Worst streak pulling 5s - LTs NEED to change

Comments

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    got like 10 or so LT sitting and was going to open up a heroic and picked a LT

open up a black surfer (2nd 5 star) not sure if keeping or not going to see how bad it effect the scaling...

also i doubt i ever use him.. Logan is my main player with 2 yellows hes a tank.

There should be a bench for 5 stars i mean How often will i ever use sufer (never) and hes holding a 1000 HP slot.
  • RWTDBurn
    RWTDBurn Posts: 291
    puppychow wrote:
    RWTDBurn wrote:

Edit: Yep, another 4* I didn't need so now 4 for 80. Great system guys!!!!

On the other hand, there are many players who haven't gotten 80 LTs yet. Or even half that. Just saying. icon_mrgreen.gif

And yet many of those have more 5* covers than me. icon_e_sad.gif
  • I play PVP fairly competitively, completed all of the 4* DDQs until the last handful of characters, and play until progression for most of the 3-4 day PVEs... net result is a SINGLE 5* cover that I finally pulled last week (JG Red). I wish I kept track of how many total LTs I've opened.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    opened up 3 more

Gray red
    Deadpool pink
    Ghost green

im so screwed with 130 roster
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Longest streak is 29 without a 5*. Which is something considering I've only opened 60. (4 for 60 overall)

I haven't had a streak of more than 5 covers sold in a row, but 'useful' odds are about 50/50 for me.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    And grinding out PvEs just for Legs? Ugh.

Well that is all up to whose legs you are grinding for in those PVEs. I can think of a few legs I would definitely grind PVEs for. icon_lol.gif
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    I know people is more interested in the Champions mechanics, and the HP debacle but I have just opened my 30 consecutive LT without a 5, and I am really pissed.

THIS IS COMPLETELY ****, COMPLETELY STUPID, I can't progress anymore because I am not lucky to pull a stupid 5 in a token lottery ?!?!?!? 30 tokens without a 5, and of course in the next one I just have the same **** 5% chance of pulling one, so most likely I will not pull one and my streak will continue ... I don't know how anybody can design and 'endgame' with just luck as a factor, it is completely dumb. Yeah devs you are dumb! (and I am dumb too for playing this stupid game).

PS: If there is more people like me please update the poll.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    I haven't kept track of my exact pulls, but I am nowhere near 10% of my LT pulls. Frustrating.
  • I've pulled a better than average 3 5*'s in roughly 20 legendary tokens. But since I have no character over lvl 166 I've regretfully had to sell all 3 to prevent my scaling from being messed up.

I found it massively ironic that when opening a legendary token the only thing in there that I don't need and will sell is the 5*s that everyone else desperately wants. I can even use baglady tokens!
  • Polares
    For me the worse is knowing that because the system doesn't have any type of memory, once you have already pulled 30 no 5s, the next pull still has just a 5% of pulling one!!! Yeah pulling 30 no 5s in a row is hard, but once you have had the bad luck of being in this situation the system should know you have been unlucky and your next pull should have like 50% chance of pulling a 5!

Something like

chance_of_a_5 = 5 + max(0, number_of_pulls_without_5 - 10) * 2.0;

And the rest of 4s would share the remaining chance in equal parts

chance_of_a_4 = (100 - chance_of_a_5) % number_of_4s;

This way your chance for your 11 pull would be 7%
    for your 12 pull would be 9%
    for your 13 pull would be 11%
    for your 14 pull would be 13%
    for your 15 pull would be 15%
    for your 30 pull would be 45%
    for your 40 pull would be 65%
    etc.

Which of course is far more fair!

Common devs it is not that difficult!!! And luck is still a factor, but not just THE FACTOR.
  • Rhycar
    Rhycar Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    I was three for 36 to start. Went on a streak of 49 before pulling my fourth. Four out of 86 is pretty frustrating to say the least.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had two periods when I was hoarding tokens. At the beginning, waiting for Iceman to be added to legendaries, I had 31. Yesterday, waiting for champions to go live, I had 34. I was 3 for 65 on these pulls. In between, when I wasn't bothering to count, I pulled 4. I don't have a calendar handy, but earning legendaries at the rate of 1 per day, my pull rate wasn't much better on those either. So the next time my posts seem unreasonably hostile concerning how this game has gotten irrevocably **** up, bear in mind that my hostility is actually completely reasonable.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    I pulled my first 5* in 2 months this morning from the Heroic PVE LT. I don't keep track of my pull rate so I don't go insane. RL does a good job on that.
  • I didn't open any LTs until the rate was at 10% and it still took me over 30 tries. Then I pulled a couple OMLs within 5 tokens of each other. Then a pretty normal distribution for a while, then another 30-40 token drought, then another spurt grabbing three SS tokens within 15 or so.

Definitely had 2 droughts of 30-40 though. Fortunately though I have actually pulled 4*s that I need/want during those droughts. I've sold very few 4* covers and just had the realization today that I have enough HP banked to whale all the 4*s I feel are worth having cover maxed....IMHB/Rulk/JG/Iceman/XFW/XPool/ProfX/Cyclops/Carnage/Thing, with Thor/Kingpin being at 12/13. That's pretty damn good considering when LTs were first introduced I only had two 4*s cover maxed.

So overall I'm pleased. Yeah, I think my 5* draw rate has been less than 10%, but I'm not getting tons and tons of useless 4*s like some of the other people on here. So no complaints for me yet. It's going to get worse though as I continue to earn LTs without really wanting/needing any 4* covers. I should probably start hoarding them until I have more of my notable 4*s maxed and can champion them.
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Pulled a black OML w/ my 3rd LT, then went 57 pulls before pulling a blue SS. Now my current streak is back up to 11 w/o a 5*.

What's worse is that many of my 4*s have been **** pulls. I've got 12 covers for Flaptain and 10 covers for Mr. **** (having sold 2 blues already as dupes), whereas my Iceman sits at 5 covers, Rulk at 6, PX at 6, etc, etc. Also pulled my 7th KP purple (2/5/1) and my 7th Thing red (5/2/4), which makes me super unmotivated to get 1000 in the Doom PVP (nice timing, a-holes).

While this digresses from the topic a bit, my biggest complaint about the Champion system will be that those KP, Mr ****, and Thing covers will still be worthless due to bad luck. And, even if I did have 13 covers, they'd still be useless bcs of the lack of ISO. Champions does very little for easing the sting of pulling dupe 4*s or **** 4*s (who in their right mind is ever going to spend the ISO to level up Flaptain, Mr ****, IW, etc?).

I'm paraphrasing, but IceIX did say "we understand how frustrating it is to pull dupes / worthless covers from the LTs" and unless you're max level, it is still going to be terrible. Much better fix would've been allowing championing to start at 13 covers regardless of the level.
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    My last 5* was pulled five days before the *last* season.

I generally grab all the LTs from PvP and PVE, did a buyers club for 6 more and most of the DDQ.

I do not have a precise number, but I am guessing PVP = 15, PVE = 5, Progression and Alliance = 3, CP = 9 and DDQ = 3. So in total 35 tokens without any 5*. Pretty rotten luck indeed.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    Personally, I can't complain at all.
    I've opened 64 LT's, with these results:
    3 1 2 OML
    1 2 1 Surfer
    1 0 1 Phoenix
    12/64 is a really good % for this honestly, a bit over 18%.
    As far as "streaks" go, the worst for me has probably been about 10 to 15 in a row without a 5 star.
    Where I don't have good luck is the 4 stars I do pull. For example, I just got a 6th Mr. Fan Black for my 0 0 5 Mr. Fan...

For comparison:
    My older brother has probably pulled about 40+ LT's. He hasn't gotten a single one. His only 5* is a Black Silver Surfer as the 2 year resupply.
    My younger brother has probably pulled about 20+ LT's. He only started opening his backlog after he bought the 2900 HC for 5 bucks Android sale. And his first open? Red Surfer. icon_lol.gif In total he has a Red & Black Surfer, and a Green Phoenix. So he is way above average.

Gotta love RNGessus...
  • Polares
    And now is 31. Devs are lucky I live in another continent and I can't go and visit them with a Gjallarhorn icon_razz.gif

I am really tired of this ****, probably I just need to quit, and I would be so much happier...
  • Polares
    And just like that, after promoting some 3s I am 42 tokens without a 5! 42 !!! This is a bad joke!

Devs I want answers what the **** are you going to do this **** system you have for awarding 5s! This is a **** peace of ****!
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    My first LT from a Champion got me a Red Surfer, so that broke my streak of bad luck. But now I'm well into a whole new streak of bad luck. Woo!