Beginner Mistakes

Comments

• DC1972
    DC1972 Posts: 77 Match Maker

I also read some dire warnings early on about the etiquette of double tapping opponents in PVP, and thus skipped a bunch of seed teams thinking they were real players I'd already hit once.

That's a new one. LOL
  • huktonfonix
    huktonfonix Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
    DC1972 wrote:

I also read some dire warnings early on about the etiquette of double tapping opponents in PVP, and thus skipped a bunch of seed teams thinking they were real players I'd already hit once.

That's a new one. LOL

I didn't want BL4CKH4M's alliance mates ganging up on me!
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thread
    Thread

2 other similar threads from before
  • Stanley71
    Stanley71 Posts: 75 Match Maker
    I think it took me about 6 month to realize that not needed covers can be sold icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    DC1972 wrote:

That's a new one. LOL

I didn't want BL4CKH4M's alliance mates ganging up on me!

THAT'S RIGHT PAL.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    DC1972 wrote:

Not realizing that the goons CD tile flashes when the goon is selected and trying to figure out whose CD tile it was when there are two of the same goons.

WHAT.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    DC1972 wrote:

Not realizing that the goons CD tile flashes when the goon is selected and trying to figure out whose CD tile it was when there are two of the same goons.

WHAT.

That's a relatively recent update. in the last 6 months, I believe?
    It was well overdue.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    DC1972 wrote:

WHAT.

It was well overdue.

lol. That's ALWAYS been there.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Using my one cover 3* instead of the 3 cover loaner in pvp because I forget to swap them.

Related - then using my low health badly damage 1 cover guy in the next fight because I again forgot to swap him out
  • CHxHC
    CHxHC Posts: 6
    DC1972 wrote:

This changes everything....

Also agree about not moving alliances sooner.

When I started it also took me longer than it should have done to realise that the symbol on first tiles you match placed that character in front.

I also missed the bit about earning deadpool points and as he spent so long with only one cover I missed a lot of points I could have used for whales.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    I haven't seen my 2 biggest ones mentioned yet

1) Not understanding that the L-shaped match 5 was a critical/extra turn. There is no tutorial for this game that explains that match is the same as 5 in a row. So for months on end I was just treating that as a regular match 3 and not looking for it since the AI ignores it entirely. Once in a while I'd see a strange extra turn/critical but assumed it was just a 1% chance per match-3 kind of thing. Eventually I figured it out and it was the biggest D'oh moment of the game. Note: I know that the cross pattern is a valid match 5 too but that can't occur naturally (ie need tile placement/change/overwrite power). Also the game treats 2 identical (same color) match 3's next to each other as a match 5 which to me is a bug since the 2 rows/columns don't interact as part of their match (this can't occur naturally either).

2) Thinking that PVP meant playing against another human player when it's really the AI controlling another players team. I'd played the original PQ game (this game licensed the name from I2) and there PVP meant human vs human where you waited for matches and had timed turns (10-15 seconds per move). I wasn't sure I could manage that on my phone (vs PC players) nor did I want to wait for matches etc. So I played the entire prologue without ever doing anything else and kept hoping for months the game would release new solo player content. Eventually they did in the form of Deadpools Daily and I started playing that and finally tried PVP in the simulator when my roster was better. At that moment I discovered the AI controlled everything and I realized how much I'd been missing over the prior few months. LOL

KGB
  • Natsufan01
    Natsufan01 Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    First time I won the Big Enchilada it was using the required character of the day. Not because I forgot to switch them out, but because I thought it was required to do so. This was still early in my 3* transition and they only had 6 or so covers. I sometimes wonder how many I could have won if I realized I didn't need to do that.
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    DC1972 wrote:

WHAT.

It was well overdue.
    Veteran mistake: i never knew this until now. Thanks guys for alerting me to it

I'm in the same boat. 672 days and this is news to me. I'm sure going to watch for it from now on.
  • TLCstormz
    Again.....that has always been there. At least for as long as I've been playing over a year.....
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    I don't doubt that it was there but I never noticed it on my own. I'm grateful that it was pointed out here. icon_e_smile.gif
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Again.....that has always been there. At least for as long as I've been playing over a year.....

No, it was patched in sometime last year. People have been asking for it for ages.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:

No, it was patched in sometime last year. People have been asking for it for ages.
    It was fixed at some point, true, but I think it was more than a year ago.
  • Norrin Radd
    Norrin Radd Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Quebbster wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:

It was fixed at some point, true, but I think it was more than a year ago.

I looked it up. Patch R63, went live 10-20-14. So it has been over a year.
  • TLCstormz
    People on the internet. I tell ya. lol
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just remembered a few more.

* I didn't understand how tile patterns were related to the characters you used. I thought they just changed randomly on each level. And then I noticed that they seemed to coordinate a bit with the specific characters I chose for that level. Then I realized that the character was either the strongest with that tile or else placed in a specific order (ie middle, left, right, I think..). It took me many months to figure this all out.

* I didn't understand how yellowcrit.png tiles appeared. I thought it was just random, like they would drop down, and you'd make a go with it. So that would be cool.

* When I first saw someone break a whole line by doing a match-4, I assumed that was a special power for that specific character. I didn't know that all characters would break the whole line for a match-4.

* I didn't understand that pvps and pves had time limits, and prizes were based on how many points you scored in that event over those days. Life was probably better then, because I would only play the game a couple minutes per day (ha!) instead of the endless time drain that it's become in order to try to win one more thing.

* I remember looking forward to winning new 3* covers from daily rewards.... but then not having the imcoin.png to add them to my roster icon_redface.gif