Patch Notes - R94 (02/16/16)

12346»

Comments

• OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are you guys seriously debating about Jane Foster? It's been days since IM40 update details were posted and he gets her off the ground for 6AP. 6AP! It may not be viable for PvP but that just means yet another team for PvE that I don't have to waste health packs on before my PvP climb.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are you guys seriously debating about Jane Foster? It's been days since IM40 update details were posted and he gets her off the ground for 6AP. 6AP! It may not be viable for PvP but that just means yet another team for PvE that I don't have to waste health packs on before my PvP climb.

Perhaps the reasons why he underestimates 4hor and the reasons why he believes that 3*s should be nerfed are connected? icon_neutral.gif
  • Tredo
    Tredo Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    The update is live and I don't see any changes to IM40. Is that something that usually comes through later?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Have you actually patched your copy of the game? I'm seeing the new powerset post-update.
  • Tredo
    Tredo Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Have you actually patched your copy of the game? I'm seeing the new powerset post-update.

You're right. My update is hung up for some reason.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Steam just updated for me (and crashed my LR seed match to do it)

Weird the first IM LR match wasn't the update - went to 5 yellow then back to 5 blue, now back to 5 yellow!
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    So Infinite Interactive's logo is on the title screen now? For those who don't know, they are the developers of the original Puzzle Quest series. Are they taking a more active hand in this game, or is it just "credit where credit's due"?
  • BruJr2
    BruJr2 Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Actually, looks like IM's changes are live - reduced cost for Ballistic Salvo (16 vs 20), Maybe more damage for Unibeam (I don't remember it being 6248 at Lev 142), reduced cost for recharge (Lev 3 is only 7 rather than 10) - looks like the cost actually goes DOWN with higher builds now.

Additionally, it looks as if AP losses are restricted to Yellow, Purple, and Black (rather than everything). Looks like a pretty big bump, actually...
  • Yeah, Iron Man's live, as is "Sell him for HP and more Iso then usual" refund rates.

Did Quicksilver get those too? I didn't see any, but I also only have a 3 cover level 47 Quicksilver.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    colwag wrote:
    Yeah, Iron Man's live, as is "Sell him for HP and more Iso then usual" refund rates.

Did Quicksilver get those too? I didn't see any, but I also only have a 3 cover level 47 Quicksilver.
    Yeah I believe both characters got increased sell prices. Not that anyone should with their buffs.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    So you say Thorrina is slow? Well, IM40 just sped up that process significantly. 4 turns of setup (6 yellow plus extra two turns for the countdowns); in those 4 turns, you can gather Red and Blue to get Thorrina ready. After those 4 turns, Thorrina can use Power Surge twice consecutively, followed by two Smites consecutively. And all the while Scarlet is gathering Purpink thanks to her own countdown.

My Thorrina is currently 5/4/2; I'd gladly swap my 5* for those three remaining Blue covers
    If you plan to use her a lot you really only need two more yellow/blue covers before you can make her a champion.
  • colwag wrote:
    Yeah, Iron Man's live, as is "Sell him for HP and more Iso then usual" refund rates.

Yeah I believe both characters got increased sell prices. Not that anyone should with their buffs.

I didn't notice any with Quicksilver...is there a minimum level/cover amount you need before you can start getting HP out of it?

I was hoping to drop my 3 cover QS for some HP. He got a decent buff, but not enough for me to think I got to rush him to 166 like IM40 got.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    colwag wrote:
    colwag wrote:

I didn't notice any with Quicksilver...is there a minimum level/cover amount you need before you can start getting HP out of it?

I was hoping to drop my 3 cover QS for some HP. He got a decent buff, but not enough for me to think I got to rush him to 166 like IM40 got.
    yeah, my fully covered QS sold for around 850 HP, then I recruited him to start building him again, one of my least played characters.
  • Quebbster
    colwag wrote:
    colwag wrote:

Yes there is. When Marvel Now Magneto got retooled I think you needed him around level 25 to get any HP for selling him. You needed two covers of the same color before you could sell him for HP.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    No update on the new unknown character? Usually there has been some abilities revealing by now. Anything?
  • Quebbster
    D4Ni13 wrote:
    No update on the new unknown character? Usually there has been some abilities revealing by now. Anything?
    The silence could mean they are launching a new five-star next week and want it to be a surprise, a la Phoenix...
    Or maybe they haven't been able to agree on something good enough to preview.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, it's awfully quiet. I wonder who the new villain is