80+ Legendaries

Comments

• Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    The last 5* I pulled was the day they release Phoenix....
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    I don't even care so much about not getting 5 * from them, but how about stop giving me 4 * I already have maxed out. Such a waste.

This is what drives me nuts. Of the 100 or so 4* cover/colors, I have at least five of them that are at 5 and no longer needed. Guess which five 4* cover/colors I tend to get the most?? And many of them are characters at less than 13 covers, so I wouldn't be able to do anything with them (if that becomes a thing).

I didn't mind wasting 1-3* covers, but since 4* covers are few and far between, it's a shame to put them to waste. Seriously, please never give me kp pink, sl pink, xf w green, jg green or xfdp red again!! I suppose I should be happy that I have so many covers maxed, but it's just a major let down to draw them again. Especially if it's a pve LT that I spent endless days grinding to get, all for just 1000 ISO.

After posting this, my next two draws were kp pink (useless) then am pink (useless). It's like rngesus is reading my posts and punishing me accordingly.

It's a lot of work to win an lt, so it's a big let down when it's one of the few covers you don't need.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    I don't even care so much about not getting 5 * from them, but how about stop giving me 4 * I already have maxed out. Such a waste.

This is what drives me nuts. Of the 100 or so 4* cover/colors, I have at least five of them that are at 5 and no longer needed. Guess which five 4* cover/colors I tend to get the most?? And many of them are characters at less than 13 covers, so I wouldn't be able to do anything with them (if that becomes a thing).

I didn't mind wasting 1-3* covers, but since 4* covers are few and far between, it's a shame to put them to waste. Seriously, please never give me kp pink, sl pink, xf w green, jg green or xfdp red again!! I suppose I should be happy that I have so many covers maxed, but it's just a major let down to draw them again. Especially if it's a pve LT that I spent endless days grinding to get, all for just 1000 ISO.

After posting this, my next two draws were kp pink (useless) then am pink (useless). It's like rngesus is reading my posts and punishing me accordingly.

It's a lot of work to win an lt, so it's a big let down when it's one of the few covers you don't need.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    I hear you. Rng is a tough business
  • GritsNGravy
    GritsNGravy Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    I've been about par with mine (tracked as well). Out of 47 LTs so far, 5 5*, 21 useful 4*, and 21 dupe 4*. However I've been on a 15+ streak of no 5* and this is feeling very demoralizing.

I too am stock piling tokens and waiting for this new feature to fix dupes...
  • Obviously my luck is better than most people posting on this thread. I have a fully maxed 4/4/5 OML and a 2/4/1 SS. I can't complain too much.
  • I completely agree that having luck dictate your ability to dramatically change your roster strength and competitiveness is ridiculous. But wish to also add that I find it incredible the amount of Starlord and Elextra pulls that come up. I can't believe that the 4 * drop rate is as stated and isn't rigged somehow to increase the rate of older / less used 4*. It's one thing being frustrated with not getting a 5* but my god the number of doubles pulled compared with all the new characters and needed covers is even more frustrating.
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Shurwyn wrote:
    I completely agree that having luck dictate your ability to dramatically change your roster strength and competitiveness is ridiculous. But wish to also add that I find it incredible the amount of Starlord and Elextra pulls that come up. I can't believe that the 4 * drop rate is as stated and isn't rigged somehow to increase the rate of older / less used 4*. It's one thing being frustrated with not getting a 5* but my god the number of doubles pulled compared with all the new characters and needed covers is even more frustrating.
    A random data point, but I've received way more of the new char covers than old char covers from the LTs.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shurwyn wrote:
    I can't believe that the 4 * drop rate is as stated and isn't rigged somehow to increase the rate of older / less used 4*.
    People will tell us that the "dammit, I just pulled 4 bagladies!" threads are simply more noticeable than the "whoopee, I just pulled 4 icemen!" threads. But that's only because things that exist tend to be more noticeable than things that don't.
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    simonsez wrote:
    Shurwyn wrote:
    I can't believe that the 4 * drop rate is as stated and isn't rigged somehow to increase the rate of older / less used 4*.
    People will tell us that the "dammit, I just pulled 4 bagladies!" threads are simply more noticeable than the "whoopee, I just pulled 4 icemen!" threads. But that's only because things that exist tend to be more noticeable than things that don't.
    I have pulled two IW from LT and four Icemen.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    now up to 21 token_legendary.png since my last star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Up to 16 5* covers. Missed maybe 4 dpdq tokens and probably half of the pve ones. Got all the pvp tokens in season.

No way I have opened 160. Probably 80-90?
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Up to 16 5* covers. Missed maybe 4 dpdq tokens and probably half of the pve ones. Got all the pvp tokens in season.
    That makes me feel extra good, because I've gotten all but 1 ddq4, and I've gotten all of the pve ones, and I've only missed 1300 maybe twice, and I'm sitting here with 6 5*s.
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    This thread proves the point precisely. I am tracking my pulls in Excel and am currently at 0/51. In total 4/85, however the first 2 SS I pulled were under a different % chance.

To see people with almost fully covered or running at 10-15% pull rate is obviously very frustrating. However that is the problem - why when all things equal should we be falling behind SO MUCH?

The only possible difference I can imagine is the buying club. I am not rich enough to do that, so some within the MPQ universe simply have access to more LTs, but this thread shows that:

1) In total, some have significantly better luck
    2) Regardless of whether a buyer's club is used, the totals are similar

Lastly, the issue of half covered 4* for whom we receive the wrong cover is still very very very frustrating. Not talking about the situation where you are 13 covers and get the wrong one, but when you are at 5/0/0 and get the 6th of the wrong color. This significantly worsens the issue because it is insult to injury, not only do we get no 5* - but even what we get is trash. Nothing on the horizon will fix that.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Oh good. As the thread progresses, I see people who have earned the same number of legendaries as me, but have drawn 5 times as many 5*s, launching them into an entirely different tier of play.

So, I would further amend my wishes to the developers:

After turds 1 and 2 occur daily, I hope that they clean themselves up. Then, I hope they step in a tiny, secret turd and track it all over their place of residence, only discovering it when it's too late. Again, I hope this daily for the year.

Happy New Year, Devs!

Edit: I realize this is perhaps unfair. So, I also wish you a 10% chance per event that it will not happen that day.
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Broke my 57 count cold streak between 5* w/ a blue SS cover yesterday. I'm 2 out of 62 (black OML)! I love that I'm progressing at a rate 1/3rd as fast as I should. And, then there are people on the other end of the curve w/ 10+ 5* covers.

Of course, after the blue SS, I opened 2 more LTs and have gotten XDP and XFW, so the current cold streak is at 2. Sitting on 400+ CP, so hope I can pull at least 2-3 more 5* from those tokens.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    I only managed to score 38 LTs in 2015 - 100% were 4* (thankfully I'm still in solid 4* progression, so only one "useless" one).
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    I opened 24 LT after the champion info was released.

0 5*.

I'm so sad. icon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gif
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    atomzed wrote:
    I opened 24 LT after the champion info was released.

0 5*.

I'm so sad. icon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gif

I just opened 16. No 5* for me, either. Only 2 of them were even usable.

I think I'm done spending money on this game.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Aaaaand......... championing does nothing to address this.

*clomp* *clomp* *clomp*

That's me, one step closer to the door.

This game never fails to disappoint.