Quicksilver Updates Coming Soon

Options

Comments

• Natsufan01
    Natsufan01 Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I like it. The black has never really been about damage, it's about controlling the board. I don't mind so much that the damage was reduced, since i never looked to it for damage anyway.

Green's crit tile was stupid. It was randomly placed, and could just as easily be used against you. Now the green will both increase damage dealt, and create locked tiles, which help feed his main ability, which is the blue.

Blue's increase in damage, while slight, is still an increase. And going along with the idea that it will fire more often with green adding to it, I think it's going to make a world of difference.

All in all, Quicksilver was too meh to be usable before. Now, I can see these changes moving him from lower tier 3* to solid mid tier. Nothing great, but not bad. When boosted, could easily see more play from these. And I agree, 3/5/5 seems to be the build now.
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    If you notice Blue essentially absorbs what black lost what I see is a much easier time to have blue go off hence the black damage Nerf. I'll gladly take the green boost over the crit tile which sometimes hurt instead of help, like creating an unwanted blue match or the A like creating an unwanted blue match or the AI nailing you

Agree - now that I look at Green, it's actually a pretty good single target nuke for 3* land - not as good as the gold standard (3* Cyclops), but decent and can get pretty fast with some lock tiles on the board.
    So, my net assessment is:
    blackflag.png - Not good - they took the easy way out. Should have allowed this to swap some special tiles with more covers (or extra pairs of basic tiles).
    blueflag.png - Meh - slight damage boost, and more likely to fire the AOE (and still dangerous if AI brings their own QS)
    greenflag.png - Good - boost damage and speeds blue AOE.

Overall - still feeling kinda meh.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:
    But think of how amazing the new QS will be if you pair him up with Star-Lord.

Here's a question though. It says minimum 5. So would SL's yellow not be able to drop it below that? I'm curious
  • DAC169
    DAC169 Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Options
    If you wanted to buff him, why not bring these back from the pre-lease build?
    blackflag.png @ 5 swapped 4 tiles (first selected swaps with second, third swaps with fourth)
    greenflag.png @ 5 creates 2 crit tiles
    Or could have done something like:
    blackflag.png more covers = more tile types. 5 covers = any tile type
    greenflag.png "select an area for the crit tile to randomly appear in." more covers = smaller area. 5 covers = choose exactly where
    Or if you really wanted to buff him, combine the two.

What do I think of him?
    Pre-release: I was sort-of looking forward to him
    Release: "garbage - use only for essentials" tier
    This update: "Garbage - use only for essentials" tier
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Go 3/5/5. Doesn't seem too bad!
  • Please fix what you break during Champion upgrade first before doing anything else. Boost character damage is way off and many 3* get no boost at all for weekly boost. Why are you nerfing 3* and 4*, but 5* get the ability for additional level.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As one of the few people that enjoyed playing with QS, and had a certain amount of success (especially in PVE), I'll tell you that this is a great change. If you can't see it is because you never bothered to find how to play him correctly. Both the black damage reduction and the caring only for TU tiles are negligible to his game plan, which is now much more effective. Obviously his best build is now 3/5/5 instead of 5/5/3.

David, thanks for this information. We've heard that some other characters are being buffed and due to the long-planning effects of championing it would be really great for us if you could at least tell us which other characters are being worked on, and even better if you could reveal approximately how often you'll be releasing them. Even announcing the next character to be updated at some point in the future would be of tremendous help.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It feels less like a buff and more like a "change things around but keep him on the same balance scale we use that isn't really working well"

He's still bottom tier, fairly easily so. His pvp will be more fun sure but as a general hint: if a character isn't being used, it isn't because the damage on one of his abilities is too high.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    Would you all say that this is more of a LATERAL move, moreso than a buff or a nerf?
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My impression is both meh and wth.

Meh because he's still pretty meh and wth because this is 1,000,001 on the list of things I want D3/Demiurge to spend time on. The precious time that went into meetings about this neff, memos, design, testing and implementation would have been far better spent on resolving the issues that plague this game.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Question: in making him faster, were his hilariously slow animations updated also?
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Options
    I like using QS every now and then. This seems like a good change for him.

But, I wonder why they would fix him before IM40. The OP made it seem like they measure how often characters are used, but would having IM in LRs throw off the comparison with QS?
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    Pylgrim wrote:
    We've heard that some other characters are being buffed and due to the long-planning effects of championing it would be really great for us if you could at least tell us which other characters are being worked on, and even better if you could reveal approximately how often you'll be releasing them. Even announcing the next character to be updated at some point in the future would be of tremendous help.

There are at least two more characters with ability updates planned in the very near future (February if all goes to plan). More info soon, both here in the forums and planned for inclusion in the February Community Video. We'll definitely let you know who when details are set.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    turul wrote:
    So we should get heightened sell rates.

Adjusted sell rates for Quicksilver will be provided for a limited time following the changes. Our hope, of course, is that players won't feel the need to sell after trying out the new version in action.
    If you want to do me a total solid and make the top 100 cover for the PvP before Blue Shift his Blue, I would be greatly appreciative.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Not sure if this makes Invisible Woman's DDQ match better or worse. On one hand, he can now make more locked tiles at will, which means that simply avoiding or breaking up blue matches isn't going to cut it any more. On the other, locked tiles must be Team-Up tiles in order to detonate, so he shouldn't be able to use Sue's Force Bubbles any more. So she can feel free to use them in more creative ways, like locking blue tiles so he can't match them, and she doesn't have to collect enough green for Force Field Crush before being able to use Force Bubbles safely.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

There are at least two more characters with ability updates planned in the very near future (February if all goes to plan). More info soon, both here in the forums and planned for inclusion in the February Community Video. We'll definitely let you know who when details are set.

Excellent and just what I wanted to read. 3 characters adjusted in February (if all goes to plan) and hopefully this will be a long term project concerning most lower tier characters. As long as you keep the announcements coming with plenty of notice and refrain from making any characters weaker I think the forums would avoid going into meltdown. When balancing future characters could you give their health pools a look over too as some are on the low side?
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    turul wrote:

Adjusted sell rates for Quicksilver will be provided for a limited time following the changes. Our hope, of course, is that players won't feel the need to sell after trying out the new version in action.
    If you want to do me a total solid and make the top 100 cover for the PvP before Blue Shift his Blue, I would be greatly appreciative.

Just champ him! I loved my QS before the buff, and the changes sound like fun. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I logged back in for the first time in a while to say this.. we have been begging for changes/buffs to IM40, Spiderman, Punisher, Pyslocke and numerous others. Although QS's buff was needed, not many players were clamoring for a QS buff before any of the other characters I just listed. If the devs are truly looking at the usage, then Sentry would obviously be their first choice to buff because I seriously doubt anyone is using him when he isn't essential.. go ahead and prove me wrong.

If the devs truly read our posts and listen to the community then they would have seen this awesome post back in September called "The 3* Balance Project" (viewtopic.php?style=1&f=8&t=33039). It was a poll on which 3* characters we would like to see buffed.. the results were nearly even for Spidey and IM40 at 40% each, meanwhile QS only gathered 5% of the votes. While it has been 4 months since this poll, not much has changed as far as our opinion on who needs buffs.

Don't get me wrong I am happy to see QS get a buff but at the same time we are so use to all these steath nerfs and hidden agendas that personally I no longer trust your company, and I am sure other players feel the same. It's already been stated in this discussion that this change was likely to make IW vs QS 4* DDQ more difficult to win. Similar to the upcoming patch "- Enemy heroes now use Single-Target powers with AoE components when the last member of the Player’s team is invisible" to make Professor X v Carnage 4* DDQ more difficult but we have not received clarification on what exactly this patch means so we don't know exactly. Even so, Professor X and IW were the only two you could win 4* DDQ with a few covers. Clearly you do not want players winning Legendary tokens with 4*s who are not close to fully covered. Whether or not this is true, it is still disappointing.

Anyways, as far as QS, it would have been nice to see his original abilities from the pre-release back on the character. His black originally allowed QS to swap an extra tile at 5 covers and his green added an extra critical tile to the board at 5 covers. More damage and AP changes do not make the character any more interesting but actually changing up his abilities would. I do agree the extra locked tile with his green does help, unfortunately a majority of the players have him at a 5/5/3 build and I doubt anyone has championed him to more his covers around soooooo yeahhh now we have either have to champion him or wait for Green covers if you're looking to change him to 3/5/5.. not a big deal with DDQ but thought I should point that out.

With that said, I cannot believe I returned to the forums to complain about QS icon_lol.gif

Until next time Happy gaming! icon_e_wink.gif

Edit: Btw I am now listed as Chairperson of the Boards? **** haha
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It's a shame though, the changes don't look to go live before his upcoming pvp. (Fingers crossed that it does though)
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    turul wrote:
    Its also a nerf. Powers do not count non-TU tiles.

Critical tile generation also lost.

The mpq way.

1.Make a great character. Nerf after announcement before release. Rebalance the characer to make worse by buffing his worst ability, blue, while nerfing the usefulness of a good ability, green.

2. Carnage got a buff in how ai plays him vs px. Qs got a buff in how ai plays him against iw. Anyone else see a trend to these new buffs?