Iron Man (Model 40) Updates Coming Soon

Options
12346»

Comments

• TxMoose wrote:
    pretty sure we have the unquestioned best TU in the game here. I know GR can be a lifesaver and the 1*s are useful and return quickly, but the goal is to avoid damage and this could make a match go awful quick if you can manage 2 TU matches to start.

IIRC, Recharge can not be sent as a Team-Up as is, because there is no Iron Man to stun afterwards.

All the benefits at none of the costs.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    Warbringa wrote:
    colwag wrote:
    Warbringa wrote:
    So how long before his yellow power is nerfed? My money is on R99 update.

Well, Iron Fist hasn't been nerfed yet, so I don't think it's coming anytime soon.

Like, worst case scenario I can imagine is "Iceman" becomes the new "Fistbuster" and nobody has THAT good of synergy with IM40.

Difference though is that IF only boosts one color of AP. Iron Man can in theory boost multiple colors for way more powers than IF. Now IF is a better character overall, but IM40's yellow may end up being a devastating battery for giving AP to multiple powers so fast. The only thing that could hold it back is the randomness of countdown tiles so that may make him not as good as it initially appears.

Yes, but IF gets destroyed by Jean Grey. There's a reason JeanBuster took out FistBuster, and it isn't because it is faster.

IM40 can create 12 Red, 12 Blue, 9 Green, and 3 Purple AP for 6 yellowtile.png AP, all without incurring the wrath of Jean. Assuming the CD tiles resolve. And when they resolve they don't create a match 5. : )

But, there is also the possibility that they create further matches when they resolve, which can do a little damage and generate further AP.

So who benefits from an IM40 matchup?

Surfer can heal and use 1.7 red beams. Ice can stun, punch, and do 0.75 of a whiteout. Carnage can do 1.7 AoEs and 0.81 board shakes. 4Clops can fire his Red 1.2 times and his blue 1.5 times (to get enough red to almost fire it again). 4hor can do 1.2 Smites and 1.3 Surge's. CMags can blow up all the tiles 1.5 times and projectile 1.2 times. Patch can Rage once and 0.86 a BTI. She-Hulk can steal special tiles, drain AP, and smash the board (which I shall dub She40). Ragnarok can drop the hammer, chain 2 reds (to create 8 blues), heal and create charged greens. LCap can throw more shields. Torch can do a double fireball (assuming 2 red AP recovered) and add a big punch to his CD burn.

Devil Dino can dance & bite & chomp.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    Is anyone other than she-hulk and Ragnarok R/B/G?
  • Killinstinct
    Killinstinct Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Options
    Nope, there are only 2 red green blue
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    The more you all talk about how OP or even "amazing" this change is, the more likely they are to nerf it. lol

Honestly, the only way this DOES NOT get nerfed is if someone at Marvel FINALLY discovered how terrible IM40 was and put out a mandate that all Iron Man characters in all media need to be stellar. I mean, he is literally the poster child of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

( and here's hoping that they give some of the license back to Capcom, so they can fix that horrendous version of Iron Man in Marvel VS. Capcom 3 / UMVC3 )
  • TLCstormz wrote:
    ( and here's hoping that they give some of the license back to Capcom, so they can fix that horrendous version of Iron Man in Marvel VS. Capcom 3 / UMVC3 )

Alas, why would they do that when Contest of Champions is getting like, ten times the sales UMVC3 ever could?

And eh, they promised no nerfs until all these buffs are done, and I'll believe em for now.

What stands out to me about this is that I can't really think of much AP generation in the 4* tier. There's Hulkbuster's Overdrive, but he's also got the best red ability in the game. And Cyclops has his things too, but it's still mostly self-fueling stuff.

The only pure 4* AP Gen Support character I can think of is Professor X, and that relies on Match 5s and stuff.

Lets see the new 4* that's a step up from THIS power.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    RHulk generates green. Iceman generates blue.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    scottee wrote:
    RHulk generates green. Iceman generates blue.
    Iceman doesn't generate blue, he converts tiles. Maybe you'll match some, maybe you won't.
  • TLCstormz wrote:
    The more you all talk about how OP or even "amazing" this change is, the more likely they are to nerf it. lol
    <snip>

Hysterical that this is even a concern, but yeah. Business as usual in these parts.

As for the changes, haven't seen anything that makes him any more appealing to me, but it's something, albeit how many years later...

DBC
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can a mod please update IM40s stats in his character thread? Thanks
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    Can a mod please update IM40s stats in his character thread? Thanks

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=415&p=842#p842

Done, also in thread char poll can be re-voted