Iron Man (Model 40) Updates Coming Soon

Options

Comments

• poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Seriously people are underestimaing how game winningly op that yellow is. Combine him with iceman and once the countdowns resolve you pretty much win. Iceman green to damage all, iceman stun one target, punch snowman to finish second target and im red to finish third. Now opponent just has one damaged and stunned char remaining GG. While most 3-stars become useless once you transition into 4-star land I can see myself using IM40 as a support similar to sw, hood or loki.
  • Monged4life
    Options
    Oh my lord, I didn't think about Hood to reduce the countdown tiles too! (may as well max black since you're not going to be using his yellow...). Just need a third character to actually use the AP generated. Won't be Iceman for me since RNGesus has decided all of the decent 4*s shouldn't be available for me.
  • TheHood
    TheHood Posts: 107
    Options
    His red skill is useable now, but that drawback still sucks. The blue one is still terrible, maybe one of the worst AOE ability in the game.
    Instead, his yellow could be really OP. I see a fantastic synergy with She-Hulk, Ragnarok, Daredevil, Magneto, Cap, 4Thor, Silver Surfer, Iceman; and also a good one with Vision, BiB Spider-Man, Ghost Rider, HT, Punisher, Carnage, Beast, Gamora, Octopus, R&G, The Thing and TA Hulk.
    I will try:
    IM40 + Cap + Hood
    IM40 + KK + Cap/Magneto/4Thor/SS/Iceman
    IM40 + Cyclops + IF/KK
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well red is now Ok, blue is still really bad, and yellow is VERY good. A pitty that now I am in 4-5 land I don't think I am going to use him that much.

Blue should do like 4k for that cost... I don't understand Level 3 of Blue. The power was already draining 3 yellow, purple and black with one cover doesnt it? Or it should reduce to 2 at level 3 and to 1 at level 5?

And I think IM is now 4hor best friend (Captain too, which is odd now that Civil War movie is coming icon_razz.gif)

PS: I knew having a 5/4/4 was a good choice, and that a buff was coming! Now I just need one yellow cover (I don't even need to max him to respec him, just one yellow cover icon_razz.gif)
  • I don't really get why some people are complaining to be honest, they don't have to use him if they have access to stronger options.
    Now I have good reason to 166 this character, he can hold a couple of blows and actually do something meaningful which is a lot better than he has been doing for the last couple of years.

Not all of us are flying through the 4* transition right now like they are/have, so having new options available no matter how big or small, is more options than I had a minute ago.

Good changes D3, took you tinykittying long enough but better late than never, right?

Now would you guys be darlings and update my baby Psylocke? And change blue to purple while you're at it?

Arigatou ne ^^
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ruinate wrote:
    Am I reading this correctly? For 6 yellow you can potentially gain 12 red, 12 blue, 9 green and 3 pink?

How do you go from such garbage to this?? I think he may have just become the greatest character ever.
    colwag wrote:
    I'm honestly half afraid to talk about how hype that yellow is out of fear it'll get nerfed.

Like, lets run a team of 3* icon_kamalakhan.pngicon_ironman.pngicon_captainamerica.png

Your first two moves, you get 6 yellow. Not unreasonable. Make sure there's no easy yellow matches. Clear them up if there are.

Am I missing something or did they already update his yellow ability? I see several folks talking about 6 yellowflag.png but reading the OP it clearly states 8 yellowflag.png ?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sm0keyJ0e wrote:
    Am I missing something or did they already update his yellow ability? I see several folks talking about 6 yellowflag.png but reading the OP it clearly states 8 yellowflag.png ?
    I think they assume you'll play the +2 red/yellow AP boost...
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    Sm0keyJ0e wrote:

No, look inside power description, at 4 covers the cost becomes 6AP. So 4AP with yellow boost, 2 AP with yellow boost and all colors boost !!! (one match!!! and wait the two turns to resolve of course)
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    Sm0keyJ0e wrote:

No, look inside power description, at 4 covers the cost becomes 6AP. So 4AP with yellow boost, 2 AP with yellow boost and all colors boost !!! (one match!!! and wait the two turns to resolve of course)

Haha, so in other words, you politely said "You're missing something". Man, that is an amazing support ability. He's gonna be another switch in 4* and. I can imagine seeing him paired with Iceman A LOT.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    For a third partner in the Iceman/IM40 team, I'm tempted to try Ragnarok who can turn all that red AP to even more blue...
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    For a third partner in the Iceman/IM40 team, I'm tempted to try Ragnarok who can turn all that red AP to even more blue...
    actually that's a perfect yellow to add to an icebuster team. I may level im40 after I finish my 4cyke, which will take a while.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    actually that's a perfect yellow to add to an icebuster team. I may level im40 after I finish my 4cyke, which will take a while.
    Unfortunately you can't run IM40 and Hulkbuster together as they are both, you know, Iron Man...
  • TxMoose wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

Alas, you can't use IM40 with Hulkbuster, as they're both Iron Man. icon_razz.gif

That being said, Champing IM40 leads to Hulkbuster covers eventually, so I may make the Champ jump with him rather soon...
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    Unfortunately you can't run IM40 and Hulkbuster together as they are both, you know, Iron Man...
    doh!! I've done that before, mentioning those 2. sheesh. need another coffee - my bad.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I sold the DDQ yellow for IM40 and am strongly considering just buying one with CP rather than waiting for token luck. Revamped Recharge is badass.
  • smoq84 wrote:
    colwag wrote:
    I'm honestly half afraid to talk about how hype that yellow is out of fear it'll get nerfed.

Like, lets run a team of 3* icon_kamalakhan.pngicon_ironman.pngicon_captainamerica.png

Your first two moves, you get 6 yellow. Not unreasonable. Make sure there's no easy yellow matches. Clear them up if there are.

Fire Recharge. (And get a heal for it), and keep those CDs safe for two turns.

All three go off.

You now have 12 redtile.png , 12 bluetile.png , 9 greentile.png , and 3 purpletile.png (6 Yellow into 36 AP!!!)

On turn 5, The Cap Train is rolling.

Shields are tossed, players with annoying passives are stunned, and you only need 1 AP in 3 turns to throw the shield again. And you also got two heals for it.

You're also only 1 Green match-3 away from Kamala tossing down some pretty big AOE damage on top of it.

You're tossing shields left and right now, and you got Kamala healing you for each one. This is a team that can start at half health and keep going no problem, so long as you can get Two. Yellow. Matches.

This loadout is just beastly.
    I can also think to use icon_hood.png instead of icon_kamalakhan.png - additional stealing APs, and black skill can spead up all countdowns.

Yeah, although using Hood, you're getting nothing out of the Green or Purple AP.

(And would be better off running him at 4 yellow 4 blue, Just In Case Cap goes down, if you ain't using that purple at all)

Make sure you got Hood at 3/5/5, too... don't want to accidentally only speed up one recharge countdown! Then you got to wait two more turns for the others to resolve...leaving IM stunned for 2 turns AGAIN after.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'd agree that talking build now that championing is possible isn't as interesting or useful as it once was. On the other hand, talking teams might be interesting:

3 redflag.png /5 blueflag.png /5 yellowflag.png Iron Man 40
    3 yellowflag.png /5 purpleflag.png /5 greenflag.png Kamala
    5 redflag.png /3 yellowflag.png /5 blackflag.png Cyclops

or possibly

5 redflag.png /3 blueflag.png /5 yellowflag.png Iron Man 40
    3 yellowflag.png /5 greenflag.png /5 blueflag.png Rocket and Groot
    3 blackflag.png /5 purpleflag.png /5 greenflag.png Blade

Once championed, he can switch back and forth at will.
  • The icon_ironman.png and icon_captainamerica.png synergy here is so good, that I know what valentine card I'm writing for the Valentine contest...
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    colwag wrote:
    The icon_ironman.png and icon_captainamerica.png synergy here is so good, that I know what valentine card I'm writing for the Valentine contest...

And with all those countdown tiles, throw in hood for black!
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    In three star world this ridiculous battery means we are going to see Steve Rogers being used a lot with IM40.

Those stupid shield returns and stuns are going to destroy teams if the yellow countdown tiles manage to go off.

With no one other than OBW offering countdown tile delays I really don't want to face IM40 in PVP as he has such a large health pool for a supportive character.

In fact thinking about it, the reason his yellow is so OP is because characters with strong support abilities don't have high health pools. You'd want to stop IM40 before other characters so he doesn't create tons of AP for the enemy team but that'll take a couple of powers at least. Even a boosted Cyclops wouldn't one shot him with 13ap and a bunch of Red out.