*** Psylocke (Classic) ***

Comments

• So it's the same art that Mobage used for Psylocke in the Marvel: War of Heroes game.
  • Why are you guys playing with my emotions?
  • DayvBang wrote:
    I'm sorry, but this is Classic Psylocke:

Psylocke_001.gif

I might agree with you, and I surely bash developers when they deserve it, but given that there is an "original" category, it fits more in that category. Let's say that "classic" is "the most recognizable/popular portrait of the character" (then again, Wolverine Astonishing should be Wolverine Classic, instead of creating new categories out of whim... We can bash the developers after all icon_e_wink.gif )
    And yes... Not using Purple is like if Hulk didn't use Green.
    Regarding the abilities, it is indeed quite similar to Punisher, but with a bit more synergy (she doesn't destroy her special tiles) and a cheaper black, except the Blue which is too slow and random for my taste (let's see how they level up)
  • Seems like a bad character, half support and half fighter but not good in either roles.
  • optimiza wrote:
    Seems like she might do some cool stuff with Daken though. Assuming you don't nuke your own strike tiles, in principle the tiles don't need to be hers to get the AP reduction.
    Ah right! Daken would be very interesting when paired up with her.
    If I'm reading her description right, she only creates a strike tile if fewer than 3 exist. So you're essentially bringing Daken along to reduce her casting cost once -- after that all you get is damage.

Can't wait to see max level stats; pretty sure this one is going to see time in my rotation.
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Microtom wrote:
    Seems like a bad character, half support and half fighter but not good in either roles.

can't really render judgement till we see what the rank 5 of each power looks like but she already seems strong to me

-AP steal that can potentially steal a huge chunk of the enemy's most important color
    -can create both attack and strike tiles letting her already combo with herself
    -cheap cost on powers
    -has two great colors to have with them being red and blue, IM40 could be a great pair up with recharge
    -can hit the lvl 141 three star cap (always a plus)

IM40 or hood could be really scary with her, I really need to see those rank 5 stats, so curious.
  • I don't know...she seems a little odd. Might be good but i would but her somewhere in the middle at a glance. Her tiles aren't super strong nor is the base damage. She is clearly a spam your moves character that would probably work decently with some strong strike tile teammates. I am not sold on her blue though. Not even because of the countdown tile, but because there is a good chance by the time you get it out you are probably stealing a color the opponent doesn't use (which is why it is so high). Fine if you want the color, bit at that point its more "building ap" than "stealing". If the machine was more caring with the colors it takes then it would be better. Defensively, it may be annoying but then...countdown tile.

I'd have to try her at a decent lvl with decent abilities to truely know...but atm i think she will be around punisher or lower in her utility on teams.

Of course, that assuming boring damage ups for each move. For all we know she gets some huge game changer at lvl 4 or 5 for some of these (like dropping 2 strike tiles on her ed or something).

Since this is ice's favorite character I know he knows the stats and abilities by heart. Info ppllllllzzz.
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker

Since this is ice's favorite character I know he knows the stats and abilities by heart. Info ppllllllzzz.

yeah how come they never release full info on each rank of these new characters powers right away?
  • I kind of like that they don't. Anticipation is fun sometimes.

I would guess that her red and black scale similarly to existing powers: alternating levels of increased initial damage/increased tile damage, maybe more tiles at higher levels (but the tiles are already very strong damage-wise so I'd be surprised if this happens). Anyone's guess how blue scales, I'm thinking reduced countdown for sure, maybe an additional lesser steal on other colors at some point (which would be crazy strong too).
  • I kind of like that they don't. Anticipation is fun sometimes.

Well, you can always not to look while we do icon_e_wink.gif

Regarding speculation, I'll make level 5 blue to "lock" the color while the countdown is on (the enemy can't use that color). That will mitigate the randomness, and add some strategic value to when casting it. That would be powerful (I don't think OP, because I presume it will be a 1 turn CD at that level), and, moreover, imaginative, instead of the boring progressions. Of couse, I don't think it's going to happen. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • When I first looked at her, I didn't think she was interesting. Now I see the ridiculous combo with patch. The ability to immediately place an attack tile and for only 6 is massive. That garauntees an extra 900+ damage each turn, but the attack also does damage, so there's another 900. I figured her blue was garbage because you're likely to get a color you don't want like purple or black, but she uses black so that's good. Now with purple, she'd be an interesting pair with loki. Granted that'd leave you without a stunner or healer, but could still be fun. I find her red the least interesting. I doubt other people's strike tiles will lower the casting cost. I built my patch 5/3/5 so I'd probably get good use out of her red.

Overall i'd say she looks beastly when combined with patch. Throw in IM40 for quick wins or likely spidey for safe but aggressive. Loki could work, but that leaves you wide open.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    mechgouki wrote:
    How about this one? This one's not bad too.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Psylocke_Vol_1_2

Like, look at her back. It's disgusting. Im a woman and my back does not arch like that, even during cheerleading. Maybe when im old it will o_O. I actually like the cover for her but what i dont like is how her actual character looks, she needs better hair with a more purple apperance and more volume, brighter skin ( looks kind of yellow ), and her clothes need more color.

Personal favs:
    http://cdn.comicartfans.com/Images/Cate ... AN0061.JPG
    http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp8bk2yVQv1qdsjb2.jpg
    http://31.media.tumblr.com/02aa09b3ceb8 ... 1_1280.jpg
  • I don't see what's wrong with her back. I mean, such a pose requires a bit of stretching, but not impossible to do.
  • I like the cover and going through the her artwork through the years it seems like it was a wise decision.
    Here's hoping for another member of x-force like Deadpool or Fantomex.
  • All I have to say is, finally the best MvC2 team is playable in MPQ! It might not even be bad...
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am not sold on her blue though. Not even because of the countdown tile, but because there is a good chance by the time you get it out you are probably stealing a color the opponent doesn't use (which is why it is so high).

This could be a useless skill in those matches that go down to the wire. If you lose your use for whatever the other team isn't using, it's likely to just keep sucking up nothing. Prime candidate for Buffing right behind Bagman.
  • Pwuz_ wrote:
    I am not sold on her blue though. Not even because of the countdown tile, but because there is a good chance by the time you get it out you are probably stealing a color the opponent doesn't use (which is why it is so high).

This could be a useless skill in those matches that go down to the wire. If you lose your use for whatever the other team isn't using, it's likely to just keep sucking up nothing. Prime candidate for Buffing right behind Bagman.

Even if they don't need it, there's a good chance you will. Psylocke has 3 active skills on her own, and there are lots of characters with green+yellow to pair her with.
  • Polroid wrote:
    I like the cover and going through the her artwork through the years it seems like it was a wise decision.
    Here's hoping for another member of x-force like Deadpool or Fantomex.
    Lots of players want Deadpool, including me.
    Fantomex is a cool character, and he is sleeping with Psylocke now, so I hope he would be in this game.
  • If someone randomly contacted me and said change all the covers to whatever you want, but keep in mind it takes a lot of resources to do so (just so I wouldn't go crazy overboard) I'd probably end up changing about 19 of them (mainly just to get more iconic covers).

But Psylocke's is fine. There is a psy-knife and she is in your face. When I think of her those are probably the first two things that come to mind anyway so I like the cover.

I do agree with Unity's thoughts about the character art, but we all know it could be much worse icon_neutral.gif
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    mechgouki wrote:
    I don't see what's wrong with her back. I mean, such a pose requires a bit of stretching, but not impossible to do.
    So, uh, you're about 13 years old, right?