Human Torch Not Fireproof?

Options
124»

Comments

• Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    CNash wrote:
    Colossus can throw people who would receive no logical benefit from being thrown at high velocity towards the enemy.

Nick Fury, for example. Firing a pistol at someone while flying through the air in their general direction might give him some dubious tactical advantage, while obviously dropping that massive metal throne on the enemy party would probably hurt quite a lot. But Avengers Assemble?

Makes total sense:

Escape Plan. Hey, from up here I can see the way out. Also makes it easier to shoot at someone. Also the speed of the bullet would potentially be slightly faster because I'm already moving pretty fast???
    Demolition. From up here, I can throw bombs all over the place. Then I land on you.
    Avengers Assemble. Obviously you are going to take notice and assemble when the guy flying through the air is yelling. "Hey, that guy on the ground is yelling." "Probably a crazy person, let's go hangout in the executive lunchroom at the tower." "Hey, that guy flying through the air is yelling something." "Someone is flying through the air? I should pay attention to that."

The real question is: why does being thrown through the air negate the AP cost of using an ability?
  • QuizB
    QuizB Posts: 35
    Options
    CNash wrote:
    Colossus can throw people who would receive no logical benefit from being thrown at high velocity towards the enemy.

Nick Fury, for example. Firing a pistol at someone while flying through the air in their general direction might give him some dubious tactical advantage, while obviously dropping that massive metal throne on the enemy party would probably hurt quite a lot. But Avengers Assemble?

Thinking about that, Colossus can throw Deadpool who then throws a whale.

...no wait, that's not bad, that's awesome imagery!
  • stryke
    stryke Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just had Redwing fly away to carry the other Redwing back.
  • ragnarady
    ragnarady Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Options
    It's possibly the best thread I've ever seen here.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If you consider the original metaphors that underlie Spider-man's character, the concept of Web Bandages is both hilarious and disgusting...
  • HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Something fun to see would be Colossus throwing Flaptain and he divebombs, at least that makes sense icon_lol.gif

Also an amusing character interaction is Repulsor Punch to Life of the Party
    "holy **** that was an amazing punch.. thumbs up!"
  • BumpoTheClown
    BumpoTheClown Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    Either Gray Suited Black Widow is really, really, really patient enough for her targets to all happen to move into a straight line...

Or that's a bazooka she's toting around, not a sniper rifle. But nobody bothers to correct her because, hey, Black Widow with a bazooka. Let her call it whatever she wants.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Either Gray Suited Black Widow is really, really, really patient enough for her targets to all happen to move into a straight line...

If GoldenEye taught me anything, it's that targets lining up happens pretty regularly!
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options

Or that's a bazooka she's toting around, not a sniper rifle. But nobody bothers to correct her because, hey, Black Widow with a bazooka. Let her call it whatever she wants.

Magic Bullet. BW was LHO and shot JFK.
  • PeeOne
    PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My observation is.... 2fold

1- when the first caltrops is placed my next move I get it... With all those tiles that is a talent

2 - DD trap tile is placed and the opposition team places a cd or protect tile even if there are 8 red with nothing... It takes out my trap tile!!

Seriously good odds there!!
  • carlito666
    Options
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    Kamala Khan's Embiggened Bash hitting more than 2 targets. (I'm pretty sure that "growing an extra arm" is not in her skillset.)

If she embiggens enough, she could easily bash more than one target.

Kamala Khan "Jet Gatling"
    icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Yes i am one piece fan :c
  • Omega Blacc
    Omega Blacc Posts: 69 Match Maker
    Options
    D3 nerfing Sentry and then giving his best move to Squirrel Girl.

Getting Ambushed when Daredevil is stunned.

Deadpool.

Retribution. 99.9% of these characters cannot die by gunshot. Ironically this is how I'd always drop Galactus.

Goons period. What low level cannon fodder has ever killed a hero? Seriously.

X-23 hunting for opponents clearly in front of her.

Quicksilver taking damage from anything but AoE. Bring back "Avoid" LOL

Ghost Rider's chopper sounds like a dirt bike.

Redwing can pick up CD tiles but Bullseye can't throw them

Fury assembles the Avengers and they come with their weakest loadouts.

Vision taking match damage during Light Density

Blades thirst making him stronger, not weaker
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    udonomefoo wrote:
    I hadn't thought of Bullseye throwing birds at people. Thank you for that mental image.

On the topic of Bullseye throwing animals as weapons, I just remembered this sequence from Sinister Spider-Man #4:

http://imgur.com/a/hyecx

"Left eye or right?"
    "Which will be more challenging?"
    "From this angle? Using a yap dog? Um... left eye."
    "Left, then."
  • Ragnarok taking damage from lightning, Any metal characters hitting Magneto, Ironman 40's recharge supplying teammates with power. Colossus throwing any character that can fly
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Vael6943 wrote:
    Ironman 40's recharge supplying teammates with power.

Reminds me of this thread:

https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32468

Some great stuff in there.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,311 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A kid with a pistol downed my 1,000-suns powerful superhero.