Cthulhu: Where are you?

Comments

• Noobulator
    Noobulator Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    Cthulhu wrote:
    We were waiting for R91 to go live which happened today and then discussing the official release. I will give an update as soon as I have an actual date, it is very soon!

Correct answer is today!
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Cthulhu wrote:
    We will definitely not be releasing Champions today.

Bummer.

Thanks for letting us know.
  • Noobulator
    Noobulator Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    Cthulhu wrote:

Let the **** begin!
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Hello everyone. I apologize for my lack of communication, but I have been busy with the short amount of time working on this project to insure that the steady stream of new characters does not slow down or falter. I have also been busy helping to resolve issues and ban cheaters.

So while I may not be super busy in the forums yet, I will be communicating regularly especially with features I have actually been a part of developing. Please understand, I have really only worked on this project for about a week and a half due to the holidays.

For now, cthulhu is assessing the current state of the project, rather then stepping out and crushing everything randomly.

Hi Cthulhu, we're happy we were able to summon your presence! Thanks for coming out to give us an update. We look forward to hearing more from you regarding the new Champion feature.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Cthulhu wrote:

Farewell, sweet BP covers. So close, yet so far.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,323 Chairperson of the Boards
    I know that you guys hate committing to dates that you are not 100% sure of being able to meet, but could you tell us if there's at least a chance that it will drop tomorrow, however minimal?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Your communication skills are quite lacking.
    Please elaborate and address the questions in this and other threads.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    Your communication skills are quite lacking. Please elaborate and address the questions in this and other threads.

Rude and aggressive. Definitely a surefire strategy to ensure smoother communication. Way to go, tiger.
  • Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    Cthulhu wrote:

Sucks, pretty irritating to manage 200-300+ covers manually when it takes so long to scroll to the bottom of queue to sell them.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    El Satanno wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    Your communication skills are quite lacking. Please elaborate and address the questions in this and other threads.

Rude and aggressive. Definitely a surefire strategy to ensure smoother communication. Way to go, tiger.

We have to establish dominance over the new Red. Otherwise he'll beg for table scraps and have his way with our legs. Now, somebody put him back in his crate.
  • blinktag
    blinktag Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Hello everyone. I apologize for my lack of communication, but I have been busy with the short amount of time working on this project to insure that the steady stream of new characters does not slow down or falter.

I think I speak for many when I say we actually want you to slack a little bit on that point. Pretty please?! Very, very low on the community's priority list, I suspect.

"ensure", btw...
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    edited January 2016
    As I had originally surmised, you all take the "Red Name" status thing WAY too seriously.

Do y'all remember that one time someone found / posted a few shots of a diverse group of people in a hallway wearing blue D3 shirts, or whatever?

Some people were responding that those were probably just the family members of the huge and elaborate staff, but the very first thing that I thought of was that these people are more than likely the customer service reps that we speak to who just copy and paste everything.....who are ALSO probably some of the red names...who are ALSO some of the programmers, themselves. lol

I really, really do not believe this is a big company. And this new red name saying that they THEMSELVES are wearing all of these different kinds of hats just further proves that this company is really more of an up and coming think tank or a Kickstarter project or GoFundMe team or a bunch of college friends getting together to create their very first app.

Just felt like putting that possible dose of reality out there. If you truly think that D3GoSega would hire people FULL TIME to do NOTHING but post on the internet.....uhm.......

P.S.
    This is not a shot at David in any way, since, in my opinion, he has proven to be the ONLY trustworthy, honest, down to earth one, out of all the reds / greens / etc.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    blinktag wrote:
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Hello everyone. I apologize for my lack of communication, but I have been busy with the short amount of time working on this project to insure that the steady stream of new characters does not slow down or falter.

I think I speak for many when I say we actually want you to slack a little bit on that point. Pretty please?! Very, very low on the community's priority list, I suspect.

I believe that comment about "steady stream of characters" was an attempt at humour.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Mawtful wrote:
    blinktag wrote:
    Cthulhu wrote:

I believe that comment about "steady stream of characters" was an attempt at humour.

Gosh, I hope so.
  • biryon
    biryon Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
    All the forumgoers will look up and shout, "Give us the Champion feature!"

...and I'll look down, and whisper, "No."
  • Eichen
    Eichen Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    Dam that steady stream of new characters!
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    Cthulhu wrote:
    We were waiting for R91 to go live which happened today and then discussing the official release. I will give an update as soon as I have an actual date, it is very soon!
    Why hype up a feature for a revision that's the only real feature people are waiting for if it won't be released at the same time? Why not put it as r92 and not say anything even if it's in the code? Like preordering a console game to pick it up at 12am date of release only to be told "well, here's the packaging and cover art, come back for the game next week". Just doesn't seem to make sense.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    El Satanno wrote:
    fmftint wrote:

We have to establish dominance over the new Red. Otherwise he'll beg for table scraps and have his way with our legs. Now, somebody put him back in his crate.

Don't forget to rub his nose in it first.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mawtful wrote:

No. It's a central pillar of the business plan.

I get that, but remember that Cthulhu is replacing IceIX an employee of D3 - the publisher - not Demiurge - the developer. I read the line as sarcastic - verging on satirical - "gotta make sure those new characters don't slow down, I know how much everyone loves that, am I right guys?" *wink wink*. An attempt to be "one of us" - IceIX did that sort of stuff all the time and everyone loved him right up to "you're supposed to lose".

It's poorly executed, since it's a little too grounded in reality, and there's no follow up. Our little Great Old One has a lot to learn.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Hello everyone. I apologize for my lack of communication, but I have been busy with the short amount of time working on this project to insure that the steady stream of new characters does not slow down or falter. .

Would it really be a bad thing to slow down the release of new characters? Wouldn't it be better to release a buff of some old characters so we have something to use champion stuff for? How about awarding more ISO in the game since we are going to be spending a ton of ISO on championing 1,2,3,4* characters.

There is a lot more to adjust in game compared to making sure we have a shinny new 4* that will not be useful for the majority of the player base in July or August. Just saying.