Patch Notes - R94 (02/16/16)

Options

Comments

• Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Linkster79 wrote:
    From reading between the lines 3* characters are now supposed to be weaker than they were before championing at L166 and to restore them to their former glory they now need an additional 60-100 covers investing in them. This is an intended change and part of the widespread rebalancing.

An admin can correct me if I am wrong as there still not has been an official confirmation that I have seen.

I believe this to be the case as well. Except, to be precise, they are weaker above lvl 166 and they need an extra 60-100 covers PLUS event boosting to return to their preR91 boosted glory. It would be nice to get some acknowledgement from the reds, but the lack of anything tells me they did it and just want this discussion to go away.......

That's the problem, there's no confirmation, no acknowledgement, nothing, zilch, nada. All we have is our own speculation. I am myself resigned as well to believe that they intently made my buffed 3*s 100 levels weaker, but I will keep insisting and asking until they have the kindness/courage/whatever to admit it to my face. If they are hoping that by remaining silent, people will just forget and move on, well, I'm sorry but at least I won't let that happen. My transition to 4* via PVP has now become even harder than it already was, so every time I have to fight a level 375 or so 4* with my 25% weaker 240 3*s, I'll be reminded of it. So, you know, several times per day.
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Linkster79 wrote:
    From reading between the lines 3* characters are now supposed to be weaker than they were before championing at L166 and to restore them to their former glory they now need an additional 60-100 covers investing in them. This is an intended change and part of the widespread rebalancing.

An admin can correct me if I am wrong as there still not has been an official confirmation that I have seen.

I believe this to be the case as well. Except, to be precise, they are weaker above lvl 166 and they need an extra 60-100 covers PLUS event boosting to return to their preR91 boosted glory. It would be nice to get some acknowledgement from the reds, but the lack of anything tells me they did it and just want this discussion to go away.......

I'm not sure this is true. He was recently changed, but QS blue is a 2532 AOE, but at 295 its 3461. Green is normally 2625, but again mine is 3591 (quite a deal for 5 ap!).

I think Linkster is right, their "former glory" is probably when they are maxed out champions, and a boosted/championed 3* will see some serious improvements from that. From what I have been noticing, right before 300 seems to be the point in which all characters get serious boosts to ability damage.

In my opinion it was never fair that many boosted maxed 3*s wiped the floor with many maxed 4*s to begin with, it made the 4* transition that much harder. Obtaining 3*s is a cake walk, so why are they able to compete with my 4*s that were difficult to obtain?

The champion feature seems to be adding a mid ground, where to compete with 4*s you have to have had your 3* championed for awhile.
  • Verno5x
    Options
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Linkster79 wrote:

That's the problem, there's no confirmation, no acknowledgement, nothing, zilch, nada. All we have is our own speculation. I am myself resigned as well to believe that they intently made my buffed 3*s 100 levels weaker, but I will keep insisting and asking until they have the kindness/courage/whatever to admit it to my face. If they are hoping that by remaining silent, people will just forget and move on, well, I'm sorry but at least I won't let that happen. My transition to 4* via PVP has now become even harder than it already was, so every time I have to fight a level 375 or so 4* with my 25% weaker 240 3*s, I'll be reminded of it. So, you know, several times per day.

Here's the flaw with this. They don't care about Pylgrim. They care about looking at the numbers as a whole and doing what they think is best to keep the player engagement up while also keeping the average amount of ISO/HP floating out there at the number that they've decided is good and also catering to people to make purchases. In the grand scheme of things Pylgrim is insignificant compared to the numbers that Demiurge are looking at while making changes to the game.
  • Pylgrim
    Options
    Dauthi wrote:
    Linkster79 wrote:

I'm not sure this is true. He was recently changed, but QS blue is a 2532 AOE, but at 295 its 3461. Green is normally 2625, but again mine is 3591 (quite a deal for 5 ap!).

I think Linkster is right, their "former glory" is probably when they are maxed out champions, and a boosted/championed 3* will see some serious improvements from that. From what I have been noticing, right before 300 seems to be the point in which all characters get serious boosts to ability damage.

In my opinion it was never fair that many boosted maxed 3*s wiped the floor with many maxed 4*s to begin with, it made the 4* transition that much harder. Obtaining 3*s is a cake walk, so why are they able to compete with my 4*s that were difficult to obtain?

The champion feature seems to be adding a mid ground, where to compete with 4*s you have to have had your 3* championed for awhile.

What? If you are a 4* transitioner, like I, you don't use your half-levelled 4*s, you use your maxed and championed 3*s, and the people you see above 700 points, guarding that precios 1k 4* cover all have maxed championed 4*s, when not 5*s. If you already completed your 4* transition and have several maxed 4*s, you can easily eat buffed 3* teams even back before their power was reduced. Absolutely no one benefitted from weakened powered-up 3*s, except the people with maxed 4* and 5* teams that will now get a few more defensive victories. But the points gained that way are such a paltry reward that it doesn't make it worth making the life much more difficult for the people behind.
    Verno5x wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Linkster79 wrote:

Here's the flaw with this. They don't care about Pylgrim. They care about looking at the numbers as a whole and doing what they think is best to keep the player engagement up while also keeping the average amount of ISO/HP floating out there at the number that they've decided is good and also catering to people to make purchases. In the grand scheme of things Pylgrim is insignificant compared to the numbers that Demiurge are looking at while making changes to the game.

If you think I am the only one disgruntled with these changes, you haven't been reading the forums, pal. In fact, Dauthi above is the first person I've ever seen referring to them as positive and I'm not sure he's really understanding them properly.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Villians Need Love Too

"Love" can be expressed as <3

"Too" is homophonic with "two", aka 2

Taking the first letters of "Villains Need", it can be expressed as

VN <32

V is the 22nd letter in the English alphabet, N is the 14th

Therefore 22 14 <32

In order to make the inequality true, we take 22 minus 14 to get 8.

8 < 32

Simplifying them: 1 < 4

This clearly corresponds to Dr Doom (one person) being numerically less than the Fantastic Four (4 people). Doom has always sought love from Sue Storm, and he also loves power and his intellect. In Secret Wars, he finally gets Sue as his lover. In addition, 1+4=5.

5* God Emperor Doom confirmed

if only the Devs were as smart as you are icon_e_wink.gif
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dauthi wrote:

That is the idea of boosted characters, so they can compete with the non boosted tier above them, plus its not as if boosted 3* teams would wipe the floor with non boosted maxed 4* teams, they would usually require serious health pack use afterwards. I can't think of any non boosted 3* only combinations that a player could use to climb above say 900 points in versus and not need healing after every second match.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Lidolas wrote:
    I'm crossing my fingers for Shiklah

deadpool_and_shiklah_by_reillybrown-d7d0ja4.jpg

If it's a love of Deadpool (and this is the month of Deadpool, and the month of love), why not one appearing in the new movie?
    4712620-copycat-101-how-morena-baccarin-s-character-impacts-the-deadpool-movie-327616.jpg
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Berserk Al wrote:
    Lidolas wrote:
    I'm crossing my fingers for Shiklah

deadpool_and_shiklah_by_reillybrown-d7d0ja4.jpg

If it's a love of Deadpool (and this is the month of Deadpool, and the month of love), why not one appearing in the new movie?
    4712620-copycat-101-how-morena-baccarin-s-character-impacts-the-deadpool-movie-327616.jpg

Except the fact that CopyCat is not a villain icon_e_smile.gif
  • Verno5x
    Options
    Pylgrim wrote:
    If you think I am the only one disgruntled with these changes, you haven't been reading the forums, pal. In fact, Dauthi above is the first person I've ever seen referring to them as positive and I'm not sure he's really understanding them properly.

Oh, you're not the only one disgruntled with these changes. However the forums make up a vocal minority. None of us on here are special. They may appease us every now and then with updates but the bulk of the people playing the game have no idea that there is even a forum to go to. While the changes may be unfortunate, constantly asking for an update in every thread that a Red posts in gets really old. You really should have taken the hint the first 10 times you were ignored.
  • Philly484
    Philly484 Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I don't consider Emma a Villain unless they are using her Hellfire Club Persona days, and since they are staying current with most up to date comics, as much as I want to see her here, I am leaning towards other villains, as anything she would be an anti-hero. It's probably Green Goblin since somewhere their are articles about someone hacking and seeing the next upcoming heroes are Green Goblin and Howard the Duck. How much I believe this is hard to say, Green Goblin I am sure they will eventually add, but Howard more leaning towards a no. It's probably another Spider-verse character or a Villain from Deadpools comics. Going to guess it's probably a female who has the power to manipulate other than Emma.
  • Philly484
    Philly484 Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Black Cat not a villain! She only in recent comics has turned against Spider-Man. I still consider her a hero, now she might be an anti-hero, but she def not a Villain Villain. I would want to lean towards her in regards that she was at one point in a love tri-angel with DareDevil and Spidey, and has had other relationships with other heroes like Wolverine, but still she is in multiple Hero affiliation groups.
  • Philly484 wrote:
    Black Cat not a villain! She only in recent comics has turned against Spider-Man. I still consider her a hero, now she might be an anti-hero, but she def not a Villain Villain. I would want to lean towards her in regards that she was at one point in a love tri-angel with DareDevil and Spidey, and has had other relationships with other heroes like Wolverine, but still she is in multiple Hero affiliation groups.

I don't disagree with that at all, really. She's way more of an anti-hero overall.

She's just the best match I can think of for both "Villian" "Spider-man character" and "Love interest" based off the clue.
  • Dauthi
    Options
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Dauthi wrote:

What? If you are a 4* transitioner, like I, you don't use your half-levelled 4*s, you use your maxed and championed 3*s, and the people you see above 700 points, guarding that precios 1k 4* cover all have maxed championed 4*s, when not 5*s. If you already completed your 4* transition and have several maxed 4*s, you can easily eat buffed 3* teams even back before their power was reduced. Absolutely no one benefitted from weakened powered-up 3*s, except the people with maxed 4* and 5* teams that will now get a few more defensive victories. But the points gained that way are such a paltry reward that it doesn't make it worth making the life much more difficult for the people behind.

I'm not sure what you mean by not use your half-leveled 4*s, if you could clarify that would be great. Do you mean you have 4*s just not maxed? When I think of a 4* transitioner, I think of someone who finally maxed a 4* and wants to use them in battle. Like I stated above, a lot of the 3*s boosted made a lot of 4*s useless, so you rarely would use your 4*. Seems a bit backwards after all that work.

I am a 4* transitioner, so I have around 5 maxed out and it seemed silly that I end up using a boosted 3* over them. It's not much of a 4* transition if your buffed 3*s are better than most of your 4*s that you spent so long to finish. Middle tier 4* characters like Antman are doing better vs top tier 3*s buffed like cyclops (etc) now thanks to the nerf. From what I am seeing the nerf helped those with finished 4* characters fight against those with none. If that isn't the 4* transition, I'm not sure what is.
    Pylgrim wrote:

No, I haven't seen anyone take the position "pro nerf", which means my opinion isn't popular or other 4* players just don't care. Take into mind there are a lot more 3* players than 4*, too.
    Linkster79 wrote:
    That is the idea of boosted characters, so they can compete with the non boosted tier above them, plus its not as if boosted 3* teams would wipe the floor with non boosted maxed 4* teams, they would usually require serious health pack use afterwards. I can't think of any non boosted 3* only combinations that a player could use to climb above say 900 points in versus and not need healing after every second match.

That is the idea of championing too though, and that is the problem. With both enhancing 3* rosters it makes 4*s less viable.

If you are talking the top tier maxed non-boosted 4*s, yes boosted 3*s won't wipe the floor with them, but what about mid-tier like Antman or Kingpin? Pre-nerfed boosted top 3*s would eat them alive.
  • Pylgrim
    Options
    Verno5x wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:

Oh, you're not the only one disgruntled with these changes. However the forums make up a vocal minority. None of us on here are special. They may appease us every now and then with updates but the bulk of the people playing the game have no idea that there is even a forum to go to. While the changes may be unfortunate, constantly asking for an update in every thread that a Red posts in gets really old. You really should have taken the hint the first 10 times you were ignored.

So that's it? I (and a load of people) get screwed and we are not even given the decency of a justification or at least a reticent acknowledgement, and we just should shut up and take it? Very sorry that it's getting old to you, who don't seem to be affected by it, but it was old for us by the second day we were neglected answers. Feel free to ignore me on the forum settings because I'm not stopping just not to inconvenience you.
    Dauthi wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Dauthi wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean by not use your half-leveled 4*s, if you could clarify that would be great. Do you mean you have 4*s just not maxed? When I think of a 4* transitioner, I think of someone who finally maxed a 4* and wants to use them in battle. Like I stated above, a lot of the 3*s boosted made a lot of 4*s useless, so you rarely would use your 4*. Seems a bit backwards after all that work.

I am a 4* transitioner, so I have around 5 maxed out and it seemed silly that I end up using a boosted 3* over them. It's not much of a 4* transition if your buffed 3*s are better than most of your 4*s that you spent so long to finish. Middle tier 4* characters like Antman are doing better vs top tier 3*s buffed like cyclops (etc) now thanks to the nerf. From what I am seeing the nerf helped those with finished 4* characters fight against those with none. If that isn't the 4* transition, I'm not sure what is.

The problem seems to lie in our definitions of "transitioner". For me, you are someone already finishing it, because once you get several maxed 4*s, you are already playing in the big leagues and getting the ones still missing is just a matter of doing the last bit of legwork. A 4* transitioner, for me (and I believe, for most people) is someone who's still battling to finish the first few 4*s. People for whom the 1k PVP progression reward is both precious and an uphill battle every time with 3* teams.

Nevertheless, I insist in my original point: if you have maxed 4*s, they will run circles around maxed, buffed 3*s even without the nerf. Or are you going to tell me that a 270 Jean Grey or Hulkbuster have much trouble beating a team of level 240 3*, even one of the top ones? (let alone when your guys are buffed to 350.) No, they are for you the same as maxed, buffed 2* teams are for me: an easy morsel that I'm thankful to be presented with instead of a team of the same strength as mine or above. 3* teams are no concern or obstacles for players in your position. 5* teams are. Now imagine how would you feel, if in your already desperate position against 5*s, your buffed 4*s -your best bet at defeating them- were nerfed. Wouldn't you think it unfair?
  • Setsukii
    Setsukii Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Lizard (Peter Parker)...

He needs love too
  • Dauthi
    Options
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Verno5x wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:

So that's it? I (and a load of people) get screwed and we are not even given the decency of a justification or at least a reticent acknowledgement, and we just should shut up and take it? Very sorry that it's getting old to you, who don't seem to be affected by it, but it was old for us by the second day we were neglected answers. Feel free to ignore me on the forum settings because I'm not stopping just not to inconvenience you.

The information they gave about the changes, and the changes themselves are two different topics. They definitely dropped the ball on telling us what was happening in any way.
    Dauthi wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Dauthi wrote:

The problem seems to lie in our definitions of "transitioner". For me, you are someone already finishing it, because once you get several maxed 4*s, you are already playing in the big leagues and getting the ones still missing is just a matter of doing the last bit of legwork. A 4* transitioner, for me (and I believe, for most people) is someone who's still battling to finish the first few 4*s. People for whom the 1k PVP progression reward is both precious and an uphill battle every time with 3* teams.

5/25 4*s is definitely not the big leagues in any way, especially when the 4*s continue to grow. The way I see it there is 3* rosters, who have their 3* covers completed and are focusing on championing them. Then there is those who have completed most of their 3* champions, and have 1 or more 4* championed, their roster is transitioning. Next you have 4* rosters, who have completed their 4* covers and are focusing on championing them all.
    Nevertheless, I insist in my original point: if you have maxed 4*s, they will run circles around maxed, buffed 3*s even without the nerf. Or are you going to tell me that a 270 Jean Grey or Hulkbuster have much trouble beating a team of level 240 3*, even one of the top ones? (let alone when your guys are buffed to 350.) No, they are for you the same as maxed, buffed 2* teams are for me: an easy morsel that I'm thankful to be presented with instead of a team of the same strength as mine or above. 3* teams are no concern or obstacles for players in your position. 5* teams are. Now imagine how would you feel, if in your already desperate position against 5*s, your buffed 4*s -your best bet at defeating them- were nerfed. Wouldn't you think it unfair?

Instead of picking the best 4*s, try comparing anyone not in the top 5. While it is still best to shoot for the top 5, it isn't practical because you have to get very lucky. So here you are, with your 4* Thoress completed, and what do you get? Nothing, because you will use most of your 3*s buffed instead. This holds true to a lot of the 4*s, however with the implementation of the nerf to 3*s, and the boost to 4* buffs, characters like her become useful, especially when buffed.

The gap between 5*s and 4*s was huge pre-buff, but now it is managable. Looking at it, it seems similar to the gap that was just created through the nerf between 3* and 4*.
  • Linkster79
    Options
    Dauthi wrote:
    Linkster79 wrote:

That is the idea of championing too though, and that is the problem. With both enhancing 3* rosters it makes 4*s less viable.

If you are talking the top tier maxed non-boosted 4*s, yes boosted 3*s won't wipe the floor with them, but what about mid-tier like Antman or Kingpin? Pre-nerfed boosted top 3*s would eat them alive.

If you want to compare directly then have mid range 4* and featured 3* go up against mid range 3* and again the lower tier will struggle and it is only because humans play better than the AI will on defence. If it were truly player vs player then the outcome would favour the 4* team 99% of the time. As for the whole championing thing well a team of 3* that should have scaled up a lot better than it actually has take a team of max champion 3* against max champion 4* and the results will still favour the 4* even on defence. You stated that you are afully fledged 4* player so what happens at the 3* level shouldn't really be bothering you, instead think of how it would feel if once you got past the seed teams you had a wall of maxed 5*'s to battle all the way to 1300 points because that is almost what it is like for us at the lowly 3* level. Yes me may get a few gimmes but we have to spend masses of ISO to find those. In the Valentines Matchmaking event 9 out of every 10 nodes have a maxed X-Force Deadpool, Hulkbuster and Jean Grey, my highest level 4* is a L170 X-Force Wolverine. I don't begrudge players those characters as they have worked hard for them in one way or another, what doest get my hackles up though is my characters that already struggle being given handicap without rhyme or reason.

I'm sure there should have been a paragraph break in there somewhere but hey ho!
  • Dauthi
    Options
    Linkster79 wrote:
    Dauthi wrote:
    Linkster79 wrote:

If you want to compare directly then have mid range 4* and featured 3* go up against mid range 3* and again the lower tier will struggle and it is only because humans play better than the AI will on defence. If it were truly player vs player then the outcome would favour the 4* team 99% of the time. As for the whole championing thing well a team of 3* that should have scaled up a lot better than it actually has take a team of max champion 3* against max champion 4* and the results will still favour the 4* even on defence. You stated that you are afully fledged 4* player so what happens at the 3* level shouldn't really be bothering you, instead think of how it would feel if once you got past the seed teams you had a wall of maxed 5*'s to battle all the way to 1300 points because that is almost what it is like for us at the lowly 3* level. Yes me may get a few gimmes but we have to spend masses of ISO to find those. In the Valentines Matchmaking event 9 out of every 10 nodes have a maxed X-Force Deadpool, Hulkbuster and Jean Grey, my highest level 4* is a L170 X-Force Wolverine. I don't begrudge players those characters as they have worked hard for them in one way or another, what doest get my hackles up though is my characters that already struggle being given handicap without rhyme or reason.

I'm sure there should have been a paragraph break in there somewhere but hey ho!

I'm a 4* transitioner, and my point was that my 4*s, besides Hulkbuster, were virtually never used. This is because after maxing out all my 3*s, there was almost always a better buffed 3* alternative. You may say compare mid tier to mid tier, but the problem is if there is a top tier 3* buffed (there are many good 3*s so this is pretty likely), I am likely to opt out for them rather than anyone below the top 5 of the 4*s.

I'll ask you both this question again: What is the point of maxing out your 4* when you won't use them because there is usually a 3* buffed that is better? I'm not sure if either of you are transitioning like I am, but where I am at you have to have characters on the level of Hulkbuster, Jean Grey, Iceman (etc) or there is no point to having any 4*s.
  • Linkster79
    Options
    I don't use over half of my 3* characters in competitive versus, your point is moot. In every tier there are go to characters, bench warmers and those ready to be traded to the lower leagues.
  • Dauthi
    Options
    Linkster79 wrote:
    I don't use over half of my 3* characters in competitive versus, your point is moot. In every tier there are go to characters, bench warmers and those ready to be traded to the lower leagues.

You say this, and yet this nerf did in fact help the "bench warmers".

So you think it is perfectly fine for me to have had four 4*s maxed and yet i'm in the same position of power as someone who has 0 4*s? This is the problem with the transition, 3*s are mad because they have no 4*s, then when they get them they realize they aren't any better off unless they got the good ones. Remember, 4*s take a lot longer than 3*s to obtain and level too.