MPQ Sneak Peek: February 2016 Edition *Updated (02/18/16)

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    umm.. is the 4* release event really a Heroic? That would be the opposite of fun.

Remember how everyone complained that no one plays Heroics and it's a terrible way to test the new scaling changes?

Yeah now read your question again, remember what game this is, and wonder why you asked it.

ok, went back and read the scaling info..
    We're running these tests in events that do not reward new characters, but do have normal event rewards. This is so we can get players actively competing to give us real data to understand what's happening during the test.

/whew
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:

ok, went back and read the scaling info..
    We're running these tests in events that do not reward new characters, but do have normal event rewards. This is so we can get players actively competing to give us real data to understand what's happening during the test.

/whew

Welp, there's another joke that closely resembles this:exposive_acme_bomb_prop_0.jpg
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    halirin wrote:
    Galactus AND gauntlet?!? How's a guy supposed to find time to play other video games when you keep running the pve events I like?

Not to worry! They've introduced a handy scaling bug that will help you find plenty of time to play other video games! Or throw your phone against a wall!
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    hey David, any ETA on when we might be seeing the February video? thanks!
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    hey David, any ETA on when we might be seeing the February video? thanks!

Coming quite soon. Should have that ready for everyone in less than a week. Thanks!
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Mawtful wrote:
    Spider-Gwen. We're pretty close to getting the whole Spider-verse. At this rate, my wish for a Suipadaman/Leopardon character might actually come true!

I understand that heroes sell, but Spidey has the best rogue's gallery in Marvel and it's woefully unused. Where's Goblin (Green or Hob)? Sandman? Electro? Mysterio? Vulture? Kraven? Rhino? Shocker? Lizard? Paste-Pot Pete? Stilt-Man?

Green Gob is in Marvel Future Fight. Electro, Rhino are in Contest of Champs. Since Gwen is in both games already, it was only a matter of time before she shows up in MPQ too.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]UPCOMING WEEKLY BUFFS
      01/28/16 - 02/03/16 4* - Miles Morales, Carnage 3* - Ragnarok, Thor, Black Panther, Falcon, Kamala Khan 2* - Hawkeye, Wolverine 1* - Spider-Man, Black Widow 02/04/16 – 02/10/16 4* - Venom (EddieBrock), Iceman 3* - Punisher, Quicksilver, Rocket and Groot, Storm, Wolverine 2* - Thor, Black Widow 1* - Hawkeye, Juggernaut
    The Simulator preview lists Cyclops (Classic) as being boosted instead of Eddie Brock. I guess there was a change of plans?
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    *Hi-Fi (02//4/16) - Added "Balance of Power" to Versus Tournaments.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    Quebbster wrote:
    The Simulator preview lists Cyclops (Classic) as being boosted instead of Eddie Brock. I guess there was a change of plans?

Thanks for pointing that out. Checked the schedule and can confirm that it was changed. I'll update the post.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    *Hi-Fi (02//4/16) - Upcoming Weekly Buffs (02/04/16 – 02/10/16) - 4* Eddie Brock changed to Cyclops (Classic).
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]*Hi-Fi (02//4/16) - Added "Your choice - Balance of Power" to Versus Tournaments.

Is this a new version of BoP, possibly tiered? Or is it just an odd descrption of an old event.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]*Hi-Fi (02//4/16) - Added "Your choice - Balance of Power" to Versus Tournaments.

Is this a new version of BoP, possibly tiered? Or is it just an odd descrption of an old event.

Odd description I guess. Since there isn't a featured character per se. Maybe it would be more clear for players if we put "All characters" in place of "Your choice"?
  • avs962
    avs962 Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    "David wrote:

Odd description I guess. Since there isn't a featured character per se. Maybe it would be more clear for players if we put "All characters" in place of "Your choice"?

I would say you simply need to put "Balance of Power", and call it a day.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    avs962 wrote:
    I would say you simply need to put "Balance of Power", and call it a day.

That was the initial plan. I'll revert to that. Thanks.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    *Hi-Fi (02//4/16) - Nova Versus Tournament name, "Jet Set Go" added.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    "David wrote:
      01/28/16 - 02/03/16 4* - Miles Morales, Carnage 3* - Ragnarok, Thor, Black Panther, Falcon, Kamala Khan 2* - Hawkeye, Wolverine 1* - Spider-Man, Black Widow 02/04/16 – 02/10/16 4* - Venom (EddieBrock), Iceman 3* - Punisher, Quicksilver, Rocket and Groot, Storm, Wolverine 2* - Thor, Black Widow 1* - Hawkeye, Juggernaut

where do you see simulator preview... hopefully that is not the next event that gives out the new 4 star
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    where do you see simulator preview...
    Stockpiled expired tokens.
  • Quebbster
    slidecage wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    "David wrote:

where do you see simulator preview... hopefully that is not the next event that gives out the new 4 star
    I meant The Gauntlet. Sorry for the confusion.
  • Quebbster
    Kingpin, Doom and Daken as rewards in Venom Heroic... I suspect this means the next PvE after that is Deadpool vs MPQ since we just had Prodigal Sun and The Gauntlet is running now. Could be The Simulator, but that is usually a three-day event.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Venom rewards show all villains, strongly implying Simulator or Deadpool events next. Movie opening next weekend makes me think the latter.