MPQ Sneak Peek: February 2016 Edition *Updated (02/18/16)

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Marvel Puzzle Quest Sneak Peek: Upcoming In February, 2016
(*Important note: Anything listed below is subject to change before release. We will try to update any changes in a timely manner, but please keep in mind the info below is not guaranteed.)

CHARACTERS

The first character arriving this month has been revealed as Spider-Gwen: **** Spider-Gwen (Gwen Stacy) ****.
Stats for our newest 5-Star, Green Goblin can be found here: ***** Green Goblin (Norman Osborn) *****

UPCOMING VERSUS TOURNAMENTS
    Beast - Real McCoy Spider-Gwen – Main Stage Iron Man (Model 40) - Heavy Metal She-Hulk – Trial by Combat Colossus – Real Steel Rocket and Groot – Most Wanted

UPCOMING PVE EVENTS
    The Hulk Meet Rocket and Groot Oscorp: Heroic

UPCOMING DEADPOOL'S DAILIES
    Sentry Punisher Blade Wolverine (Patch) Human Torch Required: Carnage

UPCOMING WEEKLY BUFFS
    02/18/16 – 02/24/16 4* - Ant-Man, Star-Lord, X-23, Professor X 3* - Capt. America, Luke Cage, She-Hulk, Gamora, Iron Fist 2* - Human Torch, Moonstone 1* - Venom, Iron Man
    02/25/16 – 03/02/16 4* - Thor, Sam Wilson, Iron Man, Kingpin 3* - Magneto, Doctor Octopus, Black Widow, Captain Marvel, Spider-Man 2* - Ares, Bullseye 1* - Hawkeye, Juggernaut

*Hi-Fi (02//1/16) - Added link to new character precis peek.
*Hi-Fi (02//4/16) - Added "Balance of Power" to Versus Tournaments.
*Hi-Fi (02//4/16) - Upcoming Weekly Buffs (02/04/16 – 02/10/16) - 4* Eddie Brock changed to Cyclops (Classic).
*Hi-Fi (02//4/16) - Nova Versus Tournament name, "Jet Set Go" added.
*Hi-Fi (02//8/16) - Added Deadpool Vs. MPQ & Hearts of Darkness to Upcoming PVE. Added Valentine's PVP - ??? & Dr. Octopus - Eight Is Enough to Upcoming Versus.
*Hi-Fi (02//8/16) - Added Upcoming weekly Buffs for 02/11/16 – 02/17/16.
*Hi-Fi (02//8/16) - Updated Deadpool's Dailies.
*Hi-Fi (02//12/16) - Updated Deadpool's Dailies, Versus & PVE events and Weekly Buffs.
*Hi-Fi (02//18/16) - Updated Deadpool's Dailies, Versus & PVE events and Weekly Buffs.
*Hi-Fi (02//18/16) - Added link to new 5-Star character sneak peek precis.

Comments

• halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Galactus AND gauntlet?!? How's a guy supposed to find time to play other video games when you keep running the pve events I like?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    David
    I am most curious to know if the next new character will be a fourstar or fivestar character. If it is a fivestar, when approximately will it be added to the Legendary tokens?

By the way, excellent choice to run The Gauntlet during the end of the season!
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    halirin wrote:
    Galactus AND gauntlet?!? How's a guy supposed to find time to play other video games when you keep running the pve events I like?

The Gauntlet
    Venom: Heroic

will the gaunlet be a full time thing or is this a test to see how the Gauntlet will run along the side of another PVE running at the same time...

since gaunlet should run Feb 4 to 11
    Vemon runs 8 to 11th

right

at least i get the weekend off WOOO
  • Melevorn
    Melevorn Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    halirin wrote:
    Easy - these are two of the best events because they don't require grinding nodes over and over again to place highly.

Galactus progression (personal and alliance) is very achievable if you just play half an hour or so every eight hours. Gauntlet requires hitting every node once. These (and Ultron) are the lowest-intensity PvE events in MPQ. Plus, they're running sequentially and not concurrently! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Melevorn wrote:
    halirin wrote:
    Easy - these are two of the best events because they don't require grinding nodes over and over again to place highly.

Galactus progression (personal and alliance) is very achievable if you just play half an hour or so every eight hours. Gauntlet requires hitting every node once. These (and Ultron) are the lowest-intensity PvE events in MPQ. Plus, they're running sequentially and not concurrently! icon_e_biggrin.gif
    That's the problem, normally I skip most other pves.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Having Venom as one of the two weekly boosted (read: playable) 4* characters in the Venom Heroic seems... impractical, since he'll be unuseable in many of the nodes.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Pre-release ability precis:
      Stun - 6 AP - Stuns for 2 turns and creates [Charspecific] tiles.

Damage - 12 AP - Deals massive damage to the enemy and removes [Charspecific] tiles from the board. Costs 1 AP less for each [Charspecific] tile on the board.

Regen - 8 AP - Gives each teammate a burst of health and creates [Charspecific] tiles.
    • slidecage
      slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
      edited February 2016
      can we confirm that will be out on the FEB 11 event? the next 4 star

thanks at least we know its a 4 star
    • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
      Quebbster wrote:
      I am most curious to know if the next new character will be a fourstar or fivestar character.

Hi,

4-Star. Precis can be eyeballed here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=38950
    • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
      *Hi-Fi (02//1/16) - Added link to new character precis peek.
    • Yeah, that's going to be Spider-Gwen. I suppose it would make sense to wait at least another month for Quake to tie in with Agents of SHIELD, but I was hoping.
    • Pylgrim
      Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
      edited February 2016
      It seems we're missing the DDQ info between now and the next batch?
    • Mawtful
      Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
      Spider-Gwen. We're pretty close to getting the whole Spider-verse. At this rate, my wish for a Suipadaman/Leopardon character might actually come true!

I understand that heroes sell, but Spidey has the best rogue's gallery in Marvel and it's woefully unused. Where's Goblin (Green or Hob)? Sandman? Electro? Mysterio? Vulture? Kraven? Rhino? Shocker? Lizard? Paste-Pot Pete? Stilt-Man?
    • WOOHOO Gauntlet!!! By far one of the most fun PvE's you guys have done. Please make more of these, they're really easy to do! Just throw random teams together with a reward structure, no storyline required!
    • Malcrof
      Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
      WOOHOO Gauntlet!!! By far one of the most fun PvE's you guys have done. Please make more of these, they're really easy to do! Just throw random teams together with a reward structure, no storyline required!

Random? Some of the teams they put together are, they are obviously trolling us with.. ok, let's see you get through this one /muahaha
    • madsalad
      madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
      Malcrof wrote:
      WOOHOO Gauntlet!!! By far one of the most fun PvE's you guys have done. Please make more of these, they're really easy to do! Just throw random teams together with a reward structure, no storyline required!

Random? Some of the teams they put together are, they are obviously trolling us with.. ok, let's see you get through this one /muahaha

I agree but that's the greatness of Gauntlet. Figuring out the right team to beat the troll team and feeling absolutely satisfied when doing it. Also, no tinykitty grinding, no **** storyline, nothing. Just straight up puzzling and playing. it is by-far the best non-alliance driven PVE.

Devs, do more of Gauntlet!
    • wymtime
      wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
      Mawtful wrote:
      Spider-Gwen. We're pretty close to getting the whole Spider-verse. At this rate, my wish for a Suipadaman/Leopardon character might actually come true!

I understand that heroes sell, but Spidey has the best rogue's gallery in Marvel and it's woefully unused. Where's Goblin (Green or Hob)? Sandman? Electro? Mysterio? Vulture? Kraven? Rhino? Shocker? Lizard? Paste-Pot Pete? Stilt-Man?
      Don't give them too many ideas they will release them all at once!! How about they just start out with a couple really solid villians like Goblin, and Sandman. Sandman could have some punch and board manipulation. In 4* being yellow, green black. Or yellow, red, black. Or even yellow, green, red.
    • halirin wrote:

That's the whole point, isn't? You don't need other video games if you have MPQ in your pocket icon_e_biggrin.gif
    • Malcrof
      Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
      umm.. is the 4* release event really a Heroic? That would be the opposite of fun.
    • GrumpySmurf1002
      GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
      Malcrof wrote:
      umm.. is the 4* release event really a Heroic? That would be the opposite of fun.

Remember how everyone complained that no one plays Heroics and it's a terrible way to test the new scaling changes?

Yeah now read your question again, remember what game this is, and wonder why you asked it.