That Hulk fight

Options
124»

Comments

• Phaserhawk wrote:
    Thanks for the thumbs up. You are right there is a little redundancy, but....sometimes multiple options are nice, do I stun with C.Storm or Heal with OBW. If you line it up so OBW generates the extra purple you can get Polarity Shift going off faster, you can't get OBW to be blue no matter what because of the C.Storm boost, but yeah, I generate lots of cascades and locking down hulk for 4 turns while you go after the other two and build blue back up is a God Send.

You technically have a full rainbow of abilities although you don't use Black or Yellow AP. The team is strong in every color, which helps a lot.
  • Afrocigar
    Afrocigar Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options
    I used 60-C. Storm/60-Daken/85-OBW and had very good success. They were level 186 for me. This was my 4th attempt and team. I tried variations of OBW with heavy hitters like my 85-Thor/81-Astonishing and would get wiped. My thinking was to get sustained damage from strikes and the bonus provided by OBW, not necessarily get healing. I was also stealing blues for the Storm stun. Also keep a close eye on that Hulk red, whatever you do deny him red.
  • Just took it down. All lvl 230s, I used IM40 105, C Storm 85 and OBW 77. Got a lucky board, lots of blue and red to begin with. Stunned Hulk as soon as I could, but otherwise ignored him in favour of taking out IW. 2nd stun did take out IW, and then the Analyst fell in short order. By this point Hulk was at circa 10k. One further stun, and I had built up 30 red. Two unibeams later, and that was pretty much that.

Tried it again, same team, and one lucky cascade fort he AI resulted in them getting 9 red, and around 8 blue/yellow in one go. A couple of matches later and Storm was gone. After that.... Doomsday.
  • Sucks when invisible woman uses her invisible woman glitch power and you can only target one opponent.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    After trying this with other teams, I finally figured out a fast way to tackle these guys.

Spidey / Venom / mStorm. Let Venom devour the Hulk. Venom can also eat devil dinosaur.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Despite heavily boosting my team this morning I lost 3 times due to **** board. ****
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MikeHock wrote:
    Sucks when invisible woman uses her invisible woman glitch power and you can only target one opponent.

She has won over me a couple of times because of this glitch icon_e_sad.gif I hope they solve it soon (I couldn't match her yellow tile and I didn't have any player with cascade powers, it was like receiving a stunlock)

I have lost this fight today for the first time (after 4-6 retries), a combination of very bad luck and two red hulk attacks in a row to my spidey (it killed him of course). I allmost won but even with the patch red attack and his regeneration this level 230 hulk has two many HP (I have a 4/4/5 Patch and for the first time I hoped he was 3/5/5).
  • Some previous sub IW was quite nasty going invisible with few hundred health, then summoned forcefields that locked up the board completely along with huge shield.... minions generating proper AP, nasty icon_e_wink.gif
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MikeHock wrote:
    Sucks when invisible woman uses her invisible woman glitch power and you can only target one opponent.

OMG YES!!!
    Seriously! If I could just change my focus to the stupid Media Analyst, I can usually win that fight...Ok perhaps not usually, but often enough to have put myself within striking distance of that Yellow Patch cover in the rewards. I'm just over 1000 away from snagging it!