Human Torch Not Fireproof?

Options
Dwarfsteel
Dwarfsteel Posts: 55 Match Maker
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Sooo, here's a head scratcher… short of actually hitting him with the fuel tank or the nozzle with sufficient force… why does a flamethrower hurt the Human Torch?

Note: Before anyone responds with the overtly obvious, not an actual question. More of a rhetorical musing…

Any other odd attacks that shouldn't work out there?

Comments

• Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pro. X taking damage from caltrops
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hendross wrote:
    Caltrops being an AOE
  • Wolverine being knocked out for the rest of the match.

Squirrel Girl "Jumping from above, claws a swingin'" doing more damage based on how many enemy special tiles there are at all.

Web Bandages
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    chamber44 wrote:
    Hendross wrote:
    Caltrops being an AOE

I think he is referring to the fact that Pro X is in a floating wheelchair and caltrops are small traps that are on the ground.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I feel like there are probably a ton of them. But with EoTS on, the first one that came to mind was:

Gorgon's Gaze against Daredevil
  • stowaway wrote:
    I feel like there are probably a ton of them. But with EoTS on, the first one that came to mind was:

Penance Stare against Daredevil
  • Koffitok
    Options
    chamber44 wrote:
    Hendross wrote:
    Caltrops being an AOE

I think he is referring to the fact that Pro X is in a floating wheelchair and caltrops are small traps that are on the ground.
    But also the idea that caltrops is an AOE doesn't make sense. only one person sets off the trap, that should be just them getting hurt by the caltrops.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Retribution being able to kill Wolverine, Juggernaut, etc.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Kamala Khan's Embiggened Bash hitting more than 2 targets. (I'm pretty sure that "growing an extra arm" is not in her skillset.)
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    colwag wrote:
    stowaway wrote:

Penance Stare against Daredevil

Radar Sense cannot detect traps x_x
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    Kamala Khan's Embiggened Bash hitting more than 2 targets. (I'm pretty sure that "growing an extra arm" is not in her skillset.)

If she embiggens enough, she could easily bash more than one target.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Avengers Assemble against any of the Avengers
    Mystique shapeshifting into Mystique
  • DaveR4470
    Options
    DaveR4470 wrote:

If she embiggens enough, she could easily bash more than one target.

Good point!
  • ShadowX1984
    Options
    Call the Storm damaging... Storm?
  • chamber44 wrote:
    Hendross wrote:
    Caltrops being an AOE

To be fair, his MPQ art has him in a firmly grounded wheelchair.

So like, maybe he pops a tire or something.

Also:

Iron Fist's Exquisite Technique persisting after he's knocked out or stunned. Talk about doing Kung-Fu in your sleep...
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    colwag wrote:
    Iron Fist's Exquisite Technique persisting after he's knocked out or stunned. Talk about doing Kung-Fu in your sleep...
    Same goes for Luke Cage's Unbreakable skin protecting the entire team... even if he's knocked out or stunned.

And just to be clear, D3/Demiurge, we are not complaining about these abilities -- please don't take away Iron Fist's attack tile or Luke Cage's protect tile. They're awesome. (They don't make any sense if you think about them... but we're totally fine not thinking about them too much.)
  • DaveR4470
    Options
    And just to be clear, D3/Demiurge, we are not complaining about these abilities -- please don't take away Iron Fist's attack tile or Luke Cage's protect tile. They're awesome. (They don't make any sense if you think about them... but we're totally fine not thinking about them too much.)

I wouldn't worry about that. The whole game doesn't make sense if you think about it. "Iron Man, hit Loki with your repulsor beams!" "I can't, Natasha, an unseen entity hasn't collected an arbitrary number of red gems yet!"
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Caltrops doing damage at all. They were normally used to slow down pursuers or cavalry (maybe AP drain would actually fit as a a better gimmick). Rarely did they actually do significant damage...but don't tell Kishu ninjas from MPQ that.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Storm taking damage from Thor's Call the Storm ability?

Hulk taking damage from anything....
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Venom makes the entire team vulnerable to fire. Fire includes Iron Fist's kung-fu.
    Unbreakable skin protects Luke Cage and his entire team from Psychic Feedback.
    Pheromone Rage gives Daken's team an advantage by altering his enemies' mental state. Bullseye can then pick up that altered mental state and throw it with pinpoint accuracy.