7 Day PVE for 1 Legendary Token

Comments

• Especially when it comes repeated 4 *. lol
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    biryon wrote:
    This is also an issue with the 48 hour subs in Deadpool vs. MPQ. Normally you'd get an event token per day from the sub, but now it's every 2 days.

I have no objection to 48h subs. Less grinding, same/more hp. It's a tradeoff.
  • Pollozz
    Pollozz Posts: 82 Match Maker
    I've noticed since the legendary tokens came out that u can get 3 every two weeks, meaning 3 events, 1 that last one week, 2 4 days, 3 just 3 days. So, stop complaining so much, u can still get 6 for month.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Pollozz wrote:
    I've noticed since the legendary tokens came out that u can get 3 every two weeks, meaning 3 events, 1 that last one week, 2 4 days, 3 just 3 days. So, stop complaining so much, u can still get 6 for month.

No one is complaining about legendary tokens in PVEs or even 3 and 4 day PVEs, its that 7 days of grinding for the same as the 3 day one is kind of off.

An additional progression, maybe 10-20K more than final progression giving out another legendary wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Similar work for a similar reward.

No one is saying give me something for nothing. Maybe you should stop complaining about what other people think.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    EotS is probably my favourite event. You get a bunch of event tokens, and the survival nodes are really quite fun. I've had terrible, terrible luck with Legendary tokens, so there's no reason to stress for them - just play normally and if I get them I get them, and if I don't no problem. I might even take this really casually, since it's only Colossus, who I don't need. But the next event (which will have Colossus as essential) is either going to be X-23 or [redacted] for Halloween, which will be worth making an effort for.
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    while I am with you guys/ girls in the "7 day events suck" category I need to at least point out what I realized...regardless if it is 3 day/ 7day we would still be playing the event. Granted a 7 day is a bit of a longer haul and more grinds (blah) we would still play the same amount, minus the grind times. I certainly do agree that 170k for only 1 legend token is a bit of bull$h!t, not to mention the **** rewards building up to final progression...again d3, stop being so damn greedy ffs! give back to your player base for customer retention, after all this is a game....

edit: also to the post above...yeah there may be more event tokens but really it boils down to a bunch of 2*s and maybe, just maybe a shot at a 3*....get this, I have gotten 5 event tokens from the current pve, the highest draw rate is for 2* bullseye, out of those 5 tokens I have yet to draw even 1 but yet at 12.5% he towers over any other drop rates....where is the "I am calling shenanigans" button? day by day I feel myself drifting farther and farther from this game and all of the **** that comes along with it. the money I have spent...meh, I get paid once a week from going to work and my money is replaceable every Wednesday, the sour taste I get on a constant basis from a game that was once enjoyable cannot be quenched....
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Enemy of the State is my favorite PvE because of the survival nodes. There's one sub in the middle that has no survival nodes and I hate the **** out of that sub.

I probably won't grind out a legendary though... too much effort. I'm content to just join late for the last two-three subs or just join early and skip that one sub.

Depends on who the essential characters are as to how much work I will put in.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Buret0 wrote:
    Enemy of the State is my favorite PvE because of the survival nodes. There's one sub in the middle that has no survival nodes and I hate the **** out of that sub.

I probably won't grind out a legendary though... too much effort. I'm content to just join late for the last two-three subs or just join early and skip that one sub.

Depends on who the essential characters are as to how much work I will put in.

Invisible Woman, Vision, Thor (2).

I like the idea of survival nodes. I hate the **** out of ninja survival nodes.
  • AaronTheLuigi
    AaronTheLuigi Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    I appreciate the love some of you have for this event, what with it introducing new gameplay modes and enemy types, but...
    icon_wolverine.pngredflag.png , icon_wolverine.pngredflag.png , icon_wolverine.pngredflag.png , icon_wolverine.pngredflag.png , icon_wolverine.pngredflag.png , etc.

Prepare your healthpackbig.png if you're gunning for the token_legendary.png
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    The elephant in the room is 7 day grind for Hulkbuster red. LT is trivial if you have all essentials, but do you want to spend 7 days in ninja hell battling with at least 10 others gunning for t2?
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    An additional progression, maybe 10-20K more than final progression giving out another legendary wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Similar work for a similar reward.

No one is saying give me something for nothing. Maybe you should stop complaining about what other people think.

Rather than giving out another legendary, it would be good if they gave out additional fixed covers for progression and event tokens on nodes e.g. a 4* cover for the next event's essential fitting in before the legendary and beyond the legendary they could offer 3* covers.

Adding another legendary would push more people away from the placement awards who could actually use those covers, so adding something before the legendary to suit people in the 4* range and 3* covers beyond the legendary to push on those in the 3* range.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's nice that Spider-man always seems to be boosted for Enemy of the State. Get a few protect tiles on the board and the ninjas suddenly get a lot less scary.
    I'll probably pair him with Elektra and Scarlet Witch this time...
  • Quebbster
    OJSP wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    It's nice that Spider-man always seems to be boosted for Enemy of the State. Get a few protect tiles on the board and the ninjas suddenly get a lot less scary.
    I'll probably pair him with Elektra and Scarlet Witch this time...
    Daken and Spider-Man would be my go to team this time. (Third probably would be Human Torch, these 3 worked well in Balance of Power last time, or Steve for extra oomph from redflag.png ). Boosted Daken should be able to withstand Adamantium Slash.

Blade was surprisingly good in the last run (when he was boosted).. so he might have a role. I suppose he's similar to Elektra, if we have a good board, they're unstoppable (And that's why they faced each other in DDQ). Too bad there's no one (boosted) to fill the board with special tiles to deal with Caltrops..

I'm not entirely sure what Scarlet Witch brings to your team, except to ensure Spidey makes protect.png s. Waiting for enough purpletile.png for 2x Double Double Cross or Reality Crush might be a bit slow against Wolverine or Gorgon feeder nodes. It might work well against ninja only nodes, though.. like you said.
    The basic plan is to save purple for a Reality Crush or two as soon as Wolverine or Gorgon shows up. icon_cool.gif But I'll see how it works in practice. Might change it around if necessary...
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    My standard survival node team in DDQ is Xforce, Fist and Cap. Since two of those three will be boostedfor the event, I'll probably stick to those.

I'm still going to play this event super casually, though. seven days of 3 runs of survival nodes per day for one Legendary seems like it's not worth the time and effort.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    So i know EotS is usually a high scoring event but 170k for the Legendary this time???
    A little on the high side?
    Seem to remember mercs were hitting about 150k?

If this is harder i suppose it makes sense as it was rather easy to get Legendarys from PvE
  • Quebbster
    Der_Lex wrote:
    My standard survival node team in DDQ is Xforce, Fist and Cap. Since two of those three will be boostedfor the event, I'll probably stick to those.

I'm still going to play this event super casually, though. seven days of 3 runs of survival nodes per day for one Legendary seems like it's not worth the time and effort.
    X-force Wolverine will be locked out for the first half of the event. As it happens, it coincides with his weekly boost. But you can do it in the last couple of subs at least...
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:

X-force Wolverine will be locked out for the first half of the event. As it happens, it coincides with his weekly boost. But you can do it in the last couple of subs at least...

Oh yeah, it's EotS... D'oh.

I'll probably go for Jean, SW and either Cap or HB instead then. With SW feeding Jean purple those attack tiles shouldn't be an issue. Pity I don't have 4 purple for Jean yet so she can zap countdowns too.
  • bobbyfish
    bobbyfish Posts: 299
    skipping. Need a break, have no 2* Thor, 7 days for one token, no interest in Colossus. nah, bring on Season XX instead
  • To all the people skipping, you should at least do a single cycle of each sub since there are one time reward nodes in most of the subs that give either HP or a token.
  • bobbyfish
    bobbyfish Posts: 299
    To all the people skipping, you should at least do a single cycle of each sub since there are one time reward nodes in most of the subs that give either HP or a token.

fair point