Black Vortex & Women Of Marvel Wrap-Up Info

Comments

• Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    What a crock of ****. I typically hit 1K in every PVP event but couldn't do **** in Anniversary. Not sure what the difference was, or if the bugs were bringing out people's nastier teams, but I got neither the ISO nor the extra rewards. I didn't even get my 1K covers.

So yeah, lump me in with one of the many many many many many people who are upset by this decision. But after that digital abortion of an event, I can't say I'm surprised in the least.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    cable-company-employees-nipples-south-park.jpg
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    DeadPool takes over the D3 Universe
    2u9tpop.jpg
  • shatland
    shatland Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    marvel puzzle quest official dev mantra:
    thistooshallpass.jpg
  • aesthetocyst
    aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
    shatland wrote:
    marvel puzzle quest official dev mantra:
    thistooshallpass.jpg

So....prove them wrong. Oh, wait, you effectively can't. The vast majority of the playerbase, and ocean of casual 1* and 2* players who aren't connected to the wider community, is completely oblivious to these issues.
  • Atlas Axe wrote:
    Simply put: people went to play these instead of Galactus Hungers round one. Our entire alliance gave up on round 1 quickly and turned to these. My score wasn't out of line with my past PVP score trend. I scored less on RRRRAAAWWWR! because I was so involved in Galactus. By the time I finished G, I had so few health packs, I didn't finish out as strong.

Correlation <> causation.
    No ****. The Galactus event had 8 hour lockouts, so when locked out I found myself with nothing to do but play PvP. And I had to play a lot more because I kept getting hit repeatedly by the same two guys for hundreds of points. I gave up in WoM because I just couldn't deal with the multiple attacks when unshielded. Missed my 1k progression reward for the first time in a while.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Would it really be the end of the world to build some goodwill with your player base and give everyone who played in those events 2000 digital widgets for each event? That is literally 2 (or less) levels for any 3* toon leveled to 120+.

You guys screwed up on so many levels during the 2nd Anniversary. Just shower us with digital stuffs and work harder at being more open with upcoming events/issues. Communication needs to be two ways and it mostly feels like we are screaming into the void.

Do people complain on the boards a lot? Yes. You need to learn to hug your haters. Admit when you were wrong and don't make it sound like it is our fault that we aren't enjoying the lousy event you made.
  • Something tells me this was posted and then it was birthday cake time in the break room. They forgot this thread existed, especially since they were having to console someone crying because he got his feelings hurt with the "working as intended" pics. I bet it was that keyboard one that caused the flood of tears.
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    Splarne wrote:
    Something tells me this was posted and then it was birthday cake time in the break room. They forgot this thread existed, especially since they were having to console someone crying because he got his feelings hurt with the "working as intended" pics. I bet it was that keyboard one that caused the flood of tears.

They remembered to come on and unsticky it yesterday so that it would slide out of people's memories.
  • aesthetocyst
    They remembered to come on and unsticky it yesterday so that it would slide out of people's memories.

So keep it bumped. Bump bump.
  • I was missing iso for over half of my battles in the Women of Marvel event. Felt like a big slap in the face to get a copy and pasted shrug response to my ticket and no missing iso. I have stopped spending money on this game until I see a better response to issues such as everything that went on over the Anniversary event.
  • Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    I really hate the developers of this game. =(

I really wanted to like the anniversery but every turn everything was broken and they gave hardly any or no compensation for THEIR bugs.
  • M C K
    M C K Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Rough Timeline of Events:

while (){
    1. Players play game
    2. Players lodge complaints about an issue
    3. Compensation is awarded/not awarded, and neither solution is satisfactory
    4. Players continue to play game
    }

Is insanity still "repeating the same mistakes and expecting different results"? I'll have to go check.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Only 355 more daily bumps to keep it up until next year's anniversary. icon_e_wink.gif

Kummiko wrote:
    Felt like a big slap in the face to get a copy and pasted shrug response to my ticket and no missing iso.

This reminds me, I haven't done a "slap in the face" count in about six months - let's see where we are at.

On April 21st there had been 250 slaps. As of today there have been 345 instances of forum users getting slapped in the face. When will this dark reign of terror end? Around the same time the dark reign story line ends?
  • aesthetocyst
    M C K wrote:

while (){
    1. Players play game
    }

Is insanity still "repeating the same mistakes and expecting different results"? I'll have to go check.

Why are those lines numbered? icon_razz.gif
  • M C K wrote:

while (){
    1. Players play game
    }

Well, the "players continue to play the game" option has all been removed for me sans DDQ, thanks to $ilver $urfer and his "no effect on scaling or MMR," so there's that.

But I do agree on the rest. Actually quitting this game is like trying to quit an addiction or an abusive relationship. icon_e_wink.gificon_lol.gif

DBC
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is the first time I've really been on the forums this week, so when I took the pop-up survey, I was more positive since they seemed to have fixed the anniversary event...

Then I came here and read this dev post. Talk about a group of people with a learning disorder. These Dev's just don't learn... or just don't care to learn.

I played the event, noticed the bug and stopped playing. Came back in later played another fight, same thing, still not fixed so I stopped playing. I did not play the PVP until the very last few hours so that I could do one climb then shield to the end. I did this to prevent me from banging my head against the wall by putting out a whole slew of retaliation nodes 2.5 days before the end to people who would then just continually bang on me until I wasn't worth any points anymore. Because of this I only got the iso from my single climb (when it actually gave me iso... if it actually gave me iso) at the end of the event. I did not play MORE... I did not get MORE Iso... I did not have MORE fun.

I gained LESS, played LESS, and had NO fun because I wanted to minimize the damage that would be done to me from actually playing the entire PVP event. For this reason, I did not hit 1K, did not get my progression, and now, did not get an apology or compensation because some Excel Spreadsheet tallied some numbers that the devs read as a successful event.

The fact that the devs even wrote in their message that THEY KNOW people would be unhappy... they came to this decision anyway. "I know this is the wrong decision, but we're doing it anyway because we can... and there is nothing you can do about it" - Signed Devs. PS - "Squeal like a pig"

Good thing the survey pop-up is still there. I have since revised my answer. I know they may not like it, but as long as the survey continues to pop up, I will continue to answer the survey with my dissatisfied response.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    I just had a crazy thought. Maybe the devs have rebuilt the forums so that the reds can only post once in a thread and then it goes poof and they never see it again. So everytime they post it is the equivalent to dropping the mic on every thread.

icon_rolleyes.gif

*puts on his tinfoil hat and wanders off*
  • madok wrote:
    I just had a crazy thought. Maybe the devs have rebuilt the forums so that the reds can only post once in a thread and then it goes poof and they never see it again. So everytime they post it is the equivalent to dropping the mic on every thread.

icon_rolleyes.gif

*puts on his tinfoil hat and wanders off*

That would not be a shock.

I'm 100% confident too. icon_e_wink.gif
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Did a Red ever respond?
This discussion has been closed.