That Hulk fight

Options

Comments

• Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Options
    I get a little thrill when Punisher finishes off hulk at 8k health.

I've gotta get some pleasure out of 5 red Punisher covers!
  • Just beat it with 53 C storm 50 moonstone and level 20 hood on 2nd time. Not really bad fight if you can take IW out fast. First time ai got miracle cascade and storm died in second turn.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    rabican wrote:
    Just beat it with 53 C storm 50 moonstone and level 20 hood on 2nd time. Not really bad fight if you can take IW out fast. First time ai got miracle cascade and storm died in second turn.

Are they all 230's for you? Just curious.
  • hsk808
    hsk808 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I think they went up to level 230 after I beat it twice.
  • Much easier for me than doom magneto Loki fight. Still trying to remember what I used for this one. For hulk I do obw Spider-Man and patch or punisher. Not bad on 230
  • Used my same ol team and wiped it pretty easily.
    Doom
    Hood
    Spidey.
    Strategy obvious.

My hulk is lvl 102 and I still find it easier to fight him in this match than fight with him against other 230's.
  • rabican wrote:
    Just beat it with 53 C storm 50 moonstone and level 20 hood on 2nd time. Not really bad fight if you can take IW out fast. First time ai got miracle cascade and storm died in second turn.

yeah all 230s. Hood has 1-5-1 covers so his level didnt really matter, just fee ~2k raging tempest when i matched enviroment tile with him.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    rabican wrote:
    rabican wrote:

yeah all 230s. Hood has 1-5-1 covers so his level didnt really matter, just fee ~2k raging tempest when i matched environment tile with him.

Ok, my Hood only has 3 blue covers so I would never be able to use him in this or any event really. The villain covers have been a biyatch for me to collect. If Doom were buffed for this sub event I would be murdering every opponent.
  • chamber44 wrote:
    DaveyPitch wrote:
    mags1587 wrote:
    DaveyPitch wrote:
    I can beat it really easily using a 60 Spidey, 20 Venom and 10 MN Magneto. Using a couple of boosts its really easy to lay down 6 web tiles and let Venom Devour them. It's funny as hell watching a 20k health Hulk go down in one move. I've done it 3 times now pretty easily.

I just tried this with Venom, Spidey, and Punisher. You're right, it's hilarious. And made for a pretty simple battle.

Yeah, I kinda wish I'd discovered it earlier, it makes for some fairly trivial fights.
    so what you're telling me is that I should have kept 10 of the 87 Venom covers i have sold in the past two months? sigh.

Yep. I mentioned this in the Venom thread in the characters forum but at least in matches where you're abusing Spidey's stunlock Venom's devour has become the most efficient way to chew through these boosted level 230s with outsize HP. Punisher's red is nothing by comparison. And MN Magneto's purple ability is almost certainly the best way to quickly rack up the blue AP (and thus the web tiles) you need.

I mean, it's 12 blue tiles and 12 black tiles per kill. Good luck killing a guy with 20k hp using less matches and less AP than that. With the help of MN Magneto you'll almost certainly get that much blue with 9 purple tiles- so even less matches required per kill...

It's possible that this is the best killing combination for anything but trivial matches, although frankly it's kinda boring to do over and over again (but hilarious the first few dozen times).
  • Just tried it with only 3-Blue Spidey.

HAHAHA

Yeah. Only feasible with 5 in blue.
  • The spidey/ venom combo would be funier if venom could still devour the entire enemy team. In those days he was useful. But I suppose if he's your only option, he's still viable.
  • Ha! Beat hard mode w/o a stunner!

85 OBW 5/5/3
    85 MN. Magneto 4/5/4
    90 Hood 5/5/3

Did not need to use polarity shift. Used Magnetic Flux and Intimidation to whittle down opponents. Used aggressive recon to steal AP (denied special moves). Used twin pistols to blow away countdown timers/grab specific AP. I had plenty of blue to stay fully healed.
  • Spidey, IM40 and Punisher is easy mode. 9K Retributions are nice icon_e_wink.gif
  • patch,spidey and IM40... my best combo so far and havent fail to help me maintain #1 spot with 10k point difference.. though i know that a bit rubberbending will eventually allow #2 follow behimd me icon_lol.gif
  • Bugpop wrote:
    Ha! Beat hard mode w/o a stunner!

85 OBW 5/5/3
    85 MN. Magneto 4/5/4
    90 Hood 5/5/3

Did not need to use polarity shift. Used Magnetic Flux and Intimidation to whittle down opponents. Used aggressive recon to steal AP (denied special moves). Used twin pistols to blow away countdown timers/grab specific AP. I had plenty of blue to stay fully healed.

Mhee, I think ppl use spidey as a crutch mentally too much. Hardest enemies are the high lvl team.of 3 minions usually because one bad tile location without someone like magneto (either) or hood and you are in trouble. That and green heavy characters on the desert. Vs. High lvl hood and 2 competent other characters is kinda irritating too. Honestly, that last hulk fight was one of the easiest of all the subs for the whole event. With stun its a joke. Without it, its still quite doable as the analyst isnt very scary and neither is iw...so many combos work here(though hood+obw is pretty much just going a slightly diff rout than stun with the "no ap for you method."

For speed/safety I am running magneto, spidey, punisher...but I've used a few other groupings sans spidey and punisher just to have a little fun.

Side note: I knew hoods yellow was good, just needed a lower ap cost, but the more I mess with him.the more I think its fine as is and still good. I mean, Ive had times I grabbed 6-9 yellow with it. Too much lower than 15 and it risks comboing into itself. Also, hood works well with spidey because you try to not eat the yellows anyway so hood is constantly building the yellow for you to use his yellow to grab a few of a color you need or just shift the board. And about board shifts...punisher's green has really grown on me. Sometimes I will use it solely for its board shift quality actually lol...before I thought it was a negetive or neutral at best.
  • I had no problem, even the usual ones -- hulk was okay to take like 700 pts without anger, so needed not even bother to eliminate my own punisher strikes.
  • If you want safe way to do that fight - Punisher, Spiderman, OBW. OBW in my eyes is better than IM40 simply because of her Purple. But I guess even Hood would do for extra blue generation.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You guys proved that a good selection of levelled up roster certainly do help... hope that devs collected the necessary data to show no more nerfing is needed!
  • nadarath wrote:
    If you want safe way to do that fight - Punisher, Spiderman, OBW. OBW in my eyes is better than IM40 simply because of her Purple. But I guess even Hood would do for extra blue generation.

I think I used Punisher/OBW/CStorm -- occasional 4-turn stun is enough.
    But with Hulk that big stun is less important, smaller ones got angered on molotov, not here.
  • radiopy
    radiopy Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I tried the battle (they are all at level 230) with my "powerhouse" team of Punisher 97, OBW 85 and Daken 69 (has worked quite well so far) and failed miserably every time. Two ways I've beaten these guys without losing hardly any health and a few powerups:

Daken 69/MN Magneto 40/C Storm 65
    Spidey 70/MN Magneto 40/Venom 1

With the first batch, I boost purple and blue, +3 to all, and immediately make a purple match. MN Magneto does his blue thing, causes some cascades to IW, reasonable damage, not too bad. Daken is there for strike tiles. Then C Storm blows out Hulk, and depending on the cascades, I occasionally have a few blue left over to stun IW as well. Rebuild the purple, rinse and repeat.

With the second batch, I do the same boosts, except also the green/black. Immediately make a purple match, spam blue with MN Magneto. If the cascades caused enough black to fall, I stun IW and analyst to get to six web tiles and have Venom devour Hulk immediately. Play as usual, spamming blue with MN Magneto and stunning, then devouring IW. Rinse and repeat, devour analyst.