Cthulhu: Where are you?

Comments

• wymtime wrote:
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Hello everyone. I apologize for my lack of communication, but I have been busy with the short amount of time working on this project to insure that the steady stream of new characters does not slow down or falter. .

Would it really be a bad thing to slow down the release of new characters? Wouldn't it be better to release a buff of some old characters so we have something to use champion stuff for? How about awarding more ISO in the game since we are going to be spending a ton of ISO on championing 1,2,3,4* characters.

There is a lot more to adjust in game compared to making sure we have a shinny new 4* that will not be useful for the majority of the player base in July or August. Just saying.

For what it's worth, they DID mention buffing the old 3*s during this year and all, and doing something about the 20 iso.

But, well.

New Characters are the biggest stream of income, and anything short of the game literally falling apart at the seams, are the thing that is Development Priority #1.

Even when somebody wanted live PVP, Ice said something along the lines of "If we were to implement this, it'd take multiple years to program, and the only new characters we'd be able to release would have all the same, boring, no new mechanics."

aka, even in the hypothetical "Put all our manpower into a new feature" scenario, they still needed to release new characters.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    TLCstormz wrote:
    As I had originally surmised, you all take the "Red Name" status thing WAY too seriously.

Do y'all remember that one time someone found / posted a few shots of a diverse group of people in a hallway wearing blue D3 shirts, or whatever?

Some people were responding that those were probably just the family members of the huge and elaborate staff, but the very first thing that I thought of was that these people are more than likely the customer service reps that we speak to who just copy and paste everything.....who are ALSO probably some of the red names...who are ALSO some of the programmers, themselves. lol

I really, really do not believe this is a big company. And this new red name saying that they THEMSELVES are wearing all of these different kinds of hats just further proves that this company is really more of an up and coming think tank or a Kickstarter project or GoFundMe team or a bunch of college friends getting together to create their very first app.

Just felt like putting that possible dose of reality out there. If you truly think that D3GoSega would hire people FULL TIME to do NOTHING but post on the internet.....uhm.......

Hi,

Not sure if this is meant as humor, but I'd like to clear up a few points as there's a ton of misinformation there.

D3 Go! and Sega are separate companies and are not inter-connected or related.

D3Publisher (aka D3 Go!) is owned by Bandai Namco.

The Puzzle Quest series itself is nearly 10 years old. D3 has a long history of releasing a wide variety of fun and successful games. If interested, you can read up a bit at Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D3_Publisher

Thanks!
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    Since we know reds are reading this...can we at least get a general idea of when championing will take effect? A week? Less? More? No specifics, I guess, but a general idea would be good. I know my line of work if I told a customer "soon" that would not be enough.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cthulhu wrote:
    insure that the steady stream of new characters does not slow down or falter.
    First time in my life I've ever wished to not have a steady stream...
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Not sure if this is meant as humor, but I'd like to clear up a few points as there's a ton of misinformation there.

Thank goodness... amid all the stuff flying around this thread, this was the one thing I really needed to have cleared up...
  • "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    TLCstormz wrote:
    As I had originally surmised, you all take the "Red Name" status thing WAY too seriously.

Do y'all remember that one time someone found / posted a few shots of a diverse group of people in a hallway wearing blue D3 shirts, or whatever?

Some people were responding that those were probably just the family members of the huge and elaborate staff, but the very first thing that I thought of was that these people are more than likely the customer service reps that we speak to who just copy and paste everything.....who are ALSO probably some of the red names...who are ALSO some of the programmers, themselves. lol

I really, really do not believe this is a big company. And this new red name saying that they THEMSELVES are wearing all of these different kinds of hats just further proves that this company is really more of an up and coming think tank or a Kickstarter project or GoFundMe team or a bunch of college friends getting together to create their very first app.

Just felt like putting that possible dose of reality out there. If you truly think that D3GoSega would hire people FULL TIME to do NOTHING but post on the internet.....uhm.......

Hi,

Not sure if this is meant as humor, but I'd like to clear up a few points as there's a ton of misinformation there.

The Puzzle Quest series itself is nearly 10 years old. D3 has a long history of releasing a wide variety of fun and successful games. If interested, you can read up a bit at Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D3_Publisher

Thanks!

That's an impressive list of games. Not a bunch of shovelware. For real im not being facetious. But can I flame u personally for cancelling 100 Bullets?? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    I was just curious to see if he'd talk about whether the real estate market in R'leyh has recovered, because... well, let's just say I made an ill-advised investment in a timeshare...
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    I was just curious to see if he'd talk about whether the real estate market in R'leyh has recovered, because... well, let's just say I made an ill-advised investment in a timeshare...

Sure, it's a bit damp, but on the bright side, those two weeks in R'lyeh are gonna feel like an eternity.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Cthulhu wrote:
    We will definitely not be releasing Champions today.

Farewell, sweet BP covers. So close, yet so far.

Had to sell my Cage cover. next up: cmag. icon_mad.gif
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    DaveR4470 wrote:

Sure, it's a bit damp, but on the bright side, those two weeks in R'lyeh are gonna feel like an eternity.
    I thought that market was flooded.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal wrote:
    DaveR4470 wrote:

I thought that market was flooded.

It's been a bit of a sleeper hit in real estate, yes.
  • Not.a single person in this thread has brought up that we dont have a JANUARY SNEAK PEEK!. The one thing that allows me to plan who im leveling and how much time i have to do it.

Mr.Cthulhu, if youre that busy just copy and paste the info in a message to me and ill type it up. Its rather frustrating playing the game with no advance warning of whos event is coming and whos weekly powered up.

I miss you Ice
  • DrLemniscate
    DrLemniscate Posts: 55 Match Maker
    If you look on the user pages for David and Cthulhu, they have the same time last visited. Last night at 9:42.

Conspiracy theorist says David logged on to Cthulhu's account to appease the masses.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,389 Chairperson of the Boards
    puppychow wrote:
    Cthulhu wrote:
    We will definitely not be releasing Champions today.

Farewell, sweet BP covers. So close, yet so far.

Had to sell my Cage cover. next up: cmag. icon_mad.gif
    Hey, look at the bright side. That's some ISO you can pump into levels for another potential champion. icon_lol.gif
  • Cthulhu
    Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
    I don't think dave has cthulhu's password. We have only been back three days from the holidays, I will review what Ice used to post for previews and work on putting something up asap.
  • Another quick response to a burning question on everyone's mind!
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cthulhu wrote:
    I don't think dave has cthulhu's password. We have only been back three days from the holidays, I will review what Ice used to post for previews and work on putting something up asap.

I don't want to sound rude but IceXI said you have been under his wing for quite some time, I would assume this would have been something he would have showed. Nonetheless, thank you for looking into this. The biggest problem on the forums is the lack of communication from the Reds, especially prior to big changes to the game. We hope this can be improved.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Another quick response to a burning question on everyone's mind!
    well, this one will be much more useful to us at least, even if it doesn't define a clear answer to the "question that shall not be asked".

don't ask me why I did that. I guess I figure if we aren't going to get an answer, it shouldn't be asked... blegh
  • I want my January Sneak Peek!!! icon_evil.gif
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cthulhu wrote:

You are henceforth required to always speak of yourself in the third person, because it's funny, and because I said so.