MPQ At Comic Book Resources: Spider-Gwen Revealed

Options
David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited March 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Greetings, MPQ community and happy Monday!

You'll want to swing over to Comic Book Resources today for the reveal of the next Marvel Puzzle Quest hero - Spider-Gwen!

Creative Director for Marvel Games, Bill Rosemann provides debut details and many cool screenshots are on display. You can READ IT HERE.

EXCLUSIVE: SPIDER-GWEN SWINGS INTO "MARVEL PUZZLE QUEST"
Quote:
"CBR: What is it about Spider-Gwen that you felt would work for 'Marvel Puzzle Quest?'

Bill Rosemann: First, there's her design. I think it's one of the greatest modern superhero designs, and it struck such a chord with readers. There's something about her look -- the use of pink and turquoise, her hoodie -- there's something about her that's instantly appealing.

It's also her body language, which gives you a sense of her personality, her punk rock sensibility, and youthful attitude. There's also something intriguing about how she's a Spider-Man character who comes from a world where Gwen Stacy lived, but Peter Parker died. She also has a great power set that works really well in 'Marvel Puzzle Quest.'"

Comments

• Noobulator
    Noobulator Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Technically not another Spider-Man, but....
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Noobulator wrote:
    Technically not another Spider-Man, but....

I am still waiting for Man-Spider

zx016.jpg
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    punk rock sensibility
  • Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I just threw up on my lap.Another spider. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Spider-Gwen
    Spider-Gwen
    Knows whatever a spider ken
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just think, there are so many more spider-heroes they can introduce icon_e_confused.gif

d1yjy9hfexvbbtlhddf8.png

of course all would be forgiven if they give us the greatest spider character of all time...

1858402-spiderham.gif
    Spider-ham
  • _Ryu_
    _Ryu_ Posts: 149
    Options

Lets see, original Spiderman check, Miles Spidermanikin check, Spider Gwen check, classic Spiderman check, black spiderman check... There cant be much more ;-D
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am shocked, -SHOCKED- I tell you.
  • rastafari7
    rastafari7 Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Options
    Stop it with those spideys!
    Really getting sick of this, make a other game called spideys puzzle quest!
    I am 100% certain nobody said they wanted this character in last survey.
    At least give us his enemies Rhino, Lizard or one of the Goblins to name a few and stop it with these spidey clones.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    We have released superheroes who are male, female, black, Asian and Muslim. Can we release ones who are gay, Jewish, Hispanic or other types of minorities? I would love more diversity within the game.
  • SuperRecoome
    SuperRecoome Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    rastafari7 wrote:
    Stop it with those spideys!
    Really getting sick of this, make a other game called spideys puzzle quest!
    I am 100% certain nobody said they wanted this character in last survey.
    At least give us his enemies Rhino, Lizard or one of the Goblins to name a few and stop it with these spidey clones.

I'm 100% certain there are plenty of people who wanted her. Marvel introduces random new characters all the time but Spider-Gwen is probably the most popular one I've seen in at least 10 years. I'm not a huge fan personally but I can say that comic fans are going nuts over her. Her inclusion makes total sense and I bet anything there will people who start playing puzzle quest just because she's been added.
  • SuperRecoome
    SuperRecoome Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    mpqr7 wrote:
    We have released superheroes who are male, female, black, Asian and Muslim. Can we release ones who are gay, Jewish, Hispanic or other types of minorities? I would love more diversity within the game.

We have Miles already, He's Hispanic isn't he? We have Iceman, the version we have in the game is gay correct? I dunno if any of the characters are Jewish though to be honest.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2016
    Options
    or at least give them diffrent powers. i mean stun again

Or, players can purchase a blind pack of characters (think baseball cards or those toys they sell at the counters of comic book stores with the sealed opaque boxes) in hopes of securing the character for their roster.

never heard of a cover called that... How can we purchase a blind pack of characters? i though every token only gave 1 cover...
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    mpqr7 wrote:

We have Miles already, He's Hispanic isn't he? We have Iceman, the version we have in the game is gay correct? I dunno if any of the characters are Jewish though to be honest.

The Thing is/was Jewish.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    mpqr7 wrote:

I believe Magneto is Jewish, at least the original one. He grew up in Germany during the Holocaust. I believe the Thing is Jewish as well. The only other character I can think of that is Jewish in the Marvel universe is Kitty Pryde. I find it kind of funny how there are so few Jewish people in the Marvel world considering most characters come from NYC, and that none of the scientist/genius level characters are Jewish.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jewish Marvel heroes include Ben Grimm, Magneto (he was a prisoner at Auschwitz), his daughter Polaris (and Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch depending on whether their relation to him has been retconned away that month) Moon Knight, Kitty Pryde, Wiccan, Doc Samson, and, surprisingly to me, Iceman (he's non-practicing, but his mom's Jewish).
  • RoboDuck
    RoboDuck Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Great, another Spidey. I'll go ahead & skip that release event. Seriously there are hundreds of unused characters in the Marvel Universe, every other release shouldn't be a Wolverine or Spidey. Just stop it.
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    mpqr7 wrote:

We have Miles already, He's Hispanic isn't he?
    The new Nova is also Hispanic.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mpqr7 wrote:

Hmm, I read up on Iceman as gay. Interesting. Too bad he seems so creepy in the game! But at least he's actually a good character, tough to fight against.

Glad to see that some of the characters are actually Hispanic or Jewish. It would be great to have more Asian characters. Chulk isn't that great of a hero...