Patch Notes - R92 (01/19/16)

Comments

• D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Grantosium wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]R92 Patch Notes

Like father, like son…

Ah, good. We've been waiting for the classic yellow and brown Wolverine costume to be worn by Wolverine himself.

Nice easy job for the graphics guys as well.

What are you talking about? icon_e_confused.gif
  • D4Ni13 wrote:
    Grantosium wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]R92 Patch Notes

Like father, like son…

Ah, good. We've been waiting for the classic yellow and brown Wolverine costume to be worn by Wolverine himself.

It's a bit of sarcasm mixed in with the observation that 2* Daken wears an old Wolverine costume.

If another Wolverine was introduced wearing the classic yellow and brown costume, not only would we have our 5th Wolverine (Yay! #sarcasm) but the art department could quite easily recycle the graphics for 2* Daken and the father and son duo could be played with nice matching outfits because the son literally dresses like the father. Like father, like son.

Am I really that far away from being able to communicate with normal people?
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Grantosium wrote:
    D4Ni13 wrote:
    Grantosium wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]R92 Patch Notes

Like father, like son…

It's a bit of sarcasm mixed in with the observation that 2* Daken wears an old Wolverine costume.

If another Wolverine was introduced wearing the classic yellow and brown costume, not only would we have our 5th Wolverine (Yay! #sarcasm) but the art department could quite easily recycle the graphics for 2* Daken and the father and son duo could be played with nice matching outfits because the son literally dresses like the father. Like father, like son.

I see. If we wouldn't had a 4 star or 5 star wolverine version, your theory could have been possible, and I wouldn't ask the question icon_razz.gif . But in this circumstances they should be nuts to release another wolverine, and a 4 star Daken is too much in my opinion, he's not that popular, nor he deserves 3 versions when there are plenty of new characters they could bring to the game.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Being able to receive gifts in a bundle is so awesome!!! I'm saving so much time, especially in areas with poor internet reception! I love this update!!! Thanks for putting it in!
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Considering how many people love this facebook rewards update, I guess I should go make some facebook friends.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]R92 Patch Notes
    - The Message of the Day will now only appear once. MotDs can be viewed again from the “Today’s News” button in the Options screen.

For me this button greyed out in the Setting menu, and when I touch it nothing happens.
    Anyone else seeing this?
    Is this because there currently isn't any daily news to hide/show?

I was hoping this option would also get rid of the popup every time you enter an event. I guess it's not considered a "Message of the Day," but still irritating to have to close it every single time I enter an event tab.
    I would think it would have been pretty simple to extend it to include the event popups, which would have made this a whole lot roe useful.
    If combining them is a issue for some reason, (they may not want them to be considered the same type of popup), just make another button that is "show event popups only once".
    Would be nice, but we know how they are in doing updates to make the base game more usable...
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Facebook rewards update is good.

Target switching automatically when you stun someone? Annoying and unnecessary. If I wanted to change targets I'd do it myself, thanks.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nepenthe wrote:
    Target switching automatically when you stun someone? Annoying and unnecessary. If I wanted to change targets I'd do it myself, thanks.

Agreed. I don't like that at all!! I stun the most dangerous enemy, so why would I then want to fight someone else who's weaker and then let that enemy recover?
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    mpqr7 wrote:
    Nepenthe wrote:

Agreed. I don't like that at all!! I stun the most dangerous enemy, so why would I then want to fight someone else who's weaker and then let that enemy recover?

Even worse, you purposefully move someone to the front that you want to get stunned and take a big hit (like OML) cause you know the AI will fire off their powers next turn, but instead they get sent to the back on the stun resolution, and someone else takes the big hit instead.
    Makes it much harder to try and plan ahead who you want to take the stun & them the damage.

It as hardly something that was "broken" and stun resolution has more or less not changed since the launch of the game.
    Absolutely no clue why they changed this, it makes no sense.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Grantosium wrote:
    Could you please rephrase this question with more emoji?
  • Cabol
    Cabol Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Not sure if this guess has been thrown out there yet, what about Baron Helmut Zemo? Cap villian, will be in Civil War movie, goes after the Avengers to avenge his father?
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    Nepenthe wrote:

Even worse, you purposefully move someone to the front that you want to get stunned and take a big hit (like OML) cause you know the AI will fire off their powers next turn, but instead they get sent to the back on the stun resolution, and someone else takes the big hit instead.
    Makes it much harder to try and plan ahead who you want to take the stun & them the damage.

It as hardly something that was "broken" and stun resolution has more or less not changed since the launch of the game.
    It totally works with Daredevil though when you have 2 Billy Clubs pinging round the screen that end up resolving on the same turn, it's no longer a waste of a club. Of limited use yes, but just saved my bacon in a pvp match
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591

Another win for PoolSurfer!

Power suurrrge! [Immune]
    [Match 5] Psychic Feeeeeeedback! [Immune]
    Do you want to Build a Snowman?!? [No, Immune]
    Taek-web-do! I'm invisible! [No you aren't, Immune]
    Billy Club! [Immune] Billy Club! [Immune] Billy Club! [lolImmune]
  • Dwarfsteel
    Dwarfsteel Posts: 55 Match Maker
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]R92 Patch Notes

Like father, like son…

My bet is on Nova (Sam Alexander). His father was a Nova Centurion. Ties in with recent Miles Morales in the All-New, All Different Avengers.
  • BEK023
    BEK023 Posts: 10
    edited January 2016
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]R92 Patch Notes

Like father, like son…

Guys... I was really thinking about this and wouldn't it be FREAKING DOPE if the father and son team was VADER AND SKYWALKER!!!!!!

The new star wars comics are done by marvel after all... man that would be insanely cool. They'd have my money for sure on that pair!!

Both 4 star... both with move sets that match their powers in the movies... oh man that would be sweet
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    BEK023 wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]R92 Patch Notes

Like father, like son…

Guys... I was really thinking about this and wouldn't it be FREAKING DOPE if the father and son team was VADER AND SKYWALKER!!!!!!

The new star wars comics are done by marvel after all... man that would be insanely cool. They'd have my money for sure on that pair!!

Both 4 star... both with move sets that match their powers in the movies... oh man that would be sweet

OML = old man luke

All 3 of his powers are to stare at you silently until you get bored and quit.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Nepenthe wrote:

Agreed! In the recent PvE Mystique`s purpleflag.png and blackflag.png-combo hits the wrong enemy if you are not paying attention to that feature. icon_mad.gif
  • Boommike
    Boommike Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Spoilers for The Force Awakens
    The father-son team is clearly Han Solo and Kylo Ren

You get the medal for first spoiler tag that was used for an actual spoiler that I've seen on this forum.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    From the Bugs Section regarding the Stun Bug in R92:
    JVReal wrote:
    Hey all,

We have identified and resolved the issue internally. The fix will be part of the R93 patch.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Anthony
    Just for clarification, which is the bug and which is the intended feature?

Is the fix going to stop the stunned character from going to the back like pre-R92? Or is it going to allow the character to get stunned, damaged, then moved to the back?

That will help me decide how to feel about the fix.

The functionality that was present pre-R92 has been restored. A hero being moved immediately after being stunned was unintended.

-Anthony
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Black Duke wrote:
    Nepenthe wrote:

Agreed! In the recent PvE Mystique`s purpleflag.png and blackflag.png-combo hits the wrong enemy if you are not paying attention to that feature. icon_mad.gif
    It's particularly interesting that Mystique first stuns the currently active enemy, then assumes the appearance of the enemy that just moved to the front...