Iron Man (Model 40) Updates Coming Soon

Options

Comments

• Spiritclaw wrote:
    colwag wrote:
    The icon_ironman.png and icon_captainamerica.png synergy here is so good, that I know what valentine card I'm writing for the Valentine contest...

And with all those countdown tiles, throw in hood for black!

I still say Kamala is the better option, but I'd rather not have little Kamala be the meat in this middle aged muscular manwhich...

So they can elope under a big red sheet all night, as far as I care~
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    So... IM40 + Hood?

Some intimidation to get IM40's CD tiles to CD before they are matched and to more quickly get the rainbow AP (including yellow) powered up.

Now that he's a huge battery, is he going to be getting a max health change to reflect his newfound status as king of 3* batteries?
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    rkd80 wrote:
    He is still a 3*, why the fuss? With so many trashy 4* - shouldn't the focus go there? 3* is nothing more than a transition and there are plenty of other 3* that will help in that transition.

I don't understand the rework of 3* characters at all, there appear to be oodles of other glaring problems with far more reaching impact.

Like....chronic shortages of ISO. RNG at the most elite levels. Monotonous PVEs. So many things that are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more important than silly IM40. *shrug*

I would guess 80%+ of the playerbase have not made the 4* transition. That doesn't count future players. They just re-did 4* buffs, the 1300 pvp progressive reward, and more 4*and 5* characters will continue to come out. If anything, they have spent an unconventional amount of time on advanced players and rosters.

I love that they are fixing (well, attempting (*glares at qs*)) characters. If a character is in the game, they should be usable, especially the popular ones.

I continue to hope the new pve scaling is based on the characters players select for nodes, not their entire roster. Nothing is less fun than having a great diverse roster of characters, but you're forced to always play only your 3 best ones because your scaling dictates it.
  • TheOncomingStorm
    Options
    Azoth658 wrote:
    In three star world this ridiculous battery means we are going to see Steve Rogers being used a lot with IM40.

Those stupid shield returns and stuns are going to destroy teams if the yellow countdown tiles manage to go off.

With no one other than OBW offering countdown tile delays I really don't want to face IM40 in PVP as he has such a large health pool for a supportive character.

In fact thinking about it, the reason his yellow is so OP is because characters with strong support abilities don't have high health pools. You'd want to stop IM40 before other characters so he doesn't create tons of AP for the enemy team but that'll take a couple of powers at least. Even a boosted Cyclops wouldn't one shot him with 13ap and a bunch of Red out.

All things being equal, L Cap is the best character in the game, even with his horrible yellow.

Speaking of reworks, 6 yellow ap for 1 protect tile, works a lot better than 17 for 3. I'm just saying.
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Azoth658 wrote:
    In three star world this ridiculous battery means we are going to see Steve Rogers being used a lot with IM40.

Those stupid shield returns and stuns are going to destroy teams if the yellow countdown tiles manage to go off.

With no one other than OBW offering countdown tile delays I really don't want to face IM40 in PVP as he has such a large health pool for a supportive character.

In fact thinking about it, the reason his yellow is so OP is because characters with strong support abilities don't have high health pools. You'd want to stop IM40 before other characters so he doesn't create tons of AP for the enemy team but that'll take a couple of powers at least. Even a boosted Cyclops wouldn't one shot him with 13ap and a bunch of Red out.

All things being equal, L Cap is the best character in the game, even with his horrible yellow.

Speaking of reworks, 6 yellow ap for 1 protect tile, works a lot better than 17 for 3. I'm just saying.

Or 10AP for 2 of the same strength as his current 3... icon_razz.gif

Yes LCap is pretty awesome but paired with most red users he won't get that shield off in defense.

Although with IM40 reworked....

I'm looking forward to using this human battery a lot!
  • Azoth658 wrote:

Yeah, the "good" thing is that IM40 can be screwed up by the AI in a few different ways.

Using Recharge ASAP while there's yellow matches on the board can let you clear them out.

IM40 having his own Red and Blue abilities means that he may choose to fire them off instead of the good ones his teammate's have.

Especially with LCap, not doing Recharge to save up for LCap's yellow, or then doing it, only letting one tile resolve, getting stunned for 2 turns, firing his own AP-draining abilities....

On defense he still seems pretty beatable.

....then again.

His self-stun MAY mean that, if paired with Lcap, Cap's going to throw his shields while IM40's stunned.

I may have convinced myself he's pretty dangerous defensively, too.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Azoth658 wrote:
    Azoth658 wrote:

Yes LCap is pretty awesome but paired with most red users he won't get that shield off in defense.

Lazy Cap is arguably the best pound for pound character the game, but only on offense (and I suspect that even on an even health basis, he might be outclassed by the pure damage output + regen of OML). Lazy Cap has the most efficent powers and offers the best mix of board control, offense, and defense. But he is basically terrible on defense, and it's not because of the cost of his powers. It's because the AI can't place tiles for ****, so he gets none of the efficiency that makes him so great on offense. Even with new IM40 fueling him, I doubt he will have any impact on the PVP endgame meta (even just in 3* land). And he already dominates PVE, so there isn't much change. IM40 with 1 yellow cover was already an awesome battery for him.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Steve and Tony, together again for the first time! icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

Actually looking a little more closely at the new specs, I think I'll have him at 3/5/5, at least for the Big Enchilada, because I always liked to let loose with the team-wide destruction on the last wave.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    re-Spec Hood to 3/5/5 since you will be using IM40's yellow
  • Buret0
    Options
    ywdko.jpg
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 692 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Not counting the AP drain, red does 522/AP and blue does 622/AP, which are both solid as far as 3* damage goes. I'm worried that Recharge at level 5 might be too good. I'll have fun trying him out.
  • Buret0
    Options
    ywki8.jpg
  • Buret0
    Options
    I'm going to keep doing these until I get told to stop or I get bored. : )

ywkzu.jpg
  • Buret0
    Options
    ywlfv.jpg
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Another job well done, now I don't feel so foolish for having yellow at 3 covers. Now I feel foolish for having IM40 with no ISO invested in it. Still good job, now get cracking on the next re-balance :p
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 624 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Boy am I glad I just maxed-out ol' shellhead in anticipation of good things! icon_e_biggrin.gif Looking forward to taking him out for a spin, and look forward to more 3* changes like this one that could contribute to a healthy shakeup of the current meta.
  • Buret0
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Boy am I glad I just maxed-out ol' shellhead in anticipation of good things! icon_e_biggrin.gif Looking forward to taking him out for a spin, and look forward to more 3* changes like this one that could contribute to a healthy shakeup of the current meta.

I sold mine for champ ISO. : (
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You know what really would make that red ability good and the drawback interesting? If it added damage for each AP it drained from up to those 2 per colour. Scaling damage up on diverse factors is something that red usually does anyway.
  • TheOncomingStorm
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Azoth658 wrote:
    Azoth658 wrote:

The reason the cost for yellow should be low is because his red and blue take a while to get going. Moreover, taking cover behind his shield protecting while waiting for a strategic opening sounds like Captain America. Conversely, leaping to protection mode after the battle is over or close to it, does not fit Captain America's character.
  • Inarius
    Inarius Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    holy ****, hello immortal team of KK/Cap/40...