Patch Notes - R92 (01/19/16)

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
R92 Patch Notes

Like father, like son…

What’s New
    - Versus action with Squirrel Girl and Black Widow! - PvE adventure with Prodigal Sun!

What’s Changed
    - You can now claim multiple Facebook gifts at once. - The Message of the Day will now only appear once. MotDs can be viewed again from the “Today’s News” button in the Options screen. - Invisible Woman no longer casts
Grant Invisibility when there are no basic Yellow tiles on the board.
- General back-end fixes related to the new Champions feature.
- Potential fixes implemented for “Looking for resources” Android bug.

Comments

• TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Odin, pls.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2016
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Like father, like son…
    5* Daken confirmed! icon_lol.gif
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    What’s New
      - Versus action with Squirrel Girl and Black Widow! - PvE adventure with Prodigal Sun!
    Can you change the "What's New"? It rarely applies, obviously Prodigal Sun and Versus action with SG and BW is extremely old. How about "Coming Up Next!"
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    - Invisible Woman no longer casts Grant Invisibility when there are no basic Yellow tiles on the board.
    Wait what?! I can cast her Invisibility without a Yellow tile?! Hmm.. will this help me beat QS?
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    General back-end fixes related to the new Champions feature.

does this mean we get back to regular damages, not champion"nerf" damage.
    and also iso cost for Devil Dinosaur cost more than a regular 4*. any word on that?
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Like father, like son…
    Smells like Skaar. But I would prefer this one:
    J2_Vol_1_1.jpg
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    wonder if we are going to see a BOSS battle monday.

Thursday pve ends monday and Son is a 7 day and would not start till thursday.. Wonder what is going to fill the gap from monday to thursday
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2016
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Like father, like son…

Squonk, obviously.

:edit: equally obviously, I'm the only Genesis fan on the forum who on reading that immediately carried on with "Not flesh, nor fish, nor bone, a red rag hangs from an open mouth".

Ah, A Trick of the Tail, classic.

:edit 2: And coincidentally up for play today in The Big Listen of 2016, as I'm up to 1976. Right now it's Olias of Sunhillow, then Spanish Train, then A Trick of the Tail and Wind and Wuthering.
  • "David&#91 wrote: »
    Moore"]

What’s Changed
    - You can now claim multiple Facebook gifts at once.

Steam users say thank you. Very helpful.
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    Green Goblin (Harry)
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    I just read the new Nova series, and he follows in his fathers footsteps. Seeing as how we don't have Green Goblin or Iron Patriot in the game, it won't be Harry Osborn. I can't think of any other father-son characters in the Marvel world besides Nova and Daken.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:

Thursday pve ends monday and Son is a 7 day and would not start till thursday.. Wonder what is going to fill the gap from monday to thursday

why would "PS" start thursday and not monday right after unstable?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:

7 day events only start on Thurs
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Like father, like son…

Oh, that is a good one.

I'd love to see Nick Fury Sr, Cable, or even Azazel, but I think now is the perfect time to usher in a new level of play with Franklin Richards as the first 6* character.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:

i thought they mostly ran on a 7 day event that starts on thursday and ends on thursday. maybe they are changing it up?
  • Those are some useful cool adds. I've been wondering now for awhile now why gifts weren't stacked into one notification like attacks.

Shouldn't event rewards fall into this as well? Or is that less feasible for some reason?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    notamutant wrote:
    I just read the new Nova series, and he follows in his fathers footsteps. Seeing as how we don't have Green Goblin or Iron Patriot in the game, it won't be Harry Osborn. I can't think of any other father-son characters in the Marvel world besides Nova and Daken.
    \
    Nova dog from SW Infinity Guantlet! (kidding, but the best char in that entire series)
  • Mawtful wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Like father, like son…

Oh, that is a good one.

I'd love to see Nick Fury Sr, Cable, or even Azazel, but I think now is the perfect time to usher in a new level of play with Franklin Richards as the first 6* character.

Man, I would maybe try to whale a 4* Cable. And as a fervent FTP player, that's saying something. How much is a 40 pack again?
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Like father, like son…
    5* Daken confirmed! icon_lol.gif

Old Man Daken?
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    - You can now claim multiple Facebook gifts at once

I had requested this! I'm quite excited that this is happening! Thanks for putting it in!
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    I'm guessing the father or son have to already be in game for this to count...

Phobos
    Harry Osborne (does an unfightable father count? Is Harry going to be like his dad and just appear in text???)
    Franklin Richards
    Cable
    Quicksilver (if you ignore current in universe)
    Odin
    Skaar
    Sabertooth (in some universes he is Logan's father, in others he is not)

Sam and Jesse Alexander aren't in MPQ, so I don't think we are getting a Nova
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    My money is on Nova or Harry Osborn icon_e_smile.gif.

EDIT: also Onslaught comes to mind (both Magneto and Prof X are in the game).