MPQ At Comic Book Resources: Spider-Gwen Revealed

Options
124»

Comments

• Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So, I haven't read any of the Spider-Gwen comics, and only just taking a look through the in-game event preview right now.

She's called Spider-Woman? Not the in-game MPQ character - Spider-Gwen (Gwen Stacy) for anyone wondering - but the in-comics character. I mean, it's not inaccurate; if Peter Parker can be Spider-Man then Gwen Stacy can be Spider-Woman. But surely it's kinda confusing with an established Spider-Woman character who's not actually a part of the "Parker" origin story? Probably more so now that MArvel mashed all their universes back together (or did they kill off Jessica Drew?).

Anyway, I guess there's not really many other names up for grabs. Spider-Girl? That's a little condescending, right? Peter/Miles get to be called Man, but Gwen has to be Girl? nah. Her outfit has a lot of white in it, so maybe she could be Ghost Spider? (A quick search indicates that another alternate Peter already took that name too, the jerk.) Web-Lady? Spider-Queen? Arachtrix?

Yeah, ok, Spider-Woman is pretty much the best name going.
  • MarvelDestiny
    MarvelDestiny Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    Options
    For the love of Lee! Please, no more spiders! The Marvel universe is vast with plenty of options for characters...
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Oh, crying out loud!! Doesn't D3 have the rights to any other characters than the Spider universe and Wolverine???? 4 of the last 5 characters have been Spiders!!!

Miles Morales - meh icon_neutral.gif
    Eddie Brock Venom - I am looking forward to building him up. Right now only have two greenflag.png - icon_e_smile.gif
    Black Suit Spider-Man - If they are going to make Spidey a 5*, it should have been Cosmic Spider-Man - icon_neutral.gif
    Spider-Gwen - Haven't read any of her comics - icon_neutral.gif

I understand the idea of using characters that appeal to the newer generation of readers (yes, I am old-school) but there are so many more characters to choose from!! I can only hope that they are working on Dr. Strange to be released in conjunction with the movie. Would love to see Colossus/Juggernaut as a new character, too.
  • Starshatter
    Starshatter Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Options
    Boooooooooooo

There are SO many more deserving and beloved characters...

Gambit, Nightcrawler, Rogue, Sabretooth, Red Skull....

Instead we get some nobody spin off reality character?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Boooooooooooo

You do know they are at Marvel's mercy on this right? id Marvel wants a character pushed, and the game developers want to keep their license, then we get chars like Spider-gwen.. just be happy it's not silk.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    There's a rumor that there is another moratorium on mutants/"X-people" currently going on.
  • Malcrof wrote:
    Boooooooooooo

You do know they are at Marvel's mercy on this right? id Marvel wants a character pushed, and the game developers want to keep their license, then we get chars like Spider-gwen.. just be happy it's not silk.

I would honestly say that right now, at this point in time, Spider-Gwen is more beloved then those characters are.

Only one I'd have any doubts about is Gambit.

(Not that I don't want those in there, I'd just push Gwen in front of them in an instant) Like, I'm honestly shocked it took THIS long for Gwen to get in, honestly.

Either way there's probably going to be another Mutant-spree later then another Avenger-spree or whatnot.
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    I look at her the way i look at the rest.. don't care who the character is, the skinning doesn't matter, as long as the moveset is one i can use, they can call it JoBob for all i care.
    That sounds like a great name to me, actually icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    I look at her the way i look at the rest.. don't care who the character is, the skinning doesn't matter, as long as the moveset is one i can use, they can call it JoBob for all i care.

This is exactly what I used to say when I played HeroClix, or MTG, or whatever.