Patch Notes - R94 (02/16/16)

Options

Comments

• Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    _Ryu_ wrote:
    Are you kidding me, where is the "Fixed champion power nerf when buffed" spot, seriously? Didnt it get fixed with this update?

It a shame looking at my buffed to lvl240 and above 3* champions doing so less dmg then before!

That fix to buffed characters landed in R93 and it wasn't what we were expecting. Rather, they just fixed that a 166 was buffing up to 286 instead of 290. There is no fix announced for the problem you mention because they haven't even acknowledge it in all this time. Whenever I bring it up, I'm either ignored or given an unrelated answer.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pylgrim wrote:
    _Ryu_ wrote:
    Are you kidding me, where is the "Fixed champion power nerf when buffed" spot, seriously? Didnt it get fixed with this update?

It a shame looking at my buffed to lvl240 and above 3* champions doing so less dmg then before!

That fix to buffed characters landed in R93 and it wasn't what we were expecting. Rather, they just fixed that a 166 was buffing up to 286 instead of 290. There is no fix announced for the problem you mention because they haven't even acknowledge it in all this time. Whenever I bring it up, I'm either ignored or given an unrelated answer.

I don't think you and Ryu are talking about the same thing. The bug regarding champion buffs is due to be fixed in R94, or at least that has been told in the official topic (the one with merging R92 I think it was).
  • Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Based on how Jessica Jones turned out, I'm hoping the villain hinted is Purple Man.
  • Verno5x
    Options
    It's probably the Green Goblin. They've been doing a lot of Spider people lately and didn't he have a thing for Mary Jane or Gwen Stacy?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sins Past never happened lalalalalalalala I can't hear you
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Villains need love too…

Obviously, yet again it's an anagram.

An Evil Odin Stole Love.

It's the All-Father, a 6*, surely.

a d eee ii lll nn ooo s t vv

No, no, no... clearly this says "On to a levelled Vision" or "Atone! Level old Vision!" or "'Vision leet,' loled Nova." This tells me the next character is going to be Vision.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Villains need love too…
    gctnh04.jpg
  • _Ryu_
    _Ryu_ Posts: 149
    edited February 2016
    Options
    D4Ni13 wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:
    _Ryu_ wrote:

I don't think you and Ryu are talking about the same thing. The bug regarding champion buffs is due to be fixed in R94, or at least that has been told in the official topic (the one with merging R92 I think it was).

Right, i am talking about that championed 3*s do less dmg when boosted to upper lvls then before or even if not championed.

It was said that this will be fixed in R94, you all know what i mean!? But i dont see this mentioned in the notes.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=37871
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Sins Past never happened lalalalalalalala I can't hear you

Trigger warning: Norman Osborn's O-face

sinspast.jpg
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    _Ryu_ wrote:
    D4Ni13 wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:
    _Ryu_ wrote:

Right, i am talking about that championed 3*s do less dmg when boosted to upper lvls then before or even if not championed.

It was said that this will be fixed in R94, you all know what i mean!? But i dont see this mentioned in the notes.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=37871
    I don't recall them ever saying that the damage difference was the bug. Everything I read implied the bug was with the levels of the buff.

The damage nerf was in preparation for the championing feature and was a change in how damage was scaled for buffed characters which was intended to be less damage because when fully champed AND buffed they didn't want them to be overpowered.

Unfortunately they tweaked the damage scaling AND released the championing feature AND had the boosting level bug all hit at the same time. People wrongly assumed that damage nerf was not intentional and part of some bug. Even in the video they say that the damage scaling was tweaked... i.e. nerfed. Intentional. I'm not holding my breath for them to increase the damage scaling to anywhere near where it would have been prior to championing feature.
  • _Ryu_
    Options
    JVReal wrote:
    I don't recall them ever saying that the damage difference was the bug. Everything I read implied the bug was with the levels of the buff.

The damage nerf was in preparation for the championing feature and was a change in how damage was scaled for buffed characters which was intended to be less damage because when fully champed AND buffed they didn't want them to be overpowered.

Unfortunately they tweaked the damage scaling AND released the championing feature AND had the boosting level bug all hit at the same time. People wrongly assumed that damage nerf was not intentional and part of some bug. Even in the video they say that the damage scaling was tweaked... i.e. nerfed. Intentional. I'm not holding my breath for them to increase the damage scaling to anywhere near where it would have been prior to championing feature.

I am shocked because i belong to those people assuming that was a bug! Thought with every cover I spend my characters will get stronger, now I am only trying to give them there old strength back....
  • RoboDuck
    RoboDuck Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It is a bug. See:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37685

It used to be stickied in the Bugs forum, for some reason it was on page 4 even though they never fixed it. Think they hope everyone forgot & moved on. Was supposed to be fixed with this patch.
  • _Ryu_
    Options
    RoboDuck wrote:
    It is a bug. See:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37685

It used to be stickied in the Bugs forum, for some reason it was on page 4 even though they never fixed it. Think they hope everyone forgot & moved on. Was supposed to be fixed with this patch.

I am confused... can please someone lighten me up...

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37685#p467489
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Like others - I think Demiurge has simply drastically reduced the ability damage scaling for 2*/3* above lvl 94/166 post-R91.
    They won't admit it or their intentions around it, but it's happened, and I don't think it's gonna change anytime soon. Not even with R94 and the so-called bug fix.

In my (and others I know) particular case, this means that my weekly boosted 3* roster is much less impressive and can't really compete with the increasing number of very strong 4* rosters that I see right from the start in PVP. I am finding it increasingly difficult to compete for the awards I need to progress in the game.

Right now I'm pretty much reduced to collecting ISO to work on the roster I already have, but my ability to progress through anything but luck of the random token pull has ground to a halt in large part due to the ~ 25% reduction in ability damage to boosted 3* characters that prevent me from competing with 4* rosters.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    _Ryu_ wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    Lorelei, Enchantress..

Entchantress would be sweet, did recommend her in last survay.

Best way to build her in synopsis with Loki (or may they do a Lady Loki too and make them best buddies... or pals... umm... whats the best term for female friends?)

Friend-zoned.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    From reading between the lines 3* characters are now supposed to be weaker than they were before championing at L166 and to restore them to their former glory they now need an additional 60-100 covers investing in them. This is an intended change and part of the widespread rebalancing.

An admin can correct me if I am wrong as there still not has been an official confirmation that I have seen.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    Could also be a new devil...

Violate lone Devil son
    Loosen a violent devil
    So alone, violent devil
    Into a devil level soon
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Morbius the Living Vampire. Nothing embodies Valentines and Presidents' Day more so than a blood sucker.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Options
    I'm crossing my fingers for Shiklah

deadpool_and_shiklah_by_reillybrown-d7d0ja4.jpg
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Linkster79 wrote:
    From reading between the lines 3* characters are now supposed to be weaker than they were before championing at L166 and to restore them to their former glory they now need an additional 60-100 covers investing in them. This is an intended change and part of the widespread rebalancing.

An admin can correct me if I am wrong as there still not has been an official confirmation that I have seen.

I believe this to be the case as well. Except, to be precise, they are weaker above lvl 166 and they need an extra 60-100 covers PLUS event boosting to return to their preR91 boosted glory. It would be nice to get some acknowledgement from the reds, but the lack of anything tells me they did it and just want this discussion to go away.......