7 Day PVE for 1 Legendary Token

Comments

• I've made a thread for this on the events sub-forum.

Someone this thread has picked up on the halving of alliance rewards in Iso and HP, but as I've just been typing all the rewards out, it's painfully apparent to me that progression rewards and personal placement rewards have suffered a similar halving of Iso and HP.

Couple this with the fact my Colossus and Vision are basically fully built and this is pretty much a skip for me.

If I play the wave nodes for event tokens they'd be stockpiled waiting for odds on characters I need. By which time I probably won't need any more 3*s desperately at all. Yup, pretty definitely a skip.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    fmftint wrote:
    This is just more Demiurge being stingy with digital goods, notice they also cut final alliance placement rewards in half. 7 day events use to reward 5000 iso, 250/100 hp for alliance placement. The last 2 have been cut to 2500 iso, 100/50.

This has been bothering me more and more over the last few weeks, why do weeks that have two PVE's yield more rewards than weeks that have 1 7-day PVE? It boggles the mind that the rewards were cut in half for some hidden reason.

There have been posts by the devs saying they have steadily increased the flow of HP and Iso in the past, but why have the rewards in 7-day PVE's been halved without any form of explanation? Not that I think it can be explained away in a satisfactory way aside from 'Oops, error, we'll edit the prizes' and that is not likely to happen. I really like EotS in general*, but getting a measily 50 HP for finishing top 50 in a 7-day event is a bit nonsensical if you can get the same prize in a 3-day event.

* When I say in general, I mean that I like the survival nodes and the fact that they give out tokens. The middle sub, the one that doesn't have a survival node and consists mostly of Wolvie and Gorgon being force fed red AP can be considered to a crime against humanity for all I care. Seriously, how is Debilitating or Adamantium Slash every 2-3 turns because of goons that feed red AP considered good design/fun?
  • StevO-J wrote:

This has been bothering me more and more over the last few weeks, why do weeks that have two PVE's yield more rewards than weeks that have 1 7-day PVE? It boggles the mind that the rewards were cut in half for some hidden reason.

It also makes no sense that the progression rewards are essentially the same except just stretched out over the 7 day period. You'd think that they could toss in two more tokens and some hp or iso progression rewards to, at the very least, make it on par with 2 shorter PVE progressions.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    To all the people skipping, you should at least do a single cycle of each sub since there are one time reward nodes in most of the subs that give either HP or a token.

BUT at least in the later stage that token or hp node is an insane WAVE nod where the levels are like 250+
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you don't want the token, that is fine.. but remember. sub rewards, loads of iso, event tokens, etc.. they are worth farming in offtime anyway.
  • slidecage wrote:
    To all the people skipping, you should at least do a single cycle of each sub since there are one time reward nodes in most of the subs that give either HP or a token.

BUT at least in the later stage that token or hp node is an insane WAVE nod where the levels are like 250+

Still sounds like a decent reward for a single clear of the node compared to those of us who will be hitting it 5 or more times in total.
  • Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    GMadMan040 wrote:

The real question is "Do I really want to see all those Caltrops again?"

I think we all know that answer to that.

This is where elektra black comes in handy...
    Theoretically. I've never done it.
  • drcassino
    drcassino Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Gotta say, I love EoTS: by far the best designed PVE (which is why I wish they'd keep making them!). Once you get the hang of them, the wave nodes aren't difficult, and there's lots of ISO and tokens to farm. I'd be doing it even without the carrot of the legendary dangling at the end (I haven't needed any 3* for a long time, but I played it last time anyway).
  • drcassino wrote:
    Gotta say, I love EoTS: by far the best designed PVE (which is why I wish they'd keep making them!). Once you get the hang of them, the wave nodes aren't difficult, and there's lots of ISO and tokens to farm. I'd be doing it even without the carrot of the legendary dangling at the end (I haven't needed any 3* for a long time, but I played it last time anyway).

For sure. The quality of EotS is leagues above most of the other PVEs that don't get much retuning. The PVEs that I like are EotS, Sim, Gauntlet (when you don't have some really stupid things like a required char who just came out), Sentry and heroics. I'm probably in the minority that likes heroics but it's nice to have something that forces you to retune who you field. It's also great knowing that all those people who cruise by on winfinite have to actually work at the game.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wobby wrote:
    GMadMan040 wrote:

The real question is "Do I really want to see all those Caltrops again?"

I think we all know that answer to that.

This is where elektra black comes in handy...
    Theoretically. I've never done it.

It only protects her, not the damage to the other two.
  • Are there any plans to actually write a new PvE story or are we stuck with these and new boss battles every 6 months?

There is so much scope for awesome storytelling in these but its wasted on the same 6 (+heroics) stories over and over...
  • Malcrof wrote:
    If you don't want the token, that is fine.. but remember. sub rewards, loads of iso, event tokens, etc.. they are worth farming in offtime anyway.
    This.

Recently I have stopped the mindless grinds at the end of subs and started trying to hit a new goal of getting as many green check marks on nodes as I can. I'm playing primarily for ISO at this point, so getting all those rewards helps.

Just because it is a 7-day event doesn't mean you have to grind out every sub for 7 days. I usually get LT with 2-3 clears/sub in early events and then 4-5 clears in the last sub or two when the points are higher.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    ANY PVE for Legendary Token - no thank you. PVE is the burn-out devil!
  • This got buried in the anniversary debacle, but I still think this is worth discussion. I broke down the numbers on the rewards.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=33454

Between that and the intentional stinginess with Galactus rewards, I've decided the game isn't worth more than a daily swipe through DDQ, until something dramatically changes. I finished my 2 star roster, so there's no point in grinding for event/heroic tokens when they're almost always token_standard.png junk I don't need, yet grinding for the legendary token isn't worth my time either because Im still needing to round out my 3 star roster.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Enemy of the State wave nodes are super easy with the right team (hint: Captain America + Falcon + Blade), spit out event tokens when you murder them, and are worth so many points that 170K doesn't take grinding to accomplish. I will never understand what people have against this event.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    drcassino wrote:

For sure. The quality of EotS is leagues above most of the other PVEs that don't get much retuning. The PVEs that I like are EotS, Sim, Gauntlet (when you don't have some really stupid things like a required char who just came out), Sentry and heroics. I'm probably in the minority that likes heroics but it's nice to have something that forces you to retune who you field. It's also great knowing that all those people who cruise by on winfinite have to actually work at the game.
    So basically you like all PvEs that's more than just Dark Avengers over and over again?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Haetron wrote:
    This got buried in the anniversary debacle, but I still think this is worth discussion. I broke down the numbers on the rewards.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=33454

Between that and the intentional stinginess with Galactus rewards, I've decided the game isn't worth more than a daily swipe through DDQ, until something dramatically changes. I finished my 2 star roster, so there's no point in grinding for event/heroic tokens when they're almost always token_standard.png junk I don't need, yet grinding for the legendary token isn't worth my time either because Im still needing to round out my 3 star roster.
    Won't you still need a lot of ISO to level up all those three-stars?
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    mohio wrote:
    Those wave nodes give you several k each though. I think if you let a little rubber band happen you can get >10k on some of them. Not saying it's a breeze, but it's not any harder than a "normal" PVE. Also those wave nodes give some pretty great (first time only sadly) rewards.

I am thinking the same thing myself. As a pve player who has finished first in EoTS in the past, I know that the survival nodes are worth a TON of points. And it is possible that even the 170,000 points for legendary progression could be reached by day 5 of the event, depending on how much points the survivals given out.

So I don't necessarily view EoTS as a 7 day event, but more like 5 or 6. I don't plan to push for anything beyond the leg token. icon_cool.gif
  • Already sitting on 160k, with all of my current 3 stars sitting at 94 tops, or max allowed for covers if lower. I can always grind iso I guess, but man, who really wants to play this game for -iso- ?
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    biryon wrote:
    This is also an issue with the 48 hour subs in Deadpool vs. MPQ. Normally you'd get an event token per day from the sub, but now it's every 2 days.

I have no objection to 48h subs. Less grinding, same/more hp. It's a tradeoff.

It is indeed a trade off, and worthwhile in my view. Two 48 hour subs means less grinding compared to a 24-48-24 format.