80+ Legendaries

1235»

Comments

• Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Raffoon wrote:
    Aaaaand......... championing does nothing to address this.

*clomp* *clomp* *clomp*

That's me, one step closer to the door.

This game never fails to disappoint.
    Why does taking one step make three distinct sounds?
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Raffoon wrote:

*clomp* *clomp* *clomp*

He is clumsy.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Actually it was 1 step and 2 hops in the same spot.
  • Hayek
    Hayek Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Raffoon wrote:

I was really hoping it would. I didn't think it would address luck based progression, but I thought it would at least help narrow the ridiculous power gap between 4* and 5*. I thought maybe 370s, even if they are an extremely long term goal, could at least last a few rounds against 450s. But then they double down on the ridiculousity and allow 5*s to go up to 550. And although I love the idea of being able to change covers at will, does it matter to a max level OML how your 4*s are covered? No.

It kinda feels like a money grab. Like someone asked the question "what are we gonna do when our super whales have 13 covered 5*s?" - and someone replied "make it so they need 113!" You know they're going to make a ton of money out of this. The people at the bottom of the luck curve are probably just acceptable losses.

As for me - I have a huge stock pile of tokens that I'm going to open when the next season starts. If D3 is so fond of RNG, then let it decide whether I quit or stay. And although their mentality may be that they've already milked me for all I'm worth, so good riddance.. if I leave on this sour note I know I'll never be playing another D3 game again, probably Sega too.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Raffoon wrote:

*clomp* *clomp* *clomp*

He is clumsy.

He is a horse.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Raffoon wrote:

*clomp* *clomp* *clomp*

Which is a 0 on the surprising scale. It was never going to address token luck.

They are going to address it, since they keep mentioning it. Question is whether it's addressed before it stops mattering because of other changes (hint: no)
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon wrote:

*clomp* *clomp* *clomp*

Which is a 0 on the surprising scale. It was never going to address token luck.

They are going to address it, since they keep mentioning it. Question is whether it's addressed before it stops mattering because of other changes (hint: no)

They keep mentioning it? I don't think that I've even heard it acknowledged. In fact, they plan to release more 5*s, further diluting the pool for when you do finally draw a 5*.

I didn't think that it would address it, but I held out a glimmer of hope that it would somehow help.

Now, we can wait another 6 months while they dream up a half-solution to this problem. FUN!
  • Raffoon
    Opened another 10 tokens today. At this point I must be close to 100 tokens opened. Still only 3 5*s drawn total.

This is ridiculous. Who thought it was a good idea to make it so that some people couldn't progress in the game solely due to chance?
  • Raffoon
    I hear Saturday night is alright for fighting.

10 more pulls this week. Still no more 5*s.

After the Devs track dog **** all over their respective domiciles, I hope some wild dogs come in and eat their dinner up, like that scene from A Christmas Story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cFHAJ5asMk

Thanks again for designing such an asinine system to distribute the top tier rewards.