Y'all wanna buy a vowel?

People who annoy you:
    N.GGERS

(SP classic)
    Good old south park
  • Exitium wrote:
    start out new and have no way of catching up

Catch up to what?

I don't understand what exactly you think you are missing out on by not cheating or paying. You still win rewards, you still get a daily sense of progression, you still get that same dopamine fix when you get something rare/new. It's all the same treadmill for everyone, whether you choose to go at walking speed or running speed.

This isn't some quasi skill-based game where you can 'become the best'. It's a bunch of people putting in a lot of hours beating the same dumb AI in different ways.

The only thing cheating or paying does in a game like this is just hasten the point to where you get burned out by it. It's like running to the edge of a cliff, instead of strolling to it.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    Exitium wrote:
    start out new and have no way of catching up

Catch up to what?

I don't understand what exactly you think you are missing out on by not cheating or paying. You still win rewards, you still get a daily sense of progression, you still get that same dopamine fix when you get something rare/new. It's all the same treadmill for everyone, whether you choose to go at walking speed or running speed.

This isn't some quasi skill-based game where you can 'become the best'. It's a bunch of people putting in a lot of hours beating the same dumb AI in different ways.

The only thing cheating or paying does in a game like this is just hasten the point to where you get burned out by it. It's like running to the edge of a cliff, instead of strolling to it.
    new people to catch un in the ranking yes they are playing against ai but the people who control that ai the players that do tourneys andmatches and gain scrore they have to compete with there characters/teams with their begining teams
  • Exitium wrote:
    new people to catch un in the ranking yes they are playing against ai but the people who control that ai the players that do tourneys andmatches and gain scrore they have to compete with there characters/teams with their begining teams

Yea, but with MMR, you are not fighting against those people as a newbie. As evident by the last month or so, many low ranked players are taking top spots in all the (bracketed) tournaments competing WITH those high-leveled players. Even achieving scores (and progression rewards) that others can't even get close to.

So yes, in the unbracketed tournaments (like Elite and Lightning) a new person is 'left behind', but those tournaments weren't designed with the new player in mind (which is why they don't have progression rewards).

--- // --

You claim you want to 'enjoy the game casually' but seem very focused on the winning and having more than everyone else. Which is where your drive to 'catch up' comes from.

That's not casual, man.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    Exitium wrote:

Yea, but with MMR, you are not fighting against those people as a newbie. As evident by the last month or so, many low ranked players are taking top spots in all the (bracketed) tournaments competing WITH those high-leveled players. Even achieving scores (and progression rewards) that others can't even get close to.

So yes, in the unbracketed tournaments (like Elite and Lightning) a new person is 'left behind', but those tournaments weren't designed with the new player in mind (which is why they don't have progression rewards).

--- // --

You claim you want to 'enjoy the game casually' but seem very focused on the winning and having more than everyone else (which is where you drive to 'catch up' comes from).

That's not casual, man.
    Yeah im encompassing every aspect of the game not just my side i had recommended it to a few people bu they said the game feel like they will never catch up which led to them uninstalling
  • @Exitium Do you have a disability that prevents you from using periods? If so, is it the same one that prevents you from being a decent human being?
  • gobstopper wrote:
    @Exitium Do you have a disability that prevents you from using periods? If so, is it the same one that prevents you from being a decent human being?
    What defines a decent human being ?
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Exitium wrote:
    gobstopper wrote:
    @Exitium Do you have a disability that prevents you from using periods? If so, is it the same one that prevents you from being a decent human being?

someone that contributes to others
    i.e. not you
  • Puritas wrote:
    Exitium wrote:
    gobstopper wrote:

someone that contributes to others
    i.e. not you
    And how do you contribute if I may ask ?
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I work in a charity...
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    gobstopper wrote:

No need to be harsh. I'm assuming he's typing on his phone, which is a pain in the **** and punctuation often takes a backseat.

Exitium wrote:
    Yeah im encompassing every aspect of the game not just my side i had recommended it to a few people bu they said the game feel like they will never catch up which led to them uninstalling

Yea, well these types of games aren't for everyone. Some people need that 'instant gratification' or constant measurable progression.

So anyways, now that you've 'caught up', is it worth it? To me, it would feel like playing chess with 16 Queens.
    Puritas wrote:
    I work in a charity...

Paying alimony for a divorce doesn't count. j/k
  • Exitium wrote:
    902ghz.jpgI get the same problem matches with 0 point value i play on my phone it's annoying

xcnqlz.jpg

I'm surprised nobody has said this but...You are cheating the game and can't even get first place!?!? You even suck as a cheater! icon_lol.gif
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    sms4002 wrote:
    I'm surprised nobody has said this but...You are cheating the game and can't even get first place!?!? You even suck as a cheater! icon_lol.gif

C'mon now. Don't wanna make it too obvious...
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    gobstopper wrote:

No need to be harsh. I'm assuming he's typing on his phone, which is a pain in the **** and punctuation often takes a backseat.

Exitium wrote:

Yea, well these types of games aren't for everyone. Some people need that 'instant gratification' or constant measurable progression.

So anyways, now that you've 'caught up', is it worth it? To me, it would feel like playing chess with 16 Queens.

It was worth it i got to use so many characters and see which ones are worth the price people are paying for them which ones aren't. also all the upcoming nerfs im sure the people who paid to get spidey up to max level are gonna be a little pissy along with the people that paid for thors and then he got nerfed hard.
    Puritas wrote:
    I work in a charity...

I take care of elderly dogs and dog walk senior dogs since they get the least love. for most people they all only want puppies
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Why are there not high level seed teams for situations like this?
  • Puritas wrote:
    I work in a charity...
    If they pay you, it's not charity! icon_razz.gificon_e_wink.gif
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    Catch up to what?

This is sort of profound. The weirdest thing about this game is that all the skill comes in the meta game and there is actually very little skill in the actual game. Can you get better at matching and ability selection against the AI? Probably, but it won't matter much at all. You can cheat the **** out of this. Can you get better at manipulating MMR, tanking, shielding, playing at the right time, resetting stacks correctly, entering tourneys at the right time, picking a good defensive team, opponent selection, having the right characters for PvE's, for late pushes, early pushes, etc.? Absolutely, and I submit that it will make 10x more difference than whether you know what color to match when. Cheating doesn't actually help you here at all, even though that's where I find the true competition and skill in the game, though I find it sad that the vast majority of players aren't even playing the meta, mostly because it's so opaque.

When WalkYourPath did his elite tournament breakdown, his post (which was incredibly generous to the community) said nothing about when to match what colors or when to use what abilities (your only real in game choices). It talked all about when to shield, when and whom to fight, and what characters to present.

I would love to see what happened if everyone were given the same roster and same shielding opportunities and same amount of playing time for a single tournament.
    i.e. For one tourney, everyone gets a 3hr and an 8 hr shield, any set of any configuration of 4 maxed 1*'s and 3 total hours of playing time (including healing runs). Everyone starts at even MMR which is unaffected by other play (no tanking in other events). That would interest me SO much more than whatever it is we have right now.