**** Nova (Sam Alexander) ****

Options

Comments

• Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ErikPeter wrote:
    So, who is this Nova guy? Tell me about him. I've never read a comic featuring him.

The Nova corps are essentially space cops. Kind of like DC's Green Lanterns. They were in the Guardians of the Galaxy movie as well, or at least a watered down version of them without their cool powers, which mostly involve gravity manipulation, enhanced strength/endurance/healing and flying really really fast.

The current Nova series is about a teen called Sam Alexander, who finds out that his missing dad used to be in the Nova corps. He also finds his dad's helmet, and from that gains the powers of a Nova. He trained with Rocket Raccoon and Gamora for a while, and now he's an Avenger.

He was also part of the Black Vortex event, so the next time that is run he might be a boosted character in that as well.
  • Antlion
    Antlion Posts: 19
    Options
    I was kinda hoping that it could be Wasp so they would complete the original Avengers team. The strike tile working to a stun would work with her "sting" I think. The colors don't clash with the wasp costume. She also complements Ant-man(mostly). I would tend to agree that it would be nova based on the hint, despite my wishes.
  • djvkool
    djvkool Posts: 47
    Options
    1) Like father like son
    2) The colours match Old Man Logan

4* Daken confirmed

Oooohhh!! yeah I'm with you here mate
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Buret0 wrote:
    In some of the Marvel universes, Sabertooth was Logan's father. In fact, the original writer had intended that to be the case in the main Marvel universe.

Ok, but even then, Wolverine is nothing like Sabertooth. They have opposite values. The only thing that gets those close is their hatred for each other icon_e_biggrin.gif

The idiom like father, like son means that we have somebody who follows his dad path. And that's why Nova comes to minds.

I like the idea of Cable, but I think his virus is significant to be present in at least one power (remember 4* Venom with the strike and protection tiles ability?). So I rule him out too.

I don't know anything about Phobos. So why not?

I agree anything that comes from Prof X (Legion) and/or Magneto (Onslaught) or Reed Richards (Franklin) should be a 5* icon_e_smile.gif
  • Mercurywolf
    Options
    ErikPeter wrote:
    So, who is this Nova guy? Tell me about him. I've never read a comic featuring him.

As others have said, the current Nova is Sam Alexander. Still, my personal favorite is his predecessor, Richard Rider. He was a huge part of the Annihilation and Annihilation: Conquest story arcs.

I think this pic sums up why I like him:

f2bb73b8b0fc31da2ac0646f7de5508d.jpg
  • Philly484
    Philly484 Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I hate to agree but usually everyone gets their guesses right, so it probably is Nova. I would like to see some more Villains added. I don't see this being another Daken, the power set doesn't make sense that he can stun. If you wanted to argue any of heroes could technically stun with a quick blow to the back of the head, but as for Green Goblin, I would see us getting Iron Patriot before Green Goblin, as Norman doesn't revert back to his Goblin tendencies until after he has donned the Iron Patriot persona. If we got Green Goblin pretty sure his power set would be Prpl, Ylw, Grn. Plus I am sure that they are working on new story events for upcoming movies with new champs they can Introduce. Aka here comes a flux of beloved X-Men we are all looking forward too icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    Philly484 wrote:
    I hate to agree but usually everyone gets their guesses right, so it probably is Nova. I would like to see some more Villains added. I don't see this being another Daken, the power set doesn't make sense that he can stun. If you wanted to argue any of heroes could technically stun with a quick blow to the back of the head, but as for Green Goblin, I would see us getting Iron Patriot before Green Goblin, as Norman doesn't revert back to his Goblin tendencies until after he has donned the Iron Patriot persona. If we got Green Goblin pretty sure his power set would be Prpl, Ylw, Grn. Plus I am sure that they are working on new story events for upcoming movies with new champs they can Introduce. Aka here comes a flux of beloved X-Men we are all looking forward too icon_e_biggrin.gif

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=30443&p=368170#p368170
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Philly484 wrote:
    I don't see this being another Daken, the power set doesn't make sense that he can stun.

I was thinking a stun might be a reinterpretation of his pheromone powers. In the comics he uses them to seduce - he makes people like him involuntarily. I always thought having it linked to a damage power seemed a little bit odd.

Plus he does have another costume.

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-3273115

It would be weird for him not to have any healing abilities, though, so I think that's a nail in his coffin.
  • Razamataz
    Razamataz Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    In the last wolverines story arc daken has lost his healing ability having it stolen from him,same time as wolverine lost his healing ability too before he was killed so could be a possibility but doubt it will be him
  • Pairing this character with Iceman would be interesting. Perfect rainbow coverage, cheap powers and multiple stuns sounds pretty annoying.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Enslaved wrote:
    Pairing this character with Iceman would be interesting. Perfect rainbow coverage, cheap powers and multiple stuns sounds pretty annoying.

If this char is good, he is probably going to be best friend with iceman but then jean, and rhulk also. So if he is good, he can jump from nowhere to top5 icon_razz.gif

PS: In fact what it is going to limit him is his availability, this char can be the first one people use CPs to max (buyers club of course), but then the 99.9% of people will need to cover him playing or with tokens, so I guess he wont be max covered in just two days icon_razz.gif
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    People seem to be excited for this character. I'm prepared for another disappointment. Cheap kits such as this character's leads to characters like Psylocke, Beast, Chulk, Rag, Punisher.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    rastafari7 wrote:

Oh thank god, its not Daken.
  • Der_Lex
    Options
    ErikPeter wrote:

As others have said, the current Nova is Sam Alexander. Still, my personal favorite is his predecessor, Richard Rider. He was a huge part of the Annihilation and Annihilation: Conquest story arcs.

I think this pic sums up why I like him:

f2bb73b8b0fc31da2ac0646f7de5508d.jpg

Still hoping he'll turn up as 5* Nova Prime one day.
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    Options
    rastafari7 wrote:
    It´s Nova
    I'm was say about it in first page. icon_razz.gif
  • hesjingixen
    hesjingixen Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Okay, so I'm not super well-versed in Nova lore.....how is this like father like son?
  • Der_Lex
    Options
    Okay, so I'm not super well-versed in Nova lore.....how is this like father like son?

Der_Lex wrote:

The current Nova series is about a teen called Sam Alexander, who finds out that his missing dad used to be in the Nova corps. He also finds his dad's helmet, and from that gains the powers of a Nova.
  • 20three
    20three Posts: 371
    Options
    Ehh

The only thing I've read with this character in is Marvel Zombies, and he was an embarrassing, useless coward in that.
  • Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Looks like my Blackheart guess was way off, but thank **** God it's not Daken.