Comments

• stryke
    stryke Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options
    chamber44 wrote:
    Hendross wrote:
    Pro. X taking damage from caltrops
    Caltrops being an AOE

I always figured that they were freaky Hand ninja high explosive caltrops.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Warbringa wrote:
    Caltrops doing damage at all. They were normally used to slow down pursuers or cavalry (maybe AP drain would actually fit as a a better gimmick). Rarely did they actually do significant damage...but don't tell Kishu ninjas from MPQ that.

Imagine if Caltrops did AP drain rather than damage. I'm not sure what would be worse.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Warbringa wrote:
    Storm taking damage from Thor's Call the Storm ability?

Do you know what happens to a Storm who's struck by lightning?

The same thing that happens to everything else.
  • Cypr3ss
    Cypr3ss Posts: 155 Tile Toppler
    Options
    colwag wrote:
    Iron Fist's Exquisite Technique persisting after he's knocked out or stunned. Talk about doing Kung-Fu in your sleep...
    Same goes for Luke Cage's Unbreakable skin protecting the entire team... even if he's knocked out or stunned.

With Luke, (cause he's just knocked out right, he's not dead) I like to imagine the team using him as a human shield while he's unconscious, carrying him around icon_e_smile.gif And when/if the protect tile gets destroyed, that's just the team going 'u are way to heavy to lug around anymore' icon_e_biggrin.gif

Regards,
    Cypr3ss.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pheromone Rage gives Daken's team an advantage by altering his enemies' mental state. Bullseye can then pick up that altered mental state and throw it with pinpoint accuracy.

Bullseye can throw many unlikely things, including...
      Luke Cage's skin (does he shed it?) Iron Fist's "best kung fu" Birds, courtesy of the Falcon The still-burning remnants of a Molotov Cocktail Doctor Doom's demons Hailstones (individually?)
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bullseye and Daredevil fighting in a winter storm with Bullseye plucking hailstones out of the air mid-fall and using them as weapons would be an awesome comic.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I hadn't thought of Bullseye throwing birds at people. Thank you for that mental image.
  • morph3us
    Options
    CNash wrote:
    Pheromone Rage gives Daken's team an advantage by altering his enemies' mental state. Bullseye can then pick up that altered mental state and throw it with pinpoint accuracy.

Luke Cage's skin (does he shed it?) Iron Fist's "best kung fu" Birds, courtesy of the Falcon The still-burning remnants of a Molotov Cocktail Doctor Doom's demons Hailstones (individually?)

Adding to that list:
      Nick Fury's Escape plans (paper cut!) Black Panther's Battle plans (death by 1000 paper cuts) Thing (just in general, since I presume he interposes himself between the threat and the target) Bits of Hulkbuster's suit Old Man Logan (again, probably the whole person, since I think his claws don't come off.) A thirsty vampire Spider-Man's Spider Sense
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    udonomefoo wrote:
    I hadn't thought of Bullseye throwing birds at people. Thank you for that mental image.

He's thrown (well, spit) orange seeds at cockroaches before.
  • morph3us wrote:
    CNash wrote:

Adding to that list:
      Nick Fury's Escape plans (paper cut!) Black Panther's Battle plans (death by 1000 paper cuts) Thing (just in general, since I presume he interposes himself between the threat and the target) Bits of Hulkbuster's suit Old Man Logan (again, probably the whole person, since I think his claws don't come off.) A thirsty vampire Spider-Man's Spider Sense

Professor X's Psychic Help
    Venom's overly aggressive strategy
    Sentry's ultimate sacrifice
    Invisible Woman's bubbles
    Invisible Woman's invisibility
    The wounds left by Ant-Man's Ants
    Microscopic Pym Particles
    The openings Captain Marvel leads.
    A Muscular thug's threats.
    Smoke
  • QuizB
    QuizB Posts: 35
    Options
    colwag wrote:
    morph3us wrote:
    CNash wrote:

Adding to that list:

Professor X's Psychic Help
    Venom's overly aggressive strategy
    Sentry's ultimate sacrifice
    Invisible Woman's bubbles
    Invisible Woman's invisibility
    The wounds left by Ant-Man's Ants
    Microscopic Pym Particles
    The openings Captain Marvel leads.
    A Muscular thug's threats.
    Smoke

Also he throws his own enjoyment at killing someone.
    Yep. He's weaponised his own crazy.
  • QuizB wrote:

Also he throws his own enjoyment at killing someone.
    Yep. He's weaponised his own crazy.

To be fair, he may just be throwing his cash he got for the kill at people.

Also, his own alternate self's bones.
  • BumpoTheClown
    BumpoTheClown Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    Mystique shapeshifting into Rocket and Groot. Unless she carries a stuffed raccoon around with her, just for the occasion.

Colossus doing a Fastball Special with Professor X. Although I guess that could do some damage on the receiving end.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    colwag wrote:
    So like, maybe he pops a tire or something.

I dunno why but this really made me chuckle. Just this image of Charles rolling into battle, popping a tire and grinding to a halt as he looks at the wheel with a sad, dejected puppy dog expression like a child who dropped his ice cream.

Maybe I'm just a horrible human being, who knows?
    I am.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So we all know that 2/3 Thor and 4 Thor can't be on the same team because "only 1 Mjolnir", right? And Banner Hulk can't be on the same team as Cho Hulk because " comic book continuity must be preserved", right?

But I can have 2/3 Thor in a team with Sam Wilson Cap, even though Thor shouldn't have Mjolnir at this time.

Edit: To clarify, Sam Wilson Cap is contemporary to 4 Thor. If comic book continuity is important, then that pairing shouldn't be allowed. If you want to play "alternate realities" then there's no reason Thor can't team up with Thor.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cypr3ss wrote:
    colwag wrote:
    Iron Fist's Exquisite Technique persisting after he's knocked out or stunned. Talk about doing Kung-Fu in your sleep...
    Same goes for Luke Cage's Unbreakable skin protecting the entire team... even if he's knocked out or stunned.
    With Luke, (cause he's just knocked out right, he's not dead) I like to imagine the team using him as a human shield while he's unconscious, carrying him around icon_e_smile.gif And when/if the protect tile gets destroyed, that's just the team going 'u are way to heavy to lug around anymore' icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Regards,
    Cypr3ss.

Hehe, that's the way I like to imagine the team handling an unconscious Luke Cage. Ditto for Iron Fist - they're mad that he passed out halfway through the fight, so they are swinging his unconscious body at the enemy like a baseball bat out of frustration.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,309 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    2* Bullseye's adamantium skeleton growing ever stronger and somehow protecting the team.
    Psychic attacks affecting Magneto and Juggernaut even with their helmets on.
  • morph3us
    Options
    Puce Moose wrote:
    Ditto for Iron Fist - they're mad that he passed out halfway through the fight, so they are swinging his unconscious body at the enemy like a baseball bat out of frustration.

Even unconscious, he's an exquisite baseball bat.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    udonomefoo wrote:

x9ve9.jpg
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The Hood can:
    - Intimidate Captain America's shield to fly faster
    - Intimidate Molotov Cocktails to burn faster
    - Intimidate Daredevil's clubs to fly faster
    - Intimidate X-Force Wolverine to heal faster
    - Intimidate Iceman's snowman to melt faster