Worst streak pulling 5s - LTs NEED to change

Polares
Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I am currently in my worst streak of pulling 5s, I am still above 10%, so I can consider myself lucky but my last 18 pulls were just 4s, so right now I don't feel too lucky (more when in this last Hulk PvP I have started seeing A LOT of 5s in the 330-360 range).

What is your your worst streak until now?
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I pulled a SS black on my 3rd LT the week they were introduced, I didn't pull another 5* till last season where I pulled 3 in 2 weeks
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    edited December 2015
    I've stopped counting, but it must be close to 40 at this point. When Anniversary came around, I had about 17-18 tokens to open. None were 5*'s.

Then out of my next 10 tokens, 3 were 5*s. Yay!

Since then I've
    Hit every PVP 1300 except for 3-4 of them, counting offseason.
    Hit around half of the PVE Legendaries.
    Had some of my alliance mates buy a pretty large amount of HP. Enough for around 3 Legendary tokens.
    Gotten 0 more 5*s.

I'd estimate by this point I must be around 70 tokens opened total, and 3 of them have been 5*s.

Thanks for making progression at the highest level entirely luck based, Demiurge. That was a GREAT idea! icon_rolleyes.gif

In the last 2 months, playing the game at a high level, I haven't seen any meaningful progression in my roster. What a joke of a game system.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    18 straight legendary tokens without a 5* will occur 15% of the time. Rough, but relatively common.

I had a streak about that long myself, and then I got 2 different 5*s within a week. I'm still well under 10% overall.
  • mistical725
    mistical725 Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    I've opened 51 lamendary tokens and have yet to pull a 5*. I will not push for them anymore as I find it a waste of time since I rarely even get useful 4* covers when I open them.
  • RWTDBurn
    RWTDBurn Posts: 291
    edited December 2015
    I was in the high 30's and about ready to flush this game when I finally broke my streak last week. I've gotten 4 5*s out of 79 Legendary Tokens so tonight I should hit 5% once I draw another unneeded 4*. And while I still have several good reasons to quit this game, at least a painfully long dry steak on Legendary Tokens pulls is not one of them. Who's got 2 thumbs and really really **** luck? This guy!

Edit: Yep, another 4* I didn't need so now 4 for 80. Great system guys!!!!
  • Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    Raffoon wrote:
    Had some of my alliance mates buy a pretty large amount of HP.

What alliance? Do you need a dedicated PVE grinder
    J/k...just jealous!
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow I think devs NEED to see these results. It CAN'T happen that somebody has openned 40+ tokens without pulling a 5. This is nuts!

The system needs to be changed, everytime you win a legendary you also win a 5 shard and when you have between 5 to 10 shards you win a new token that will give you any 5 cover. That would be fair and good for the game.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    I broke my streak of 40-straight 4* pulls yesterday, finally. I'm a 4* transitioner, so it could be worse, but that was really frustrating.
  • My worst run was 52 without a 5*.

Pull rate right now is 2.7% and I'm into triple figures of LTs pulled. LTs are horrible and need to be removed as the main method of progression.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Based on my statistics, I have about a 60% chance of pulling a cover I need out of a Legendary Token. Out of the last 6 Legendary Tokens I pulled, I could use 1. It has been a really bad run.

On the other hand, my overall statistics are actually fine - 60.38%. So I can't really complain.
  • I think the worst thing about the 5* is that a player like me who cant fit a 5* due to transitioning to 3* have to sell it away. A 4* would be much better

Not kidding, but I pulled 2 5* out of the 7, and I sold both cos the scaling was terrible.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    I completely stopped counting but I could maybe reverse engineer the total if I were so inclined. Basically I saved all my legendary tokens until they added Iceman/Rulk/Cyke, 24 in total. Opened them all and pulled 2 SS out of the first 16 tokens so I was feeling pretty lucky...Haven't opened a single 5* since then. It's been almost 2 full months. In that time I've probably gotten probably around 10 LTs from DDQ, another 12 to 15 from PvP, and maybe 8 from PvE. Add on another 2 from CPs and that's at least 30 more pulls. So, I guess I'm in the 30-40 range. Rapidly approaching 40+
  • I think the worst thing about the 5* is that a player like me who cant fit a 5* due to transitioning to 3* have to sell it away. A 4* would be much better

Not kidding, but I pulled 2 5* out of the 7, and I sold both cos the scaling was terrible.

And this is why the system is terrible. I'm the complete opposite, where I need almost no 4* cover unless its a new/recent release. So anything I pull that isnt 5* is just a total waste. Terrible system that should never have been implemented.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    I've opened 51 lamendary tokens and have yet to pull a 5*. I will not push for them anymore as I find it a waste of time since I rarely even get useful 4* covers when I open them.

Yup, you definitely need to borrow my rabbit's foot. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • puppychow

YOU SIR ARE A GENIUS! icon_lol.gif
  • puppychow
    RWTDBurn wrote:

Edit: Yep, another 4* I didn't need so now 4 for 80. Great system guys!!!!

On the other hand, there are many players who haven't gotten 80 LTs yet. Or even half that. Just saying. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • zeeke
    zeeke Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    I've pulled 4 Logan's total out of 80ish. So nowhere close to 10%. We do however have two players in our alliance who's 0 for 50+

It's a terrible system that needs to go. How about putting a 5 cover at 12k season score?
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    Voted 20-30 for my Girlfriend, she has opened at least 25 LTs and has yet to see a 5*, the one 5* cover she has (OML Black) was gifted to her by D3Go at NYCC 2015 because she won the raffle

She swears that Joe did something to her account, to this day she still quotes him saying "Are you sure you want a 5* cover? You won't see another for a long time"

Makes me laugh, she's had such bad pulls icon_lol.gif
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    I think the worst thing about the 5* is that a player like me who cant fit a 5* due to transitioning to 3* have to sell it away. A 4* would be much better

A little part of me dies each time I read about someone selling 5* covers...
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm glad I don't track my token odds. The record-keeping and streak-tracking would drive me crazy.

I haven't pulled a 5* in a while, but my current streak is nice: about 10 LTs in a row without pulling any unneeded 4* covers.