Quicksilver Updates Coming Soon

Options
1235»

Comments

• irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    tanis3303 wrote:
    I guess I just really don't understand the point of this. There are dozens of topics that the player base has been complaining about for months, basic, seemingly simple quality of life things like: No 20 ISO until the 4/4 rewards are earned; A progression system NOT completely decided by blind luck; UI tweaks in the form of a +1 Level button, sell all 2*/3*/1* cover button; 4* PvP events (they exist, why are we not ever running them??) There's more, but you get my point. All this stuff that has players up in arms, but instead of working on that, they decide to spend time making relatively insignificant changes to a character that very few people ever use outside of times when they're forced to? Could this dev team be any more out of touch with their own game??

The development team making meaningless updates no one wanted rather than address real issues? Shocked I am, shocked!

I liked the crit tile. QS & Prof was fun to play; between moving tile and crit tiles I could use QS to trigger Prof X with match-5's frequently. Sad to see that get nerf'd.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think people are being way too hard. Perhaps we are too set in 4* land, or perhaps people were looking for Cyclops 2.0 for damage. These changes are amazing for QS.

QS's biggest problem was that he was not self sufficient. His original incarnation would have just been broken as it would have been infiniturn just like his dad. (if no one remembers, his black switch 4 tiles, and green created 2 crits, once you had enough locked tiles you could just match black forever)

Do I like the black dmg nerf? No. but all that dmg went to blue's AoE, and now that is a lot easier to have go off, in addition, it doesn't just blow up after another tile comes onto the board, but now requires a blue match. When you get down to it, QS is on par with 3* Thor in dmg.

Get 3 tiles, use green for 6, hit for 2.8K to one guy, have 5 black to make a blue switch and now 2.5K AoE for a lot less AP then Thor requires, actually he's more akin to Kamahla in terms to acceleration, instead of purple to green you are going green to black. So if you get his combo you just hit target for about 5.6K and the other guys for 2.5 K. Not even Thor or KK can do that.

He also got a lot easier for the AI to use him. As AI could have 3 tiles out, go green, then match blue to end turn and hit you for all the dmg, no this is an absolute amazing buff for him. Not in terms of power, but in terms of actually being usable and playable, he is.

Btw last PvE, before Prodigal Sun, I was using buffed 4* clops, 4* DP, and buffed QS. I can tell you that even if his black did not dmg, the ability to switch tiles and set up another move is amazing, I just wish it could switch any tile, that would actually be a fair trade.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Personally I think the change looks good. Yes, the abilities still look more or less the same, with the exception of the removal of crit tile generation, which I'm not that happy about, but the AP cost reductions are a HUGE change. Green now only costs 3 matches to activate even without locked tiles on board, or 2 if you have 3. Black costs 3 matches with a single locked tile on board. That increases his speed and damage output per AP used significantly.

Sure, it's not gonna turn him into a top tier character, and I'm not gonna pick him over other better 3-stars, but it's a step in the right direction for the game. If I have to use him in PvE or he's boosted in PvP, I can see myself enjoying him a bit more. Anyway, that's my first impression but will actually have to play with him to really judge the change.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I don't really care what tier this puts QS in, if these changes are more fun, I'm down.

I think there's a lot more interesting stuff to do with his new blackflag.png than his old greenflag.png , so I'm excited to try the new QS out!
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    I think people are being way too hard. Perhaps we are too set in 4* land, or perhaps people were looking for Cyclops 2.0 for damage. These changes are amazing for QS.

QS's biggest problem was that he was not self sufficient. His original incarnation would have just been broken as it would have been infiniturn just like his dad. (if no one remembers, his black switch 4 tiles, and green created 2 crits, once you had enough locked tiles you could just match black forever)

Do I like the black dmg nerf? No. but all that dmg went to blue's AoE, and now that is a lot easier to have go off, in addition, it doesn't just blow up after another tile comes onto the board, but now requires a blue match. When you get down to it, QS is on par with 3* Thor in dmg.

Get 3 tiles, use green for 6, hit for 2.8K to one guy, have 5 black to make a blue switch and now 2.5K AoE for a lot less AP then Thor requires, actually he's more akin to Kamahla in terms to acceleration, instead of purple to green you are going green to black. So if you get his combo you just hit target for about 5.6K and the other guys for 2.5 K. Not even Thor or KK can do that.

He also got a lot easier for the AI to use him. As AI could have 3 tiles out, go green, then match blue to end turn and hit you for all the dmg, no this is an absolute amazing buff for him. Not in terms of power, but in terms of actually being usable and playable, he is.

Btw last PvE, before Prodigal Sun, I was using buffed 4* clops, 4* DP, and buffed QS. I can tell you that even if his black did not dmg, the ability to switch tiles and set up another move is amazing, I just wish it could switch any tile, that would actually be a fair trade.

I agree. A genuine fix would be for black to switch any tile, as well as for green to permit players to select where the critical tile gets placed.

Imho, this would have been a much better buff.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 692 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Black is cheaper -- great! Slightly lower damage -- who cares, it's all about the match. Still **** on defense.
    Blue: I hope they speed up the animation -- it is so slow that he does not feel like a fast character at all. The jackpot is still bad.
    Green is cheaper but probably worse. Still bad.

Overall black being 2 AP cheaper is good enough that he is better overall. I might sell my level 167 QS for HP/ISO but I'll build one up again.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is balance in a bubble.

Not worth the iso.
    make the powers feel worth using.
  • Marvelfamily
    Options
    Oh I don't have QS. Seems like he will get a place in my roster soon. Changes seem good. Thank you demiurge for going forward and your engagement to make the game better!
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    turul wrote:
    So we should get heightened sell rates.

Adjusted sell rates for Quicksilver will be provided for a limited time following the changes. Our hope, of course, is that players won't feel the need to sell after trying out the new version in action.

Given that his optimal build is being so clearly changed will all players with 13 covers get the option of a free respec as an alternative to higher sell rates, not expecting people to find 100k iso just to get what they had prior to this lateral change doesn't seem unreasonable.
  • Heartburn
    Options
    Disappointed. I wasn't expecting much and still i feel short changed. he was a gimmicky character at best, with his slow animations, especial in a mirror match, make me avoid playing him unless i have to. This change seems pathetic, sure you can bring his cost down but the start point is ridiculous. it would of been better to leave then half way in between highest and lowest cost and have his green add random blue for every locked tile in play or maybe just a set amount in addition to the rework. this changes would be good if they said "we are starting to tweak QS here is the new start point we will be taking feed back to see where he need more adjustment."

but no this is their final product. they need to be bolder especially with a bottom tier character. the mid characters can be a bit more mild because they are not **** to start with. Not interested in any future changes if they think they did a good job on this "buff". if they started with animations were removed that would of been great.
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    They didn't do the one change that would've made everyone happy: "Reduce passive animation time by 50-75%"
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    turul wrote:
    So we should get heightened sell rates.

Adjusted sell rates for Quicksilver will be provided for a limited time following the changes. Our hope, of course, is that players won't feel the need to sell after trying out the new version in action.

I don't see any significant change in the sell rates. The ISO has remained exactly the same as before. The only adjustment is not some HP. Whenever changes were made before there was an iso and HP increase.

Are sell rates now being stealth nerfed. This game is already beyond cheap with ISO and now this. Awful.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So I just switched him to 3,5,5 and his black at level 170 does 263 damage with 3 covers. That is so pathetic. I get the usefulness of his black but to any 3* at max level and 3 covers should do a little more damage then that. He should at least have the ability to trigger Hulks anger. I might go back to 5,3,5 but I want to see how this works first
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Still won't use him or put iso into him. I still think he is bottom third tier with these changes in 3* land.
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Enhanced sales price for QS doesn't seem all that enhanced. I see that he will give some HP if sold but no bonus ISO if sold.
    Given that HP is so de-valued now, why doesn't he offer some bonus ISO when sold?????
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    Yeah, mine is 17,500 ISO and 1000 HP versus same level Rags at 17,500 ISO 0 HP.

I can't believe how cheap this game has gotten with ISO. If I sell four level 130 Quicksilvers I can afford to buy a Galactus 10 pack. icon_question.gif
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 692 Critical Contributor
    Options
    In my opinion he's a LOT better. With Iron Fist, your turns can last a long time -- not quite infinite, but a lot of damage and actions. Get Black down to 5 AP then use it to make black matches, gaining at least 3 black AP each time. I can take down good 4* teams in PVP with IF+QS.
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Pylgrim wrote:
    We've heard that some other characters are being buffed and due to the long-planning effects of championing it would be really great for us if you could at least tell us which other characters are being worked on, and even better if you could reveal approximately how often you'll be releasing them. Even announcing the next character to be updated at some point in the future would be of tremendous help.

There are at least two more characters with ability updates planned in the very near future (February if all goes to plan). More info soon, both here in the forums and planned for inclusion in the February Community Video. We'll definitely let you know who when details are set.

Bumping this.
    David - any word on when we'll get info on other characters going through ability updates and/or the Feb Community Video?

I'm desperately holding onto covers in my queue in the hopes that the ability updates merit championing....
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    In my opinion he's a LOT better. With Iron Fist, your turns can last a long time -- not quite infinite, but a lot of damage and actions. Get Black down to 5 AP then use it to make black matches, gaining at least 3 black AP each time. I can take down good 4* teams in PVP with IF+QS.
    I was also trying IF + QS paired with Classic Magneto which has other colors active and makes some board shaking for more AP generation + gathering blue powers up QS + it's father&son theme icon_razz.gif
    Maybe it wasn't the strongest team but wasn't bad and gave me some fun icon_e_wink.gif