**** Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze) **** Updated (8/22/17)

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
edited August 2017 in Character Details
Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze) icon_ghostriderpng
4 Star Rarity (Legendary) Wiki Link
At Max Level: HP: 15573 Tile Damage: 11/73/10/11/82/64/4.0x
    Burning Rubber
    The cost has been increased to 12 Green AP (from 7). Damage has been significantly increased, creates 2 friendly Attack tiles, and the AP cost of the power is reduced for each friendly Attack tile on the board (to a minimum of 6)

Hellfire
    The cost has been increased to 9 Red AP (from 8). The power deals damage (plus additional damage if the enemy is a villain) and creates a Countdown tile. Each turn the Countdown tile creates 2 friendly Attack tiles.

Penance Stare
    The cost has been decreased to 10 Black AP (from 12). No other changes have been made.

Old Abilities
    Burning Rubber - 7 greentilepng AP
    Ghost Rider screams past the enemy team on his motorcycle, wreathing them in flames and whipping them with his chain. Deals 146 damage to the enemy team and creates 2 strength 18 Attack tiles. If there are 6 friendly Attack tiles on the board, the fire burns hotter, dealing an additional 146 damage.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Deals 219 damage and creates strength 25 Attack tiles. If there are 6 Attack tiles, deals 146 extra damage. Level 3: Deals 292 damage and creates strength 32 Attack tiles. If there are 6 Attack tiles, deals 146 extra damage. Level 4: Deals 415 damage and creates strength 47 Attack tiles. If there are 6 Attack tiles, deals 228 extra damage. Level 5: Deals 716 damage and creates strength 76 Attack tiles. If there are 6 Attack tiles, deals 228 extra damage.
    Max Level
      Level 3: 580 damage / 65 Attack tiles / 290 bonus damage Level 4: 824 damage / 94 Attack tiles / 453 bonus damage Level 5: 1423 damage / 151 Attack tiles / 453 bonus damage

Hellfire - 8 redtilepng AP
    Ghost Rider unleashes a torrent of flames imbued with the power of the Spirit of Vengeance. Places a Countdown tile that spreads fire every 2 turns, dealing 183 damage and creating a strength 28 Attack tile. If the enemy team has more Villains than Heroes, the Countdown tile deals an additional 183 damage.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Deals 275 damage and creates a strength 39 Attack tile. Level 3: Deals 366 damage and creates a strength 50 Attack tile. Level 4: Deals 558 damage and creates a strength 73 Attack tile. Level 5: Deals 915 damage and creates a strength 118 Attack tile.
    Max Level
      Level 3: 724 damage / 101 Attack tile / 362 bonus damage Level 4: 1104 damage / 146 Attack tile / 362 bonus damage Level 5: 1810 damage / 235 Attack tile / 362 bonus damage

Penance Stare - 12 blacktilepng AP
    Ghost Rider looks into his opponent's eyes and forces them to revisit all the pain they've inflicted a thousand times over. Deals damage to the target enemy equal to 50% of the total amount of damage they've dealt so far this mission.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Deals 75% of the enemy's total damage back at them. Level 3: Deals 100% of the enemy's total damage back at them. Level 4: Deals 150% of the enemy's total damage back at them. Level 5: Deals 200% of the enemy's total damage back at them.

Quick list of Heroes/Villains
    Villains: Ares (DA), Black Widow (Original), Bullseye (Classic), Bullseye (DA), Carnage (Cletus Kasady), Daken (Classic), Daken (DA), Doctor Doom (Classic), Doctor Octopus (Otto Octavius), Juggernaut (Classic), Kingpin (Wilson Fisk), Loki (Dark Reign), Magneto (Classic), Moonstone (DA), Mystique (Raven Darkholme), Ragnarok (DA), Red Hulk (Thunderbolt Ross), Sentry (DA), The Hood (Classic), Venom (DA), Yelena Belova (DA)
    Heroes: Everyone else
    Older Coming Soon preview thread

Comments

• Punisher5784
      Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
      edited November 2015
      Wow even 1 Black cover at 75% damage back at the enemy is pretty good! I'm sure this will be a T1-3 cover during the new PVE.

Pair him with Phoenix or Groot. Let Pheonix die then one shot them for all the damage or let Groot get near death. Daken would work well with true healing and strike tiles for Blazes attack tiles
    • udonomefoo
      udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
      Ice can we get some clarification on "total damage"? Just wondering if/how healers would affect that function.

Thanks.
    • CrookedKnight
      CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
      Also, how is Hellfire's bonus damage affected by covers/levels? Does it always flatly double the countdown damage?
    • IceIX
      udonomefoo wrote:
      Ice can we get some clarification on "total damage"? Just wondering if/how healers would affect that function.

Thanks.
      Healers have no effect. If damage is dealt, it's dealt even if it's later healed.
    • stochasticism
      stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
      Does the additional damage done by Hellfire scale with covers (so that it doubles the damage at all cover levels) or is it always 183 extra?
    • IceIX
      Does the additional damage done by Hellfire scale with covers (so that it doubles the damage at all cover levels) or is it always 183 extra?
      It scales slightly with levels, but the bonus damage is not affected by cover investment. I've added the value in the Max Level area for comparison to min level.
    • Thanos
      Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
      Can we get a list of heroes and villains?
    • Ludaa
      Ludaa Posts: 542
      Does Hellfire deal damage upfront, or just place the CD initially?
    • turul
      turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
      edited November 2015
      Requesting pre-release buffs for his powers.

He currently look like a mediocre 3*.
      (Gamora)
    • stochasticism
      stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
      5 in black. The rest looks meh.
    • udonomefoo
      udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
      edited November 2015
      5 in black. The rest looks meh.

I was thinking optimal build looks like 3/3/3 icon_lol.gif

I looked at black and thought "you don't really want to take damage, so I'd put that at 3", then I looked at red and thought, "you could totally leave that at 3", green? Same story.

I'm super excited that I don't have to worry about grinding the new event. I hope there are new goons in the hell nodes.
    • OzarkBoatswain
      OzarkBoatswain Posts: 684 Critical Contributor
      edited November 2015
      Is the Hellfire countdown tile selected or random?

I assume Stare does the damage that the individual enemy has dealt and not the whole team. Does 'overkill' damage count? -- by overkill I mean killing an ally with a much more powerful attack than was needed.
    • Ruinate
      Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
      I hope black will show you how much damage it will do before you fire it.

I doubt it considering no other moves do. I have a calculator out at all times when I'm playing.
    • Redrobot30
      Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
      What does his countdown tile start at? 6? 8?...?
    • OzarkBoatswain
      OzarkBoatswain Posts: 684 Critical Contributor
      Redrobot30 wrote:

2, repeating. Like how Punisher's black "spreads fire every 2 turns".
    • IceIX
      Thanos wrote:
      Can we get a list of heroes and villains?
      I suppose I could gin one up, but it's pretty cut and dry so I'm not sure it's really necessary to list every single character. The only ones that I can think of that are problematic are Black Widow (Original) being a Villain when the rest of her are Heroes, and Red Hulk being labelled a Villain, as this version is pre-Thunderbolts leader.

Edit: Added one to the OP.
    • IceIX
      Ludaa wrote:
      Does Hellfire deal damage upfront, or just place the CD initially?
      Places the CD initially.
    • Polares
      Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
      Redrobot30 wrote:

I think it starts at 2, and when it reaches 0 it does damage and resets. It is like HT green.

Red and green are quite cheap, but not very strong, but black could be devastating in tough battles
    • IceIX
      Is the Hellfire countdown tile selected or random?

I assume Stare does the damage that the individual enemy has dealt and not the whole team. Does 'overkill' damage count? -- by overkill I mean killing an ally with a much more powerful attack than was needed.
      Hellfire is random.

Penance Stare deals damage to whomever the target currently is and deals damage based on the damage that particular target has dealt. Overkill damage does not count. Damage is displayed and dynamically updated on the ability before you fire it, so you can always tell what it's going to deal at base.
    • IceIX
      Polares wrote:
      Redrobot30 wrote:

I think it starts at 2, and when it reaches 0 it does damage and resets. It is like HT green.
      Exactly this. It works like Human Torch's Green or Punisher's Black and stays around once it goes off, just resetting each time.