2. 91
    3. 88
    4. 74 (me)
    5. 69
    6. 68
    7. 63
    8. 59
    9. 49

I know all of us in the top 4 started when the update was first available. I'm at 44-3 (93.6% w/l ratio) which translates to an average of 1.68 Rewards per match.
  • EDUSAN
    EDUSAN Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    Options
    i wish there were changes to more black cards, since i believe its the color with more cards that are useless in the set.
    (im saying this from watching the post, maybe there are buffs to cards that were not said)
  • Yea! You nerfed the hell out of the white plainswalker to the point where the deck I had built went from an 85-90% win deck to a 20-30% win deck, yet you left blue plainswalker alone leaving him with an ability that only costs 3, and makes any creature unusable by permanently making in have 0 attack. -6/0 for only 3 cost is waaaaaay unbalanced. Yet, the +4/+4 that you nerfed to hell by making it cost 24, and taking away the lifelink is totally balanced.....not. Do use all a favor and just get rid of the stupid **** plainwalker abilities until you get everything straightened out.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    kore wrote:
    My Leaderboard update:

1. 211
    2. 91
    3. 88
    4. 74 (me)
    5. 69
    6. 68
    7. 63
    8. 59
    9. 49
    Yeah, it seems like both leaderboards I've seen are like this: one person tends to run away with it by like, miles. Not sure what's up, or if there are just a few extremely dedicated players.
  • Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    loroku wrote:
    kore wrote:
    My Leaderboard update:

1. 211
    2. 91
    3. 88
    4. 74 (me)
    5. 69
    6. 68
    7. 63
    8. 59
    9. 49
    Yeah, it seems like both leaderboards I've seen are like this: one person tends to run away with it by like, miles. Not sure what's up, or if there are just a few extremely dedicated players.
    There are surely many factors for it:
    - as we know ppl abusing low lvl pwalkers. Even with fixed 3 ribbon win there is still the advantage of having, on average, shorter fights caus of less hp of opponent you are matched with.
    - some ppl can try to rush it to discourage other ppl from trying( but after a couple hours will stop probably)
    - this game is played worldwide so ppl play at different times... You can wake up and a player got 200 wins, but maybe in a couple hours he will be sleeping while you play
    - as you pointed out dedication overall is a factor
  • Now that they display which player's deck the AI is controlling, I learned what the current "runaway leader" is using and it is not a cupcake PW. I leveled my Nissa to add a spell slot and +1 manared.png and found that the #1 isn't playing a 30-something Gideon with Angel of Tithes and Consul's Lieutenant. AI got a massive cascade first turn and threw AoT out and I may have cursed a bit. I was able to neutralize it by the time half my HP was gone and stabilize the field. Then CL gets thrown on a match-5 and gets Gideon's first ability thrown on it. The only thing that saved me was my draw of a third support that allowed me to cast Helm of the Gods on my buffed up Skysnare Spider, which I traded for the CL and one other creature; thanks to Somberwald Alpha for the extra +1/+1.
  • loroku
    Options
    kore wrote:
    Now that they display which player's deck the AI is controlling, I learned what the current "runaway leader" is using and it is not a cupcake PW.
    So, you're saying this player just has a ridiculously good deck? Well, all seems in order, then.
  • loroku wrote:
    kore wrote:
    Now that they display which player's deck the AI is controlling, I learned what the current "runaway leader" is using and it is not a cupcake PW.
    So, you're saying this player just has a ridiculously good deck? Well, all seems in order, then.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic, but yes. One of the main complaints that many of us had was the potential exploitation the old scoring method in QB.

Surprisingly, Gideon is the PW being used and is also the one regarded to have been the most nerfed by v1.3. My point is that it's a high level PW and not a cupcake in 1st place. Whether or not a card or PW needs nerfing is a separate conversation.

It seems this player just has a lot of time on their hands.
  • I don't think that you can tell which PW someone is using just because you fought him in quick battle.

I can imagine that people will run into all off my PW played by AI, even if I only use one of them myself.
  • Morphis
    Options
    Just for a comparison I could easily get 400 or more ribbons today but decided to just aim for the rare drop(only mythic I would really like in green is aurora but that's 1 in 6 chances and forces me to lvl up miss to get 2nd spell slot).
    Hoping to get herald or honored hierarch...
  • Gideon is good because he has very safe matches - as soon as one creature is out gideon simply stops taking damage.

This allows fast games and constant playing.

Other planeswalkers while also good and can certainly beat Gideon, tend to take a bit more damage and are simply slower to win with.
  • Morphis
    Options
    Yes I used to play with Gideon mostly but I like playing nissa more since animist introduction with the patch.
    But overall I agree Gideon is safer(unless you face jace that while is a pain with most pwalkers, he can destroy Gideon with bounces) and if u happen to lose life you can get in back with pumped lifegain creatures.
  • loroku
    Options
    kore wrote:
    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic, but yes. One of the main complaints that many of us had was the potential exploitation the old scoring method in QB.
    I was not being sarcastic, I was saying that's good - working as it should, as opposed to some **** exploit.
  • loroku
    Options
    Nerimos wrote:
    I don't think that you can tell which PW someone is using just because you fought him in quick battle.

I can imagine that people will run into all off my PW played by AI, even if I only use one of them myself.
    At least with MPQ it always records the very last setup you used, and that's what other people face. If you're switching a lot, it doesn't matter. Then again: this game may work differently.