Cthulhu: Where are you?

Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Cthulhu wrote:
I plan to add plenty of red name posts!

This was quoted from IceIX's replacement Cthulhu on Ice's retirement post 3-weeks ago. Since Cthulhu has made this statement, s/he has not been around except to update Venom's stats. While everyone can understand there were no reds during the Holidays, it is disappointing that Cthulhu did not make an appearance during the announcement of the new Champion feature. This is a huge change to the game and yet no reds were around to answer our questions/concerns. One thing I loved about IceIX was that during big announcements he would make himself available, even when the playerbase was outraged (e.g. 2nd Anniversary).

This was Cthulhu's chance to add plenty of red name posts but we were left in the dark. We appreciate it when a red talks to us about the game. Most of us have a ton of questions about Championing, along with other potential features mentioned in Kabir Hemrajani's interview with Gamecritics:

- Are there any plans to "buff" older characters?
As you may be aware, the most popular build for Ironman (Model 40) is 5/5/2 because his Yellow is horrendous at higher covers. Therefore, we would not be able champion him with the build most of us actually want but if his skills were revised to bring IM40's skills to the current 3* meta, he could be more usable. The same goes for Psylocke, Spiderman, etc.. Championing still does not help these characters because there's little to no reason to dump iso into max leveling them.

- Any chance we can take our duplicate covers and transform them to the needed color for that character?
Championing does not address us pulling duplicate covers for our 4*'s from Legendaries. I have a Red Hulk at 1/5/5 but guess what, I have pulled an additional Green and Purple covers, so even if I wanted to Max Level him, I keep pulling duplicate covers preventing the Champion feature to make unneeded covers useful (besides iso sell). This also applies to 3*s, but it stings more when opening a LT. Obviously this is more of a wish list, but maybe there is something in the works.

- Is there any plan for players with duplicate characters?
Most of us made dups for multiple builds but now with Championing, we can re-spec characters, eliminating duplicates, for the most part. Any chance we can merge our duplicate characters with our maxed characters to champion them? Again, another wish list but many of us took the time to build duplicates so it would be great if something was done.

- Can we expect more Iso flow?
We've heard the Iso shortage would be addressed but it does not look like Championing is the answer since we have to max level our characters then spend an additional amount of Iso to Champion, so is there any upcoming feature in the works? Perhaps finally eliminating 20 Iso for PVE! Or even another Iso Reduction like last year. Heck maybe some players would possibly purchase Iso if it wasn't so expensive. $100 cannot even max level anyone.

- Can we expect two separate PVE/PVE events: Competitive and Casual?
With Championing in place, it seems to continue the old saying "the rich get richer". It is becoming more difficult to reach top spots for needed rewards. Sure Championing helps players with lesser rosters but still helps players with good rosters as well. At 2+ years, there most be a widespread of different level players, perhaps it would be best to separate us.

- Kabir Hemrajani's mentioned a new 4* token at 20 CP.
Is this simply the Legendary token reduced from 25 to 20 CP or will there be a new token? I am assuming it was meant to be a new 3* and up token for 20 CP or you can buy a 4* cover at 20 CP. Any clarification?

I am sure many players have other questions and concerns. We would love if a red could drop by to speak with us. Cthulhu, please grace us with your eldergod presence.

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming...
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Probably napping in his house at R'lyeh, as usual.

Edit: great minds... icon_mrgreen.gif
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Did anyone else see this thread name and sing-song it in their heads to the tune of the Scooby Doo theme song? No? Just me?

Right, I'm off then! icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Coppertouret
    Coppertouret Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    Bumping in an effort to get more upvotes on op. I have also been a little upset at the lack of promised red name posts.

I believe in transparency between the developers and player base, but I feel like Cthulhu going completely invisible is a little too transparent.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    So funny I was just about to call him out too.

They don't want people to read spoilers but this communication is awful.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    tanis3303 wrote:
    Did anyone else see this thread name and sing-song it in their heads to the tune of the Scooby Doo theme song? No? Just me?

Mystery Inc. has already handled it.

sd05.jpg
  • BumpoTheClown
    BumpoTheClown Posts: 74 Match Maker
    tanis3303 wrote:

As the squamous eldritch tentacles of the indescribable horror coiled lugubriously around her unsoiled neck, squeezing rhythmically in time with the fading heartbeat of the elder beast, Velma gasped her very last "Jinkies!"

"Zoinks!" replied Shaggy. But there were none left to hear the ravings of the idiot man-child, alone in the Machine of Mystery.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I posted a similar thought in the reveal announcement, IceIX would at least hang around and do some Q&A, Dave post and ghost, cthulhu just ???
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    1. Find ye the Necronomicon.

This step is often difficult, as the Necronomicon, written by the mad Arab Abdul Alhazred, is rather a pain to try and locate. According to H P Lovecraft, there are only a few copies in existence, most of which are kept under lock and key by those who would try to stop you from unleashing unwholesome blasphemies on the world (heaven knows why). A good place to look is in New England's Miskatonic University, although exact directions to the university are sadly not forthcoming.

That's unfair. I don't see why I must needs obtain the Necronomicon just because that's the Elder Gods' PREFERRED worship style. Will I even be reimbursed for travel to Miskatonic University? Once again the loyal worshippers are the ones getting screwed.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,310 Chairperson of the Boards
    maybe they lost their health insurance and had to go to the marketplace..... those who had to do it this year know what im talking about... They are problaly still on hold since dec 12 2015
  • Boommike
    Boommike Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Hello, I just added Miles Morales Spider-Man and Venom Eddie Brock (to the character wallpapers thread)!

S/He's done more than just update Venom stats...

(Red text my own)
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Bumping for visibility. Ice definitely would have chimed in by now and given us some details and answered questions.
  • Cthulhu
    Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
    Hello everyone. I apologize for my lack of communication, but I have been busy with the short amount of time working on this project to insure that the steady stream of new characters does not slow down or falter. I have also been busy helping to resolve issues and ban cheaters.

So while I may not be super busy in the forums yet, I will be communicating regularly especially with features I have actually been a part of developing. Please understand, I have really only worked on this project for about a week and a half due to the holidays.

For now, cthulhu is assessing the current state of the project, rather then stepping out and crushing everything randomly.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Hello everyone. I apologize for my lack of communication, but I have been busy with the short amount of time working on this project to insure that the steady stream of new characters does not slow down or falter. I have also been busy helping to resolve issues and ban cheaters.

So while I may not be super busy in the forums yet, I will be communicating regularly especially with features I have actually been a part of developing. Please understand, I have really only worked on this project for about a week and a half due to the holidays.

For now, cthulhu is assessing the current state of the project, rather then stepping out and crushing everything randomly.

Thanks for the update. When is Championing going live?
  • Cthulhu
    We were waiting for R91 to go live which happened today and then discussing the official release. I will give an update as soon as I have an actual date, it is very soon!
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Cthulhu wrote:
    We were waiting for R91 to go live which happened today and then discussing the official release. I will give an update as soon as I have an actual date, it is very soon!

Thanks for the update. So, it's safe to say it won't be today then?
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    My banked cyclops yellow is starting to feel like a death row inmate waiting at the eleventh hour for the governors pardon...
  • Cthulhu
    We will definitely not be releasing Champions today.