Vaults in Story Events

Comments

• Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    So, if you like your event vault, you can use tokens right away.
    If you dislike event vault, you can wait after event ends and you will have just random draws as nonvault tokens (IF vault resets automatically after end this is an improvement, if not you will burn a token on original ugly vault)
    Is it like this?
    Overall, i like new system
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    Agreed with the majority here, they are right. This is a positive change to the everyday player.
    Those who have the discipline to wait are rewarded even further by utilizing the soft reset option post event.

The price is not particularly attractive, this is not the same as the matchmaking or naught or nice tokens where you also got 3k in HP back thus making it far more lucrative.

However cost wise it is about the same as a 40 pack, but you are now guaranteed three 4*. I am sure people bought 40 packs and received less than three 4* before. So this is taking some randomness out.

Just fail to see the negative here...if they made it like the naughty or nice vault then it would simply be a giant gift to the player base. I do recommend a free reset though.
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    rastafari7 wrote:
    I think it sucks.
    The normal tokens had a chance of getting any 4*, now we only get a chance at 3 4*.

Current draw rate on a heroic is 26 x 0.2% = 5.2%

Vault draw rate is (3 4* + 1 LT)/80 = 5%

It's roughly the same overall chance to draw a 4*, concentrated into 3 specific ones + an LT.
  • rastafari7
    rastafari7 Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Tryke wrote:
    rastafari7 wrote:
    I think it sucks.
    The normal tokens had a chance of getting any 4*, now we only get a chance at 3 4*.

It's roughly the same overall chance to draw a 4*, concentrated into 3 specific ones + an LT.

I don´t care about the odds, I want a chance to get any 4*, not only the 3 in the vault.
    If they added iso, hp and cp it would be a good change.
    This is just slowing down our roster progression.
  • Tryke wrote:
    rastafari7 wrote:
    I think it sucks.

And to go into more Vault odds (assuming you don't draw the 4*:

1st token: 5%
    2ed: 5.06%
    3rd: 5.12%
    4th: 5.19%
    5th: 5.26%
    6th: 5.33%
    and so on.

If you're playing enough to get placement tokens in the subs, you can get some betterish odds eventually.
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    rastafari7 wrote:
    Tryke wrote:
    rastafari7 wrote:
    I think it sucks.

I don´t care about the odds, I want a chance to get any 4*, not only the 3 in the vault.
    You still have the chance for any 4* - the raffle is just helf beforehand and you can see it and can affect it. This change is nothing but good.
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    The biggest positive I see in the change is that it addresses the #1 complaint made by players- the randomness of cover distribution and "gambling" nature of buying any tokens. The vault system definitely has a place in game, because it is currently the ONLY way in the game to buy for a specific cover with 100% certainty (granted, at the exorbitant price of ~20,000 HP) of getting it.

If you are a veteran player missing a few specific covers, buying a typical Hero pack and hoping for those covers is a total crapshoot, with very low odds. But if you just need that 1 IMHB red cover, and you've saved up enough CP to buy the other levels if you could just get that first one... now if one comes up in the vault you KNOW you can get it. Granted, you have the random roll beforehand- BEFORE you spend any HP- but I will take that any day.

I think that most of the complaints- and to be honest, part of me feels this way as well- come from the gambler in us all. I think that those of us who have stuck around playing this game like that feeling of anticipation and uncertainty when we open a token... after all, that token could be ANYTHING. Now, it's much less of an unknown. Similarly, with a 10-pack or a 40-pack... we could hit the jackpot; I've gotten 9 4*'s in a 40-pack before! Awesome! Part of me remembers that when I open another, and that part is very "meh" about this change. But, in the end, the rational side of my brain sees that this fills a very important gap in the game.
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    The most important question form my point of view:
    Can we hoard those vault tokens until next rerun of the event to make our chances bigger? Or maybe each rerun will be treated as separate vault?
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Given the wide range of quality in the 4* range, to minimise rng annoyance, how about making the 3x 4* follow a consistent formula e.g. one being the current essential, another coming from the newest 4*'s and the current top 5 characters and then one random one?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    rastafari7 wrote:
    I think it sucks.
    If you don't like the 4* in the vault, just don't open the tokens. Save them until after the end of the event, either to the next event or just open them whenever the inactive vault has 4* covers you like.
  • rastafari7
    rastafari7 Posts: 75 Match Maker
    rastafari7 wrote:
    Tryke wrote:
    rastafari7 wrote:
    I think it sucks.

You still have the chance for any 4* - the raffle is just helf beforehand and you can see it and can affect it. This change is nothing but good.

No you only have a chance at all 4* if you are willing to spend hp on resets.
    So this change is only good for D3´s wallet!

Quebbster wrote:
    rastafari7 wrote:
    I think it sucks.
    If you don't like the 4* in the vault, just don't open the tokens. Save them until after the end of the event, either to the next event or just open them whenever the inactive vault has 4* covers you like.

When it´s your birthday and you get a present you also wait 2 months untill opening it or better your mom/dad(D3) says you have to wait for 2 months(next same event)?
    Probs to the people who can hoard, I just can´t!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    rastafari7 wrote:
    When it´s your birthday and you get a present you also wait 2 months untill opening it or better your mom/dad(D3) says you have to wait for 2 months(next same event)?
    Probs to the people who can hoard, I just can´t!
    Try it, you might like it. If you don't want to wait until the next run you can just wait until the end of the event and have more or less random pulls again.
  • laughingMAN
    laughingMAN Posts: 65 Match Maker
    rastafari7 wrote:
    No you only have a chance at all 4* if you are willing to spend hp on resets.
    So this change is only good for D3´s wallet!

I think you still don't understand how post-event vaults work. If you just wait until after an event is over, you get free vault resets each time you look at it. The downside is that each time you pull from a post-event vault, it also resets the vault (so you don't get the compound stacking odds like you ordinarily would).

If anything, a post-event vault is BETTER for acquiring 4*s that you need because you can keep resetting the vault (at no cost) and only pull when you see it filled with 4*s you NEED.
  • I like the vaults, but they seem 2* heavy.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have pulled exactly 3 4* covers from all of the vaults I've ever had in this game including DDQ. One of those was 10K iso, the other 1000 HP, and my only 4* Character was XFDP (i was happy).

3 4* pulls from the very inception of the vault concept. I'm F2P so I consider myself the average player, playing most PVE's for LT progression, typically placing T100 - T250. T100 alliance reward most of the time.

My general overall vault experience is 2*. It has become my expectation. Most of my 4* covers have come from non-vault pulls, including LT's.

I see the vaults and immediately get negative feelings because of the horrible vault luck I have personally experienced as opposed to the better luck with normal token pulls. I expect nothing good to come to me from vaults. Hopefully the more vaults I pull from the better my luck will get... but since I don't buy token packs, I don't foresee it happening.
  • laughingMAN
    rkd80 wrote:
    Just fail to see the negative here...if they made it like the naughty or nice vault then it would simply be a giant gift to the player base. I do recommend a free reset though.

There is ONE negative about this new system: you can only purchase pulls from your active vault (i.e. while the event is still on). So if you get a **** vault, then it does impact your ability to BUY pulls using HP. Personally I think this is a non-issue though, as you would just save that HP until you run across a vault you DO like (or you know, for shields or roster slots).
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    rastafari7 wrote:

Think of it this way:

before you open the vault, those three 4*s could be any 4*s. So opening the vault for the first time is like opening a token. However, unlike with opening a token, you can now look at what's in the token and decide whether you want to take that thing and consume the token or wait.

If you think of the vault as being populated by having opened 80 tokens, those ARE the 4*s you would have received if you had opened those 80 tokens.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Do all the 3*s and 2*s remain the same in a vault (post-event) even after you look, go away, look back?
  • Do all the 3*s and 2*s remain the same in a vault (post-event) even after you look, go away, look back?
    Only the "Featured" ones. Like, Hulk is going to be a good number of Quicksilvers and M. Hawkeyes no matter what, but the other filler will change.

I do wonder with post-event Vaults, that lets say you were very determined to get a Jean Gray cover, specifically, and can reset the Vault infinitely by looking away and looking back.

Normally, her odds would be a fraction of a percent out of a normal Heroic token.

But if you keep resetting the vault until there's 2 Jeans on it before pulling, you can get a Jean Gray at 2/80 odds.

This seems like it might be kinda broken/abusable, not to mention not very fun to partake in.
  • laughingMAN
    While you can do that (with amazing patience) I'm not sure I would call it abusable. Remember, you can only use accumulated tokens on post-event vaults, not HP purchases. Even with a 7 day event, it's difficult to acquire enough tokens to up your odds of getting what you want to even like... 15%