Human Torch Not Fireproof?

Comments

• Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    udonomefoo wrote:
    I hadn't thought of Bullseye throwing birds at people. Thank you for that mental image.

I've always been amused by the idea of Kingpin sending exploding suicide bomber birds at his opponents as well.
  • And still, the silliness of a completely abstracted game still gets me now and again ... such as when I was stunning Hulkbusters in the Miles PVP.

Really? It's a suit of powered armor ... for a suit of powered armor! Didn't its brilliant billionaire inventor incorporate any kind of basic environmental protections? And isn't Hulkbuster supposed to be space worthy? How is venom from a kid's hand stunning the occupant?

The occupant is temporarily incapacitated due to laughter at the feebleness of the attack. icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Call the Storm damaging... Storm?

In this case it is metaphorical damage caused to the icon_storm.pngicon_blackpanther.png relationship as the frequent calls from icon_thor.png are starting to make her husband jealous.
  • ragnarady
    ragnarady Posts: 70 Match Maker
    udonomefoo wrote:
    I hadn't thought of Bullseye throwing birds at people. Thank you for that mental image.

x9ve9.jpg

These guys.
  • Boommike
    Boommike Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    chamber44 wrote:
    Hendross wrote:
    Pro. X taking damage from caltrops
    Caltrops being an AOE

Ninja teammates not taking damage when they trigger caltrops
  • LHammer
    LHammer Posts: 104 Tile Toppler
    The Hood can:
    - Intimidate Captain America's shield to fly faster
    - Intimidate Molotov Cocktails to burn faster
    - Intimidate Daredevil's clubs to fly faster
    - Intimidate X-Force Wolverine to heal faster
    - Intimidate Iceman's snowman to melt faster

And don't forget that Bag Man can Snark the opposite effect. "Hey you snowman! Quit melting all over the place."
  • drcassino
    drcassino Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    I love how Mystique can confuse the opposing team by shapeshifting into Mystique.
    Or how Falcon can inspire:
    *Luke Cage's Skin to be harder
    *Ant-Man's little friends to bite harder
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    drcassino wrote:
    I love how Mystique can confuse the opposing team by shapeshifting into Mystique.

Falcon also inspires Iron Fist's exquisite technique to be even MORE exquisite. That's a lot of exquisite.
  • drcassino
    drcassino Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Sm0keyJ0e wrote:
    drcassino wrote:

Falcon also inspires Iron Fist's exquisite technique to be even MORE exquisite. That's a lot of exquisite.

Or how Redwing can swoop down, and fly off with Cage's skin, or Phoenix's Cosmic Egg, or annoy Wolverine just enough that he can't recover.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    LHammer wrote:
    The Hood can:
    - Intimidate Captain America's shield to fly faster
    - Intimidate Molotov Cocktails to burn faster
    - Intimidate Daredevil's clubs to fly faster
    - Intimidate X-Force Wolverine to heal faster
    - Intimidate Iceman's snowman to melt faster

And don't forget that Bag Man can Snark the opposite effect. "Hey you snowman! Quit melting all over the place."

I just figured that all the snark makes Iceman feel a lot more punchy.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    drcassino wrote:
    Or how Redwing can swoop down, and fly off with Cage's skin...

Just.... beautiful
  • azmadu
    azmadu Posts: 63 Match Maker
    And why is it that Wolverine and Daken have healing but Hulk does not?

How many times have Hulk and Wolverine gone toe to toe and they both heal as fast as each other and yet there's nothing like that for hulk in game (yes admittedly they made hulk heal twice as fast after he's ko'd but he should be healing just like wolverine in game).

HULK is the strongest one there is, and he ain't wrong!
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Orion wrote:
    Warbringa wrote:
    Storm taking damage from Thor's Call the Storm ability?

Do you know what happens to a Storm who's struck by lightning?

The same thing that happens to everything else.

She's actually INVULNERABLE to all forms of NATURAL weather manipulation, so.........
  • HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    drcassino wrote:

Or how Professor X can use his mind to make Luke Cage's skin harder

There's a joke in there somewhere
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    HxiiiK wrote:
    drcassino wrote:

Or how Professor X can use his mind to make Luke Cage's skin harder

There's a joke in there somewhere

I think the kids call that a mindkitty.
  • Uninspired
    Uninspired Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Iceman being able to turn iceman into a snow man. I'm still trying to figure that one out.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    edited January 2016
    morph3us wrote:
    CNash wrote:
    Bullseye can throw many unlikely things, including...
      Luke Cage's skin (does he shed it?) Iron Fist's "best kung fu" Birds, courtesy of the Falcon The still-burning remnants of a Molotov Cocktail Doctor Doom's demons Hailstones (individually?)

Adding to that list:
      Nick Fury's Escape plans (paper cut!) Black Panther's Battle plans (death by 1000 paper cuts) Thing (just in general, since I presume he interposes himself between the threat and the target) Bits of Hulkbuster's suit Old Man Logan (again, probably the whole person, since I think his claws don't come off.) A thirsty vampire Spider-Man's Spider Sense

If I finish you off, I feel great satisfaction, leading to myself and all of my teammates dealing more damage in combat.
    I can then pluck that sense of accomplishment out of the air and throw it at you.

Contract Killer indeed.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    drcassino wrote:

Also, Mystique getting stunned when the other Mystique is shapeshifted into Mystique. Though maybe that's the only thing that makes sense. "Wait, you could have turned into anyone to try and confuse us, but you chose to copy me, your identical twin in every respect, thus making you look absolutely no different?" [stunned]
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Buret0 wrote:
    morph3us wrote:
    CNash wrote:
    Bullseye can throw many unlikely things, including...
      Luke Cage's skin (does he shed it?) Iron Fist's "best kung fu" Birds, courtesy of the Falcon The still-burning remnants of a Molotov Cocktail Doctor Doom's demons Hailstones (individually?)

Adding to that list:
      Nick Fury's Escape plans (paper cut!) Black Panther's Battle plans (death by 1000 paper cuts) Thing (just in general, since I presume he interposes himself between the threat and the target) Bits of Hulkbuster's suit Old Man Logan (again, probably the whole person, since I think his claws don't come off.) A thirsty vampire Spider-Man's Spider Sense

If I finish you off, I feel great satisfaction, leading to myself and all of my teammates dealing more damage in combat.
    I can then pluck that sense of accomplishment out of the air and throw it at you.

Contract Killer indeed.
    One more, the mean words of Doc Oc
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Colossus can throw people who would receive no logical benefit from being thrown at high velocity towards the enemy.

Nick Fury, for example. Firing a pistol at someone while flying through the air in their general direction might give him some dubious tactical advantage, while obviously dropping that massive metal throne on the enemy party would probably hurt quite a lot. But Avengers Assemble?