POLL: Should Championing Start at Max Level, or 13 Covers?

1235»

Comments

• Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    This system seems like it should be fine the way it is if they would only make one little change, remove expiry dates from covers and stop needlessly punishing people if the RNG decides to hate them.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    New fact to mention, I've got 72 3* covers in my queue, spread over 30 characters. I have 0 166 3*, they're all 140. And I still am in favor of how the system is set up. All those covers will be converted to ISO, but I've got a deep, diverse roster with multiple dupes, a choice I made that I'm still ok with, in light of the intro of Champions. Would I like to apply all those covers to a Champion? Sure, but I am ok with why I am not able to.
  • Crowl
    What they should do is allow people to use covers to level up characters before they his max level, but simply don't give any special rewards for doing so, this would enable people to get to max level quicker and at the same time reduce the amount of annoyance caused by the RNG giving you yet another dupe for your 5/5/0 character since at least you would be getting 1 level instead of just 500 iso.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    As people have been talking about it, I like that idea. I've got an extra IW cover in my stash that would be worth 1278 instead of 1000... Not a big difference but better once levels are in the 2k+ range. There's no way I'm going to find the 250k+ to champion her before it expires.

It's funny because that's how the game was at launch (beta maybe?). One cover = one level (even before ISO was a thing!). E.g. to fully level someone (to 50, regardless of rarity) you'd need 50 covers, 20 at most could be in each color. at 10 covers, powers were as effective as 3 ranks are now, 20 was 5, and that's where the 13 cover thing evolved from, and why the level cap increases are so weird. That was before my time. I hardly remember the time when 3* started at 15.

What I'm saying is, the game's come a long way. People love to freak out about things but the game'll survive.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    The way it is setup is fine. I fail to see how a character can be classed as a champion unless they at maximum strength already. Why should a level 40 13 cover 3* be classed as a champion when say a level 150 12 cover 3* can't? To me the ability to champion a character is a bonus to that character for reaching its full potential.
  • Crowl
    Linkster79 wrote:
    The way it is setup is fine. I fail to see how a character can be classed as a champion unless they at maximum strength already. Why should a level 40 13 cover 3* be classed as a champion when say a level 150 12 cover 3* can't? To me the ability to champion a character is a bonus to that character for reaching its full potential.

Some of the suggestions being made are to not penalise people who have just been unlucky with the rng.
  • kalex716
    kalex716 Posts: 184
    Crowl wrote:
    This system seems like it should be fine the way it is if they would only make one little change, remove expiry dates from covers and stop needlessly punishing people if the RNG decides to hate them.

Database space is probably a concern. I have like 200 covers opened right now with a burn down time going, and when i try and scroll through that **** its gnarly....

That being said, they should find a way to optimize for more space, so we can have longer burn times. Embed some sort features, so we can organize our prizes when we need to sort through and manage them (by time, star type, even character etc.).

Or my favorite, give us a bank we can store like 5 covers in that never expire. Let us buy more space with money if we need to. You'd be giving the playerbase a HUGE win here, and also opening up a small, but new revenue line for yourselves.
  • Crowl
    Maybe one alternative would be to let people apply the covers to the hero in question and they simply do nothing until you eventually max that character and unlock it as a champion.