80+ Legendaries

Options

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mpqr7 wrote:
    I would say that you'll eventually get the 5*s that you need
    That's not true at all. Probability dictates that a lot of people will always be at the wrong end of the bell curve, regardless of how much time and effort you put into this game.
  • itsmahvelbaby
    Options
    people who are insane enough to throw thousands or even tens of thousands at a f2p mobile game SHOULD be better at it, no matter what.

that being said, i pity everyone, even those hollywood producers, who spent such amounts in any game.

yet i think, that 4* are becoming more and more the meta of the game and u will be able to play new combos with old and seemingly useless 4* that work

5*, in my opinion, should TOTALY be based on luck and u shouldnt even be able to spent ANY amount of currency to buy covers for them; yes, they are THAT strong.

it will take YEARS before 5*teams become meta and i think thats good.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Last night I opened two legendary tokens, for a total of 9 since they were introduced. First pulled a 4 star.png I didn't have already (First time, as all previous legs gave me a cover to add to my existing characters, that had 1 cover each before).
    Second token gave me Silver Surfer redflag.png . I don't know what to do with it. I've read enough stories of epics screwing the scaling of low level players, and my level is low (soft-capped 94, but not so soft as just 4 or so of my 3 star.png can surpass 94 anyways and none is complete yet).
    I wish I could trade it. It would help someone who can deal with a character of that level, and maybe I would get one or two covers to make my 2-cover Wolverine or Starlord a little more usable.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    people who are insane enough to throw thousands or even tens of thousands at a f2p mobile game SHOULD be better at it, no matter what.
    Given that they're keeping the game free, I wouldn't argue. What I do argue about is that if two F2P players earn 80 tokens, one shouldn't end up with 3 5*s while the other ends up with 15.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    it will take YEARS before 5*teams become meta and i think thats good.
    um, no. spend some time above 1K and you'll realize just how many 5*s in the mid 300-levels there are. there's a crapload. most players just have 1, but 1 at 350ish (with a top tier 4*) its enough to float with no attacks pretty high (1200-1300 = my experience). the "meta" game is that 1K+ game and it is filled with 5*s. 4*s are the becoming the core at this point.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Man that has to suck.
    I just finally finished optimally covering my first 4*, with my other two that I plan to use sitting at one color.
    I can't imagine having to only depend on the 5* cover to remain competitive, since my lowly 3* team still lets me hit the 1k mark just fine.

icon_e_sad.gif You have my sympathy.
  • RWTDBurn
    RWTDBurn Posts: 291
    Options
    They have to introduce a streak buster.. I threw thousands in the game lately, going from buyers club to buyers clubs with no result.. Im on a 70 lt pulles without a 5* usable (i had a dupe ss though) while i saw others keep getting 5* after 5* with a tenth of what i drew .. They must guarantee a 5* every 20 token (thats still a 5% odd, half of what they advertise).. Like that you know your efforts and your money are not worthless like now.. The frustration is at an all time high everywhere and i cant count the number of high end players ready to leave because of that.. Once again letting rng decides end game is absurd..

This can't be stressed enough. If they are going to continue to base access to 5*s on luck of the draw then there needs to be a streak buster in there. I went over 40 LTs in between 5* drawers and nothing was more frustrating. Prior to today, I had drawn only 4 5*s out of 87 LTs and I had planned on starting a "Countdown to Quitting" post once I got to 4 for 90 and if I hit 100 without getting that 5th 5* I was going to uninstall the game and walk away. Fortunately I pulled one today to bring my super awesome total to 5 for 88! I'm still way below that 10% mark but at least it curbed the desire to quit for now. A streak buster needs to be added so that nobody falls below a 5% draw rate.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Question, and i just noticed this when going over my own personal numbers.. how many tokens did you draw before OML.. when the % was only 5%? Those need to be taken out of any equation that is being applied to the 10% draw rate.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Question, and i just noticed this when going over my own personal numbers.. how many tokens did you draw before OML.. when the % was only 5%? Those need to be taken out of any equation that is being applied to the 10% draw rate.
    The % has always been 10%.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    pretty sure when it was just SS, the SS% was 5%, not 10%. that is why so many (me included) hoarded LTs until OML came out and the overall 5* pull rated upped to 10%. that's how I remember it.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    pretty sure when it was just SS, the SS% was 5%, not 10%. that is why so many (me included) hoarded LTs until OML came out and the overall 5* pull rated upped to 10%. that's how I remember it.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32578

yup, only 5% at the start.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I stand corrected.
    Could have sworn it was 10% for Surfer, then a constant 10% even after adding the other 5*s.
    Thanks for digging up that thread, I just went through 35 pages of forum drivel trying to find that.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:

Personally, I hoarded until OML came, so I had 18-19 to open in my first batch.

Definitely a valid point, though.

P.S. Thanks for not locking this so far. I honestly didn't expect that this topic would last more than an hour, but apparently other people also feel frustrated and have been posting actual constructive opinions.
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    Options
    This is not a spending issue, this is primarily a distribution issue among those that do the "hard" work. Of course spending thousands should be elite in the game, no doubt there, but it is the other silent majority that suffers.

Imagine this, season after season you hit every prog in PvE, every 1300 and collect all the season prog and alliance awards. You are putting in the time and effort to achieve the top the game offers. The prize? Random luck. One guy opens 40 LTs and gets a bunch of useless/duplicate 4* and another guy gets 4 OML covers. Why is that fair? The first guy has made virtually no progress while the second guy has now forged ahead and can push higher and higher in the game with much less stress.

Fix that. All we ask.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Options
    i haven't had as bad of luck as some here, I've pulled 5 OMLs. Problem is, none of them were yellow, so he's not usable unless I have a pile of healthpacks to burn.

With the completely random distribution, there's zero way of guaranteeing that I'll ever get that yellow cover that I need to make him usable. Every legendary token is about a 1% chance that I'll pull that cover.

I have a pretty great 4* roster. I've put a good amount of money into the game. But now the only way I can compete with the 5* players is to get lucky. I've played almost two seasons now with zero meaningful advancement. Honestly, how do the developers think that feels? It's even worse for the people who have spent more or worked harder, and not even had the somewhat decent results that I had.

Even if the new feature comes out tomorrow, and has a meaningful impact on the stalled progressions of people like me, it's coming out three months too late.

Three months of bad luck spinning the Wheel of Idiotic Design Decisions is hard to overcome. Absent a ridiculous stream of good luck, I'm permanently behind the people who kicked into good token pulls. I'm not long for this game like that.

Nice job shooting your game in the foot, devs.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Options
    rkd80 wrote:
    This is not a spending issue, this is primarily a distribution issue among those that do the "hard" work. Of course spending thousands should be elite in the game, no doubt there, but it is the other silent majority that suffers.

Imagine this, season after season you hit every prog in PvE, every 1300 and collect all the season prog and alliance awards. You are putting in the time and effort to achieve the top the game offers. The prize? Random luck. One guy opens 40 LTs and gets a bunch of useless/duplicate 4* and another guy gets 4 OML covers. Why is that fair? The first guy has made virtually no progress while the second guy has now forged ahead and can push higher and higher in the game with much less stress.

Fix that. All we ask.

The thing is, that guy who "surges ahead" gets stopped eventually too. Unless you have the money to ensure your sample size, but even then thats... what... literal thousands for virtual gratification? Don't believe you suffer because you work, you succeed because hard work is in infinite supply. Money is not.

Imagine being someone who spends a lot and doesn't surge ahead. Now THAT is suffering.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Blahahah wrote:
    rkd80 wrote:

Fix that. All we ask.

The thing is, that guy who "surges ahead" gets stopped eventually too. Unless you have the money to ensure your sample size, but even then thats... what... literal thousands for virtual gratification? Don't believe you suffer because you work, you succeed because hard work is in infinite supply. Money is not.

Imagine being someone who spends a lot and doesn't surge ahead. Now THAT is suffering.

I am with you.

LTs have been great to me, I have opened 2 LTs and received 1 5* (Phoenix) but haven't put her on the roster yet.
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Raffoon wrote:
    Opening over 80 Legendary tokens since their introduction has resulted in 3 5 stars for me. The current streak is around 50 tokens opened with no 5*s.

I'm sure this topic will be moved, locked, merged or deleted, but on the off chance it's seen by a developer in the meantime:

Dear Developer,
    For creating such a poorly designed system for endgame progression, please accept my sincerest wishes that you step in an enormous dog turd every day for the next year.

Sincerely,
    A frustrated, fed-up player, with 715 days and hundreds of dollars spent on the game.

P.S. Try responding to the constructive posts on the forum (not my posts in particular, just any posts with good, constructive ideas), and perhaps it will encourage people to continue posting in that manner.

Edit: You know what? I'm going to just go ahead and spoiler my original post in the terribly unrealistic hope that this won't get deleted and a developer may actually read what the other people have posted in this thread.

It's absurd how out of touch these developers are with their community.

The problem is mpq communicated their intentions for the legendary token system, but you either missed it or choose to ignore it. Legendary tokens are intended to assist with the 4*transition, not 5*.

5*'s are supposed to be like 4* xfw and iw were initially, very rare.

The real issue is that they made a deal with the devil, that has many people having misleading expectations. Originally, 5*s were not supposed to be whalable. However, throwing legendary tokens as bonus for large pack purchases along with players able to buy cp, undermined the entire original concept for 5*'s.

Hence, legendary tokens are working correctly. However, the p2w system has broken 5*'s.
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My problem is that I have opened 10 leg tokens. I have an x-farce that is 553 (pre need spec) who is my only 13 cover 4 star. Everyone else has max 6 covers. I have pulled 3 x-farce greens and 3 blacks. So I have somehow managed to only get 4 useable covers and 2 of those were elektras.
  • TOFU3
    TOFU3 Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Options
    I left this game one week ago. For me this is a hard decision as I have to say goodbye to my fellow alliance members who gave me memorable moments. But I really feel discouraged. I've spent so much money and time on this game but i didn't get what i wanted. All I want is one piece of OML Black but what i got are repeated 4*s. It's stupid to pay for a game when you know it's not necessary but you still do so. In the last week, I spent all of my HPs and pulled all LTs I had. I got Phoenix Green from my last LT draw. It's just like a ridicule to me.
    Goodbye. icon_wolverine.pngblackflag.png ....