq, it's time to look back and laugh at the silly beginner mistakes we used to make (and still sometimes make). I'll get the ball rolling:

* Finishing a tough battle with lots of expensive boosts, then immediately doing a very easy battle... still using the boosts that you no longer need
    * Going for a match-five, but accidentally matching the wrong set of tiles, missing out on your opportunity
    * Doing a match that sets your opponent up for a massive cascade. This is when that cascade is visible, and you could've avoided it if you had paid more attention to the board.

Now, your turn!!!
    yep, you pretty much summarized what I go through from time to time, especially the one where i go into battle against goons and forget to remove my power-ups XD

I wish i could say it won't happen again, but it will...oh it will, especially when one is down to the last hour of grinding and needs to move fast >_<'
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    One thing I still struggle with from time to time:

Not paying enough attention to those damn Muscle Threaten tiles that I know I will not be able to stop before the CD hits zero... and then it drops two big strike tiles that hit me for about 1k damage when the CD disappears and drops into a match 3 or better that I could have prevented...
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not realizing that a character that appears in multiple rarities don't (necessarily) have the same moves, i.e. being excited when I pulled my first Bagman because then I could stun and heal.
  • chitown021
    chitown021 Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    JackTenrec wrote:
    I use MNMagneto, CStorm, and OBW for all the 2* DDQ nodes (unless they're locked out). I will still occasionally fire Iron Hammer instead of Wind Storm. Which is literally never what you want to do.

Been playing for about 6 months now. I'm at the point where I've Championed all of my 2* characters and in the process of building several 3*

I STILL do this, as a matter of fact, I just lost a PVP match because of it. Had I not selected Iron Hammer the match would've been over. I didn't so the very next move Ragnorok unleashes three powers in one move and finishes me off!! Grrr! icon_mad.gif

My biggest "Noob" mistake was using coins to power up my 1* Iron Man during my first week of play. I had no idea how hard those were going to be to get and how valuable they are for expanding your roster!!!