**** Nova (Sam Alexander) ****

Options

Comments

• himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    After playing with Nova in his event, I think his red is the best power. Sending an enemy flying is an alternate way to stun a character, and as of now there is no character who is immune to this.

It was really annoying fighting him. He sometimes Rocket Man'ed the character I wanted to use their powers. Having to wait for 2 turns can be deadly.

Yellow is a cheap attack + strike tile generator. I don't think relying on black is a good strategy. To me, it's more of a "I don't need anymore strike tiles" move. Nice to have, but you shouldn't plan your whole game around creating 5 black strike tiles & activate his black's 2nd power.

Has anyone tried pairing him with Iron Fist as Nova's black battery? It sounds good on paper, but does it actually work?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    himatako wrote:
    After playing with Nova in his event, I think his red is the best power. Sending an enemy flying is an alternate way to stun a character, and as of now there is no character who is immune to this.

It was really annoying fighting him. He sometimes Rocket Man'ed the character I wanted to use their powers. Having to wait for 2 turns can be deadly.

Yellow is a cheap attack + strike tile generator. I don't think relying on black is a good strategy. To me, it's more of a "I don't need anymore strike tiles" move. Nice to have, but you shouldn't plan your whole game around creating 5 black strike tiles & activate his black's 2nd power.

Has anyone tried pairing him with Iron Fist as Nova's black battery? It sounds good on paper, but does it actually work?
    Here is a question if you airborn the last enemy why don't they star airborn for the full time so I can generate AP? After one turn they crash to the ground and attack.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    Here is a question if you airborn the last enemy why don't they star airborn for the full time so I can generate AP? After one turn they crash to the ground and attack.
    No, it's like when Fastball special sends the last man airborne... they come right back down the next turn.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Any word when Nova is joining the normal Token Rotation?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    Any word when Nova is joining the normal Token Rotation?
    It's usually at the start of the next season. So likely next week.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    wymtime wrote:
    No, it's like when Fastball special sends the last man airborne... they come right back down the next turn.
    That feels wrong to me. Even if they can't get hit they should stay up in the air for 3 turns so the other team can collect AP.
  • Pwuz_
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    wymtime wrote:
    That feels wrong to me. Even if they can't get hit they should stay up in the air for 3 turns so the other team can collect AP.

I agree and that had boned me once when the AI used a Fastball TU against me, and I was planning for the 3 turns it said they were airborne for.
  • Sandwichboy
    Sandwichboy Posts: 193 Tile Toppler
    Options
    After playing Jet Set Go I have to agree, red is one of the best CC powers in the game if for no other reason than it's a red power and not blue. And dirt cheap. As I suspected he pairs incredibly well with Iceman and the two of them being able to lock down 2 characters, nuke the 3rd and then safely build up AP for a nuke is awesome. He's also a serious enough threat on defence as the AI is quite capable of punting a key team member right when you need them for a big hit. Definitely going to focus on building him up any chance I get.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    wymtime wrote:

This. This bugs me. When I knock somebody into the air for X turns, I ought to have those turns to gather AP even if they're the last man standing (flying?). It eliminates a valid part of strategy and cripples the move during endgame. I can't see there being a fairness argument here, either, because you can stun the last character and have it last the expected number of turns, so I'm hoping it's a bug that will be corrected.
  • generalTsobot
    generalTsobot Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options
    wymtime wrote:

This is noted on the first page as a bug (among other airborne bugs):
    Known Issues
    • There is a bug in the airborne functionality that shows an incorrect amount of turns being airborne. The amount of turns being airborne is one less than what is stated. As a result, Nova's power Rocket Man shows the enemy being airborne for three turns but it is actually only two turns, which is the intended amount. We are still investigating a fix this to issue.
    • Heroes will return from being airborne immediately on that player's next turn if there is only one hero left on that player's team. This will be addressed in R95.
  • Cthulhu
    Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
    Options
    Nova icon is now addressed.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Nova icon is now addressed.

icon_nova.png

Confirmed. : )
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When will he be added to heroic/legendary tokens?
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:
    When will he be added to heroic/legendary tokens?

Today, around 3pm.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Data push just put Nova into tokens.
  • Pwuz_
    Options
    And despite hoarding 19 Legendary Tokens, I've pulled 0 Nova covers. Lot of good waiting did for me. At least he's the final Progression in the S.H.I.E.L.D. Simulator.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    And despite hoarding 19 Legendary Tokens, I've pulled 0 Nova covers. Lot of good waiting did for me. At least he's the final Progression in the S.H.I.E.L.D. Simulator.

Although this sucks, it's not surprising. There are enough 4*s in the game now that I think your expected pulls for any single 4* across 19 LTs is less than 1.
  • Pwuz_
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Pwuz_ wrote:

Although this sucks, it's not surprising. There are enough 4*s in the game now that I think your expected pulls for any single 4* across 19 LTs is less than 1.
    The less said about those pulls the better.

My IW was sitting at 2/2/5 before; now she's at 3/2/5 and I've got an extra green cover expiring in 13 days and some number of hours...
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Been running my 4/4/4 Nova with OML and IF for most of the hulk PVE. It works well with OML eating head butts and Daken bombs. Really saves on health packs. Match pink early to make black and go from there. So with running this trio fully for the last 2+ days I've only been able to set off Nova's black stacked power twice. I've been running all subnodes 6 to 7 times each so maybe 50 runs in nodes which have enough time to build ap and try for it and that's it. 2 times. So if I had 5 red I could get another strike tile out which would help since fighting Moonstone and Venom they get matched out. But where would I sacrifice? Yellow is a nice step up for damage from 4 to 5 and if I sacrifice black I lose a bunch of damage there as well. I'm assuming in pvp facing fistbusters black will get matched out too or IF pink will cascade some out. Not sure what to do but wait til I get another cover and max lvl/champ so I can change as needed. Of course with ISO being in short supply it will be a looooooooooong time off.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Pwuz_ wrote:

The less said about those pulls the better.

My IW was sitting at 2/2/5 before; now she's at 3/2/5 and I've got an extra green cover expiring in 13 days and some number of hours...

I'm starting to suspect there's some kind of targeted trolling with IW and Nova seekers. Yesterday I cracked three LTs: IW yellow, Nova red, IW green. Like a **** cookie with a delicious candy filling.