Options

Comments

• metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    OJSP said:
    metallion said:

Day 1763
    ISO invested (all characters): 43.6M (Previous Update: 41.1M)
    Have you got a sizeable iso stash? otherwise, making 2.5million iso in a month is quite impressive.
    My mistake, that was 41.4M, so that's 2.2M ISO in the last month. No stash, I'm just holding on to ISO until I have enough to max out a 13 cover character immediately. All my ISO are from Shield bonuses from my monthly $2 purchase, DPD, flipping my 2* farm, playing every PVE and PVP and champ rewards. I don't hoard CP and LTs so with 90% of 4*s champed I'm getting consistent champ rewards on that tier, while half of my 3* tier is either dupe-champed or not max champed yet so I'm getting rewards from those as well.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options

OKTOBER 2018 UPDATE

Day 1259

Roster slots: 210/210 (+8) 

star star star star star
    16 champions (+4):
    Archangel, Black Bolt, Captain America (Infinity War), Daredevil, Dr. Strange, Gambit, Ghost Rider, Jean Grey, Jessica Jones, Okoye, Spider-Man, Silver Surfer, Thanos, Thor, Wasp, Wolverine
    Championed Thanos (level 452), Dr. Strange (456), Wasp (454) and Old Man Logan (452). Added Kitty (0/0/3) and Cable (0/0/1) to my roster and pulled a few covers for Loki, who's half done now (4/1/3). Furthermore I've brought all of my 5* characters to their maximum level.

star star star star
    73 champions (+2):
    Agent Coulson, America Chavez, Ant-Man, Black Panther, Black Widow, Blade, Captain Marvel, Carnage, Cloak & Dagger, Cyclops, Dazzler, Deadpool, Devil Dinosaur, Drax, Elektra, Emma Frost, Gamora, Ghost, Ghost Rider, Gwenpool, Howard The Duck, Iceman, Invisible Woman, Iron Fist, Iron Man, Jean Grey, Jubilee, Kate Bishop, Kingpin, Kraven the Hunter, Lockjaw, Luke Cage, Medusa, Miles Morales, Mockingbird, Moon Knight, Mordo, Mr. Fantastic, Nebula, Nick Fury, Nico Minoru, Nightcrawler, Nova, Peggy Carter, Professor X, Quake, Red Hulk, Riri Williams, Rocket & Groot, Rogue, Sam Wilson, Sandman, Shuri, Spider-Gwen, Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, Star-Lord, The Hulk (The Main Event), The Hulk (Totally Awesome), The Punisher, The Thing, Thor,  Valkyrie Venom (Agent Venom), Venom (Eddie Brock), Vulture, War Machine, Wasp, Wiccan, Winter Soldier, Wolverine, X-23, Yondu
    Championed Nebula & Dazzler. Taskmaster is the newest addition to my roster (4/2/3, level 188). Also started to build up a duplicate of Gamora (1/2/3).

star star star
    Re-championed Hulk. Thor's duplicate stands at 2/4/2, Ragnarok's duplicate has three covers (1/2/0).

star star
    Bagman reached level 144 so I'm building him up again (currently at 0/1/3).

star
    No changes.

Bonus Heroes
    star star star : Psylocke
    star star star star : Black Panther
    star star star star star : Black Panther

Future goals

Waiting for Cable to enter the Latest Legends so I can drop my little hoard (25 tokens). On long term I want to finish my big Black Panter (5/5/1), since he's the last remaining "essential" 5* character I haven't championed yet.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    CT1888 said:
    Ooft, long time since I did one of these

Rank 147, day 1478

5*
    Doc Ock, Thanos, Spider Man (PP), Jessica Jones, Beardy Cap, Ghost Rider, Daredevil, Starlord, Black Panther, Thor and Gambit all championed (in order highest to lowest level).
    Okoye is 7/3/3, Wasp 3/1/3, Loki 1/1/1, the rest feel increasingly irrelevant. 7 more Iron Spider covers would let me champ BSSM, but why bother. 
    Still, now that Gambit snore fest is gone and I have JJ and Thor, the Thanos hegemony has been well and truely broken, so Pve is for him and DD, but pvp is other teams (though mostly JJ/Thor).

4*
    Carol is rapidly approaching being my first max champed 4*, Wiccan, Ghost, Emma Frost and Nebula to be champed.

3*
    Currently holding 12 max champed 3*s,2 of which are there for the 2nd time. Going to aim for not selling any going forward. Gambit, Angel and Elektra are the only ones who have never been max champed. 

2*
    Bag man is up to 138.

I kind of hope the next 5* is rubbish, then i can have a month playing minimal Pve and feel like I'm not missing out on the Cp
    Since the last update I got 1 black Okoye (8/3/3) and 7 Wasp covers (all but 1 while Okoye was in rotation). In disgust, and not wanting to hoard, I first turned to the fan favourites (champed OML and got a couple of covers for the good Doctor) and now Classics, as I chase bonus hero covers for Shuri. When Okoye rolled into classics I needed 14 Shuri covers to get my next Okoye, that's down to 5 now thanks to some good luck at long last. Once I get those, I'll use the 3 saved covers to champ Okoye. I've also managed to cover BSSM via Iron Spidey champ awards, making him my 14th champ. Working on bringing the rest up to their level caps. I'd like to get Surfer and Phoenix champed, it would feel a bit like I'd rounded off the 5* realm getting the original trio done. 

4* Carol max champed and dupe underway. Dazzler, Nebula and Taskmaster to cover and champ, though I may lose the desire to stay on the 4* hamster wheel with the removal of increased odds for the 12. New characters are pretty irrelevant, and using them in Shield Training again peeves me off

3* working on getting Gambit, Angel and Elektra to 266 so I can say everyone has been there at least once. Sold off another bunch of 266s as an act of vandalism to pay for some 5*levels.

2* Bagman is stubbornly at 138
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Options

I'm now on Day 767 (so about 5.6 months after my previous update), SHIELD Rank 142 (an increase of 18).

:star: 
    Juggernaut + 0/0/5 Spidey + 5 BWs with 5 blue for Alliance TUs. 

:star::star:
    All part of the champ farm. (I keep one max champed copy and one dupe of each.) Bagman at level 107. 

:star::star::star:
    All champed. 33 max champed. Many dupes.

:star::star::star::star:
    71 champed (22 new champs since last update). 
    The only ones left to champ are: Jubilee (level 209 5/4/4), Wiccan (level 209 5/5/3), Taskmaster (level 168 2/5/4), and Domino (level 70 0/0/1)

:star::star::star::star::star:
    7 fully covered: AA, Beardcap, Gambit, JJ, Okoye, RR, Thor
    2 at 12 covers: Wa5p, Loki
    2 at 11 covers: Thano5, 5trange
    All rostered except Cable, who I'll be pulling for in a couple of hours :)

The plan is to finish champing my 4*s and then move onto champing my 3* dupes. I still don't think I want to jump into 5* land just yet, so I'll just leave my finished 5*s where they are. I'll keep pulling Latest to cover the newer 5*s, and then sometime in 2019, I'll maybe make the jump.
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I stopped playing a couple years ago during "token vaulting", which required a very different strategy and allowed me to roster more 4*s earlier.  As such, I am missing 8 3*s and have about 40 4*s rostered, with 4 4* champs: Carol, Blade, Coulson, and Luke Cage.

Now that I'm playing again and we are back to all characters in tokens, I believe the optimal strategy is to roster all 3*s before starting to build the rest of the 4*s.

So right now I am hoarding all LTs and CP until I have all the 3*s rostered.  I still open heroics because it's a low chance for 4* and a chance I already have them.  I open all event vaults and other special tokens except for special LTs.

If I don't have both 4*s in the taco vault, I hoard those until the vault flips.  That gives me more pulls towards 4* I already have when I get a good vault. I find that this also helps me more regularly pull the better HP rewards, which helps immensely in this toughest stage of roster building.

Once I get all 3* rostered, I'll use BH to get all 3* champed while starting to build new 4*s. After all 3s are champed, I'll use BH to get strange and thanos maxed for easier PVE clears, and then take a look at the best 4* feeders.

My 4* BH focuses are RnG and star Lord.  RnG for his PVE acceleration with those beefy strikes, and star Lord for his synergy with 4* RnG and Carol.

Once I start pulling LTs, I'm undecided about going classic or latest. I have a number of classic 5*s already but that list just keeps getting longer.  It will probably be around Christmas when I'm ready to break into my hoard so I'll just have to see when I get there.

• spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Options
    SHIELD Level roughly 121, I believe 

Day 980? 

Roster slots: 156/156

No 5 star champions, but am adding some covers to some of the nicer 5-stars on my roster (thank you 4-star feeders and lucky legendary tokens). I now have 12 5 stars with multiple covers, all softcapped at 315. Wasp seems to be the one with most covers, but I'm not a fan of her. Black cover for Okoye continues to elude, though.

4 stars: 36 now champed. Medusa and Miles Morales both climbed the roster. I have 13 softcapped at level 209, and am working on bringing the rest of my roster to 209 before I make decisions on who to champ next. I have at least five below the 209 level that have 13 covers, I'm just not big fans of any characters.

3 stars: Storm, Human Torch and Bullseye were all sold after hitting max champs, and I have 6 others within six covers of that top goal that I'll start making decisions on when they sell and who they bring up from the lower roster when sold, to continue active farming of 3-stars. Most likely 3-star Cyclops and 3-star Iron Man will be next on that list, as they're each sitting on 20 saved covers, so the payoff when they get there is very nice. 

2 stars: Active farming continues here. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This was almost exactly 4 months ago. My how things have changed!

5*: I did max-cover Jess (+3 saved). Angel and Robbie got 11 each. Current goal is Okoye who is 3/5/4 with ~240 pulls saved. Waiting to see if Shuri is named a feeder during this 10 year anniversary before pulling for the last one. If she is, I can hoard until Loki is set to leave and reassess what to do with what will by then be a beefy hoard!

4*: Done! Ever single 4* is champed with the exception of Emma, who only has 5 covers. 

3*: With all other tiers done for my purposes (and cover saves a thing), this is where all my iso is focused. I popped open all the standards, elites and a large chunk of heroics I had hoarded (it was a lot!) and now open as I get them (saving the rest of my heroics until Emma cycles in).  I have 17 (out of 47) left to rechamp (keeping my max champs). Out of those 17, 8 are rerostered and all but one are max-covered. Iso debt here is 2.17 million. 

2*: Super done! Excluding Bags (one max champ one level 113 champ), I have two max-champs of everyone and a third just for farming that I keep max-covered, save 50 covers, champ, sell and reroster. Working beautifully!
      The above was less than three months ago.

5*:
    - Shuri was indeed named Okoye's feeder and I was able to keep hoarding while cover-maxing her.
    - I got a 12th Archangel naturally from a Mutant Mavericks reward token which prompted me to pull from the store and finish him. Went 4/38 there (2 Cable / 2 Angel)... yikes.
    - I finally put iso in some of my 5* bringing Daredevil, Jessica, and Okoye to 315 (they are my highest leveled characters).
    - I'm now up to 412 pulls saved (meaning I gained 210 pulls in about 11 weeks).
    - I will likely bust the hoard for Loki/Kitty/Cable when Domino and "Roman's Line" enter tokens beginning of next season.

4*:
    - All but Domino (who will likely end 2/2/2 before entering tokens) are champed!
    - I'm hoarding Heroics (and Latests as stated above) until the next two 4* enter tokens beginning of next season.

3*:
    - This was the biggest update since last time.  I had 17 left to rechamp, and thanks to an influx of anniversary iso I ended up getting them all done. I now have every character at 266 with a champed dupe.

2*:
    - Still super done. Two max-champs and a third collecting covers to flip for rewards.

1*:
    - Decided today I am adding Spider-Man to my roster.  Just tired of playing Juggs everyday and need a change-up.  With all my 2s, 3s and 4s done, I'm sitting on 1.25 million iso, so the only cost is a roster spot.  Though that is a significant cost given I emptied my HP stash completely during anniversary.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    OJSP said:
    On long term I want to finish my big Black Panter (5/5/1), since he's the last remaining "essential" 5* character I haven't championed yet.
    I noticed he’s now 5/5/2.. We could have a race. You need 36 more 4*BP covers and I need 37.. Good luck.
    Thanks, I've been really lucky with 4* bonus covers lately. I still have a faint hope that I get a 5* BH in the right colour before my Panther has finally reached level 360.
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Been about a month since my last update and I feel like I'm now in groove with optimal rostering strategy and casual playing pattern.  

Since reading on the forums about the 4* required pattern, I've changed my strategy slightly to prioritize always rostering the new 4* or any 4* earned from boss event progression, and all priority after that to finish rostering 3*.  As a result, I have the 3 most recent 4* added, while cutting my missing 3* down to only 4.  Sitting on about 700k iso and 1600 HP so plenty of resources to roster up and start champing the missing few, especially with this next release being 5* kingpin.

My token hoard is at 13 LTs and 700 CP so I'll have a steady stream of pulls once I nab these final 3*.

Original timeline was pretty on point, there's a good chance I'll break into my first LTs right around Christmas.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Today is my 2 year anniversary (yay, Silver Surfer) so seems like a good time to post to this thread.

194 roster slots, 23 LL, 653 CP, 6600 HP and 180K iso.

5s: None champed, all rostered. Hawkeye is at 13 covers, Peter Parker and Phoenix at 11, Okoye at 10.

4s: 45 champed, 24 at 13 covers, the rest at level 209 except for Bishop and Prowler (both 7 covers) and the limited 4s.

3s: All champed, 23 max-champed and dupes being worked on (6 of those are rechamped).

2s: Farming away (with 3 extra slots for Magneto/Storm/Hawkeye for the Daily Deadpool).

1s: Just ol' Spidey.

Bit torn between working on rechamping dupe 3s and working through the backlog of 4s.

• spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Options
    SHIELD Level 125.5,

Day 1051

Roster slots: 160/170

No 5 star champions. I am now one Shuri cover away from the Okoye Black cover I need. Five 5-stars have five covers or more, all softcapped at level 315.

4 stars: 37 champed, Blade the most recent. I have 20 at 13 covers, 6 at 12 and 4 at 11, all at level 209 or above. All others are also leveled up to their covers (aside from Domino who just added one more cover at end of last event). I'm looking at Kingpin as my next to champ as he'll most likely be a 5-star feeder and I have 10 bonus covers for him. After Kingpin, I'll start triaging depending who I want to add to that roster. I may push Spider-Man: Infinity War next. Shuri is my bonus hero to get me a Okoye cover, and then it will bounce down to Domino to get her to the requisite covers to get her to 209 status so I'm not flat footed at the next S.H.I.E.L.D. Training.

3 stars: Iron Fist and Luke Cage both are back to level 40 after reaching max champ status. Rocket and Groot are two covers away from taking a tumble down the ladder, and 5 more are 7 covers from max champ status. Otherwise, not much has changed here. Cyke and Iron Man did get that ISO boost to reclimb the ladder.

2 stars: Active farming continues here.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2018
    Options
    SHIELD Level 122 (18pts from 123)

Day 1049

I spend LTs/CP as I get it typically, usually CP on classics. As of this week, I've decided to just move to only pulling from Latest as I go, at least across the Kingpin lifespan, to see if the way I play will result in fully covering him without hoarding. I'll be starting from 0 covers, so it'll be an interesting experiment for me. I usually do PVE SCL8 to progression (unless Okoye, Medusa, or 4ocket is boosted, then I'll do 9) and PVP to at least 575 but generally 900 when I can.

Roster Slots: 172/172

No 5* champions, all but Kingpin rostered
    · best covered is still Gho5t Rider at 7/3/2 lvl 270 - currently my 5* BH so I can try to cover one
    · Thano5 (5/0/2) is lvl 345
    · 5* Lord (5/1/3) is lvl 345
    · DD5 (6/1/1) lvl 330
    · Hawkeye (1/5/3) is lvl 315
    · Okoye (5/2/1) is lvl 300
    · JJ (4/2/2) is lvl 255 - I can't decide if i want to put levels on her or not since i don't have many covers on blue
    · Lumbercap (1/4/4) at level 255
    rest are all over the place, only a few with a single cover and most in the 4-6 range. I didn't get a Kingpin from the Big Bads store, so I'll have to score him from latest

4*: 38 champs, all rostered
    My general strategy for 4* growth has been to bonus hero my way to 10 covers on everyone as fast as possible to Shield Training proof my roster. As of this week, I'm current through Domino on that effort (minus Taskmaster, who hopefully won't be required for Spider-Ham now that we could potentially have an all-limited ST...). I'm probably going to keep her as my BH until she hits 13 since I think she'd be a good addition to my roster. usually I just champ one of my 209s as I get the iso between 4* releases. I have to say that generally, once you've spent the 130,000 on getting them to 209, the 230,000 you need to go the rest of the way to champ actually feels like the "correct" amount I want to spend champing a 4*.
    · Rogue is best leveled at 292
    · All but Bishop, Prowler, and Taskmaster at 10 covers or better
    · 14 at lvl 209 - I've been letting Shield Training drive this mostly and leveling them as they come up
    · 21 characters still need covers to be champ-able - Most just need 1-3, but Bishop/Prowler need 9 each when they hit tokens. Howard is fully covered with 6 saved. I'll have the Devil D i'm missing from daily rewards in a month or so. Taskmaster is 2/2/2, looks like there'll be one in the 12 days, so that's one more drop in that bucket. 

3*: For the Big Bad release, I sold off all 6 of my max-champs to get some hp and iso. Only Strang3 had a champion dupe on roster, the rest had 1-6 cover replacements growing the background. As it currently stands, I have Cap (1/2/5) as my bonus hero, Widow (1/2/3), Thanos (0/1/2) and Captain Marvel (1/0/0) to re-champ in a hurry. I don't think I'll sell a max-champ without a champ-able replacement in the future if I can help it, seems like every time i do this it burns me in a pvp in short order. I'm currently suffering from an un-champed Cap in Snowball Fight, and I have a suspicion that weaksauce Captain Marvel is going to need to grow up before her movie comes out.

2*: Farming as usual. Bagman at lvl 123. I turn these over as soon as I have a replacement, no drama here generally

1* I keep a fully covered lvl 40 (good enough, why waste the iso?) Sp1der Man for DDQ, but with all the empty roster slots leftover from selling my dupes, I find myself now with a nearly complete 1* roster - just need hawkeye, iron man, and juggernaut. I may roster them for completion sake, or not depending on what my hp situation ends up looking lik.
  • Daredevil217
    edited December 2018
    Options
      The above was less than three months ago.

5*: 
    - Shuri was indeed named Okoye's feeder and I was able to keep hoarding while cover-maxing her.
    - I got a 12th Archangel naturally from a Mutant Mavericks reward token which prompted me to pull from the store and finish him. Went 4/38 there (2 Cable / 2 Angel)... yikes.
    - I finally put iso in some of my 5* bringing Daredevil, Jessica, and Okoye to 315 (they are my highest leveled characters).
    - I'm now up to 412 pulls saved (meaning I gained 210 pulls in about 11 weeks).
    - I will likely bust the hoard for Loki/Kitty/Cable when Domino and "Roman's Line" enter tokens beginning of next season.

4*:
    - All but Domino (who will likely end 2/2/2 before entering tokens) are champed!
    - I'm hoarding Heroics (and Latests as stated above) until the next two 4* enter tokens beginning of next season.

3*:
    - This was the biggest update since last time.  I had 17 left to rechamp, and thanks to an influx of anniversary iso I ended up getting them all done. I now have every character at 266 with a champed dupe.

2*:
    - Still super done. Two max-champs and a third collecting covers to flip for rewards.

1*:
    - Decided today I am adding Spider-Man to my roster.  Just tired of playing Juggs everyday and need a change-up.  With all my 2s, 3s and 4s done, I'm sitting on 1.25 million iso, so the only cost is a roster spot.  Though that is a significant cost given I emptied my HP stash completely during anniversary. 
    1*: 
    Everyone rostered and max-leveled for collection purposes. That’s new. 

2*:
    Still two max-champs and a third unleveled copy to collect 50 covers and flip for rewards. Bagman has a single max-champ and level 127 dupe. 

3*:
    Have a max-champ and a dupe champ of everyone. Some of my dupe champs are getting close to max-champ status. Planning to open a third slot to collect covers to flip when I hit 100 saved (similar to my 2* structure). This might not be sustainable due to the reward drought that’ll come while collecting 113 3* covers, but I can always change my plan later if I find this to be difficult and champ the new dupe. I can then decide to either eat the cost or sell one of the two max champs to fund it. I will cross that bridge when I get there. 

4*:
    I’m mostly staying on top of the release schedule. 4s get first dibs for my iso. As soon as I get a new cover, I level as high as I can. Everyone is champed sans Bishop (3/3/3) and Prowler (1/2/3). 

5*:
    Biggest update here! I’m starting that lengthy 5* transition and approaching it very differently than others who jump with 1-3 characters. Decided to level all the characters on my roster that are max-covered or I could conceivebly champ down the road with either feeders, special stores or bonus heroes. So right now, I’ve invested about 1.8 million to bring the following to level 320 (they are now the highest leveled characters on my roster):

Cover-maxed:
    Thanos: 3/5/5 +7
    Jessica Jones: 4/4/5 +6
    Cable: 3/5/5 +3
    Green Goblin: 5/3/5 +2
    Archangel: 5/4/4 +2
    Okoye: 4/5/4 +1
    Daredevil: 5/4/4 +1

12 covers:
    Loki: 4/5/3 +2
    Captain America (IW):  2/5/5 +1
    Ghost Rider: 4/4/4

11 covers:
    Gambit: 4/2/5
    Black Panther: 2/4/5

10 covers:
    Kitty Pryde: 4/4/2

Notes:
    - 1 Shuri = Okoye champ level
    - 2 4* Kingpins = DD champ level
    - 6 ME Hulks = finished Loki
    - 45 Winter Soldiers (yikes) = finished IW Cap
    - 4 4* Ghost Riders = finished RR Ghost Rider
    - Any level 300 feeder will finish Gambit (Rogue, the most likely choice is level 312)
    - 5 4* Panthers = 2/5/5 5* Panther
    - 45 4* Panthers (yikes) = finished 5* Panther
    - Will pull to finish Kitty when Loki leaves since he’s close enough
    - Will likely stop leveling Kitty for awhile so Daredevil can tank for her. Seems like a fun team I can enjoy for awhile before champing everyone. 
    - I also have 5* Thor 5/5/3 +2 but have not leveled him at all because I like my 4s tanking for him. When I eventually champ everyone and move completely to 5* play, he’ll get brought up then. 

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    @Daredevil217
    What is the rationale for having 2 sets of Max-champ 3* rosters with a third building? Just having a backup for health reasons?
  • Daredevil217
    Options
    @Daredevil217
    What is the rationale for having 2 sets of Max-champ 3* rosters with a third building? Just having a backup for health reasons?
    Honestly the main reason is just that they take so freaking long to build up that the idea of selling them off is painful- especially if not hurting for resources. Same reason I’ll never sell a Bagman, but have flipped the other 2s (on some level I’m paying for a trophy).

Since I’ve already invested the iso in the dupe, the only cost at this point is a slot- in which there is always value.  So I figure I’ll keep it and always have the option down the road to sell off later if in dire need of resources (though I say that, I know I’ll be less likely to sell the closer I get to a second complete set... but the option is there; same as my 2s). I just hit the 1.8 million iso mark; so I’m definitely not hurting for iso aside from the 6+ million needed to champ the fives   I’m bringing up. 

Which leads to my next point. It gives me something else to invest in that is of minimal competitive value (again, more trophy value) to delay my inevitable ascension to 5* play. I am a very vocal 4* enthusiast, but more and more have really been loving the 3*/4*/5* hybrid game I’ve been playing. I think I’m in the absolute best spot for in-game fun right now (obviously champing 5s would be best for competing- I’m talking actual matches). So while I’m enjoying this time and slowly bringing up my 5s, I might as well invest my iso in something. 

Having a backup for health purposes is more an added perk than anything else.  It will be especially nice when I champ Thanos, for the 3* featured in Lightning Rounds in particular. I don’t think I will keep more than two with a third for flipping (same as my 2s). Because then I’d have more copies of the 3* with feeders and the OCD part of me would like to have an even number of slots for everyone (except Bagman). So I won’t dedicate a 4th slot for 3s. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Right on, I can respect doing it for trophy purposes.

I also enjoy the 4* game, and have been mostly burning CP into classics as I get 20 to maximize my pulls. But now that I've started getting some 5*s up into the 9-10 cover range, and I have plenty of usable 4s with 39/77 champs, I find that I'm kind of aspiring up to a 5* champion to play with now. I'm about 5 pulls in to only spending in Latest Legends, and i'm already tempted to go back to classics lol. It doesn't help that I've been in a pretty dry spell in latest I guess; i'm due for a few 5s here soon.
  • Daredevil217
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I ended up with a fat 5* roster on accident. I hoarded several YEARS due to immense iso shortage. And since cover save wasn’t an option I just didn’t open until I had cleared the vine. I did well in PVP/PVE so I was at a point where I was earning 4* covers naturally faster than I had iso to champ without having to open tokens.

(Edit: I just looked back at the thread and it was only 350 pulls. Seemed like more back then, lol. I guess I was opening tokens at times when the vine was clear because I only had about 80 tokens but 6600 CP). 

Xmas Eve last year was about the time DD was set to leave tokens. Him being my namesake and all, I decided to crack my hoard even though it might have meant a ton of waste. Not only was it Daredevil, but he’s actually good and operated with my personal favorite mechanic, which is healthpack-saving true heal. I got Matt done, then went for Gambit and Thor due to their meta-ness. Jessica I wanted because I like the character, and Okoye was a “must grab” according to the forums. Due to the spacing of those characters, I got others who were in-between close as well (Cap, GR, Angel, etc.) and yeah, now I collect 5s like everyone else. I try to get them all as close to finished as I can (except I skipped Wasp once her distribution was super uneven and may do the same for Fisk).

A thing to note is you can collect 5s and don’t have to be a 5* player right away if you don’t want. By softcapping, I’m at a point where I’m using both 5s and boosted 4s about equally right now. Kitty and Thor get heaviest PVE use (1 more cover until she overwrites countdowns!). Thor and DD get heaviest PVP use (Thor for points, DD when I play the wins-based retal game). Thanos is used for seeds and trivial nodes. 

This is a bad time to transition into spending in Latests to be honest. Loki, Cable and Fisk all aren’t great. Kitty is the golden goose, but is next on the chopping block after New Years. If you think you can earn enough to cover her before she leaves though, absolutely do it. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I guess in my mind, moving over to spending in latest may as well happen any time if it's going to be what i do moving forward, right? I only have one cover on Kitty, and it's not the one that makes her 5* Nico, so I don't use her. I have no illusions I'll champ her, but a few more covers before she leaves would be nice. I mentioned earlier in the thread I'm doing it now as kind of an experiment with Kingpin who is the only 5* i'm missing to see if I can actually cover 5*s playing the way I play without hoarding. If it works, I guess that will just be my move going forward.

But I lucked into having 5/2/1 on Okoye, so i use her all the time with 4*s at level 300, and I have a few others I've moved up into that level range I use a bunch like Thano5 (5/0/2) and my 5/1/1 Daredevil. I think it's because i have a few partially covered but higher leveled 5*s that I'm getting the itch to move up, it's just rough finishing the ones I already have partially built.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I ended up with 10 (!!!) 5* champs on accident too kinda. I was still pulling classics but getting lucky on my LT pulls to get pretty close to covering DD, then switched to latests. Some really insane luck let me go back to classics when Thor and Gambit were both 4/4/4. I went back to Latests to try and cover JJ, eventually finishing her with classic pulls and selling Gambit. Some bad luck got me a 2/4/5 Okoye with 4 saved covers, so I went back to classics trying to finish her (still unsuccessful). Went back to latests for Loki/kitty/cable, ended up with Loki champed but only 2 each of the others. Moral of the story I guess is, feel free to switch back and forth depending on the 3 in latests
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I feel like i've had decent luck in classics getting covers for consistent characters, though looking over my pull history i seem to be a little above average for 5*s generally (17% of the last 141 classic pulls). For instance my 9 cover hawkeye was entirely from Classic. I got 2 of the 5 blacks I have on Thano5 within 4 pulls of each other a few weeks ago. But my 7/3/2 Gho5t Rider isn't having any luck finishing up, and my Ghost 4ider is "only" level 281...