That Hulk fight

Options
octagon69
octagon69 Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
That hulk fight is pretty unfair.

Even regular mode.... you know the one I'm talking about.

Comments

• The one with Hulk as an enemy? Patch Spidey OBW. Done.
  • And when you dont have spider-ham or OBW ?

Yeaaah having bit of trouble with this one too. Earlier big were a lot easier for me.

patch
    ares
    C/M storm
    moonstone
    Cap
    doom

aand bunch of **** level/cover heroes.

Guess i'll try uh Moonstone/cap/storm with all the boosts i can find
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just did it with Cap/IM 40/Daken on Hard.

I took some boosts with me to make sure IM could fire off his first recharge early. After that, just kept stunning Hulk so that the agent was using up Red AP and focused on matching blue and yellow - starves IW and powers more recharges and stuns.

Edit: Clarified Hard Mode.
  • Your only choice appears to be to use Capt/Daken and a 3rd Hero and stockpile AP as you take out the other two, then stun Hulk and unload on him.

Or, if you can maintain a consistent stun on Hulk that'll be better, but also more unlikely unless you've IM40 as above.

I used Option 1 as my IM40 only has L1 Recharge.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I do feel it's kinda nasty for them to put the boosted character on the other side XD
  • It's only 1000 ISO. I'm not bothering with it. I'm getting too tired of the grind to bother with something like this.
  • Katai
    Katai Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Classic Storm, Marvel Now Magneto, and Iron Man 40.

Basically just gather blues and try to perma stun him. Prioritize purples for Magneto's ability, then blues, then yellows. Use Storm's blue on Hulk every time.
  • STUN.
    ATTACK.
    STEAL.
    STUN.
    ATTACK.
    STEAL.

You MUST have Spidey, C-Storm, or Captian A for stun. Even M-Hawkeye will do. I highley recommend Spidey (stun him repeatedly) or C-Storm (damage + stun) though. I also recommend using Obw to gain the extra ap.
  • I used GSBW/Spidey/Doom.

You just have to stun Hulk before he uses red or green on your lower health chars and then kill IW while stunning hulk.

They were all 230's on my first attempt. Hulk with 20k health is rather riduclous
  • I actually enjoy fighting this battle. I've beaten it 3 times and lost twice so far but its a good challenge without being totally impossible. My team was a lv85 C. Storm, lv85 OBW and a lv56 Daken. I boost a purple/blue stockpile and 10% all match bonus and another random color damage booster.
  • I can beat it really easily using a 60 Spidey, 20 Venom and 10 MN Magneto. Using a couple of boosts its really easy to lay down 6 web tiles and let Venom Devour them. It's funny as hell watching a 20k health Hulk go down in one move. I've done it 3 times now pretty easily.
  • hsk808
    hsk808 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This one takes me forever because I don't have any really high level characters yet. My best ones are Modern Storm (L50), Modern Black Widow (L40), and Thor (L65). If I use only the two-color stockpile boosts I have maybe a 35% chance of winning. If I throw in the all-color stockpile boost then my win rate goes up to about 75%. It's all about getting a lucky board and surviving the first couple of turns (intense!), then grind for the next half-hour (ultra-boring). I wish I could find more Spiderman covers. His stun lock that everyone keeps talking about sounds really useful...
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DaveyPitch wrote:
    I can beat it really easily using a 60 Spidey, 20 Venom and 10 MN Magneto. Using a couple of boosts its really easy to lay down 6 web tiles and let Venom Devour them. It's funny as hell watching a 20k health Hulk go down in one move. I've done it 3 times now pretty easily.

I just tried this with Venom, Spidey, and Punisher. You're right, it's hilarious. And made for a pretty simple battle.
  • mags1587 wrote:
    DaveyPitch wrote:
    I can beat it really easily using a 60 Spidey, 20 Venom and 10 MN Magneto. Using a couple of boosts its really easy to lay down 6 web tiles and let Venom Devour them. It's funny as hell watching a 20k health Hulk go down in one move. I've done it 3 times now pretty easily.

I just tried this with Venom, Spidey, and Punisher. You're right, it's hilarious. And made for a pretty simple battle.

Yeah, I kinda wish I'd discovered it earlier, it makes for some fairly trivial fights.
  • optimiza
    optimiza Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I just managed to do it on normal with MN Mags, M Widow, and Daken. It's not the safest thing, but it worked well for me. Daken tanks purples to set up a polarity shift, get a bunch of blues, stun Hulk, hopefully take out IW quickly, then keep going purple-blues as necessary while Hulk is stunned. Have Daken take the odd pistol shot if necessary. Takes a while, but with a bit of luck you can take Hulk down without him getting a turn. My MN Mags was 2/3/3 but got smacked around a little bit.

The MHawk idea is decent too. MHawk, MN Mags, Daken would work decently well too. Ideally your MHawk is at higher levels than MN Mags so that he could get AP and Avoid as necessary. Mags and Hawk overlap colors so Daken would effectively be tanking everything.
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    DaveyPitch wrote:
    mags1587 wrote:
    DaveyPitch wrote:

Yeah, I kinda wish I'd discovered it earlier, it makes for some fairly trivial fights.
    so what you're telling me is that I should have kept 10 of the 87 Venom covers i have sold in the past two months? sigh.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Don't have a decent Spidey or Daken, so back to my trusty ** trinity with boosts. Should have levelled Thor for tanking tho. Oh well!

h6xLgrG.jpg
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    I just finished this fight...it took WAY to long...but that's what the devs want apparently, fights that take a day and a half to complete (exaggeration) I beat this one with 105 Spidey, 103 GSBW, and 80 IM40. It was still a slog, but the 2500 ISO and the 3500 points I received are a plus. Beating it took me from out of the top 50 to 22nd.

I am starting to get burned out though. I'm at 134,016 overall, which is currently 5th in my bracket. I was hoping to reach 200K, but I don't think I have the drive to get there anymore. Being ahead of Morphy was nice while it lasted though!
  • i actually dont think this fight is bad at all, there are harder ones for me lol i use Daken (69) c. Storm (67) and Wolvie (85) and no boosts and its pretty easy for me. i get rid of the other 2 first using regular attacks then use Storm's blue power twice, her green once and Wolvie's red and Hulk is toast
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I gave in to temptation

Marvel Now Magneto, Spier-man and Punisher. Magnetos only role is feeding bluw to spidey. Punisher eventualy kills everyone.